Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is there anything I can do? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Is there anything I can do?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is there anything I can do?  (Read 258 times)
jacowo
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: Jan 31st, 2003, 5:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm not a family member, I'm not a significant other, heck!  I'm not even sure I count as a friend - but I've got this co-worker who is going through hell with these headaches...

The last one was really bad.  He's been diagnosed with cluster headaches, but it looked like he had them under control for a while, now they're back with a vengeance.  He spent the last night in the ER.

We're not close.  He doesn't look to me for strength or comfort, but I would do anything to not have him have to go through what I see him going through.

IP Logged
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Is there anything I can do?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 6:51pm »

tell your friend you found a cluster headache chat
room and tell him to become a member.ask alot of  
question to the board members.they will give him
there best advice.they help me a lot dealing with
CH
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 7:53pm »

Hi Jacowo
That's pretty cool that you're sympathetic to your co-workers pain.  What can you do for him?  Exactly what cbolony says...give him this website address and tell him there's a lot more folks like him out here.  A lot of sufferers think they are alone with this.
What else can you do for him when he's in an attack?  there's nothing you CAN do to stop the pain, but you could act as a buffer for him and let him have his privacy during the attack.  Explain to other co-workers what he has and that the attack will pass soon, it's probably just best to leave him alone and, if he wants to shut his door, be a guardog at that door until he comes out again.  He'll thank you for that, trust me.  Wink

Again, thanks for caring - so many people have never even heard of clusters.  Awareness is what is going to eventually lead us to a cure.

IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Edna
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 10:51pm »

WOW, how wonderful of you to be so concerned for a co-worker.  Listen to Margi, what she tells you is so true.

Truly horrible that anyone has to experience such hell at work, but it'll help your pal just knowing somebody at work gives a damn and is concerned.

You're special to care. Please make sure to pass the addy here to your friend and hopefully he can gain great knowledge and much support here as well

EDNA
IP Logged
Jarvis
New Board Old Timer

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 11:21pm »

Yes!!!  One of the greatest things for someone suffereing from clusters is to have someone at the very least partially understand the pain they experience as so very very few do.. Tell him you were just curious and did a little research. Please do that research here.... Ask him what its like only when you know he's not getting hit.... Avoid the pity thing, just understand its the greatest pain any of us have ever known.... I dont think I would want everyone to know but If only one understands its like the whole world to a sufferer. .......Beyond that do as Margi says.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2003, 11:25pm by Jarvis » IP Logged
jacowo
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 11:34pm »

Thank you to everybody for the advice.  I do try to be a buffer, but I'm afraid I'm not terribly good at it yet.  As for telling him about this site - he's the one who gave the address to me. :-D
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Feb 1st, 2003, 2:48am »

You say "I'm not even sure I count as a friend " and "We're not close"

The heck you say  Wink

Since he gave you the address to this message board he must be here or think highly of this site. I'd say he has a great deal of trust in you (and us) to want you to come here and meet his friends.  

I'd say he may have more than just a casual interest in you. Give him one of these  Grin Monday morning.

Good luck. And thanks for being a wonderful supporter.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Feb 1st, 2003, 9:40pm »

Sounds like you are a pretty good friend to me!
I hope this helps
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/family/fam_tips.htm
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss