Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 11:36am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Wife advise. 1st post. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Wife advise. 1st post.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Wife advise. 1st post.  (Read 333 times)
MJohnson

Email

Wife advise. 1st post.
« on: Mar 19th, 2003, 12:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi, I am new to this site.  Actually my husband suffers from CH's and clued me in.  I guess I'm not sure where to start.  I just wanted to give some advise to any wives out there. If anyone cares.  
It is unbelieveably hard to watch him go through one of his attacks. I want to scream at his doctors to do something for him.  We've been married for a year but together for 5 years and have seen him go through these before.  The only thing I can do for him is to leave him alone until it passes.  Also be completely understanding and supporting, which I think most of us are.  If anyone has any other advise please fill me in. I would love nothing more than to ease his suffering.  
Thanks!  
MJohnson
IP Logged
windy
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Wife advise. 1st post.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19th, 2003, 1:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband is also a CH sufferer-in a session now. Its awful. This is also my first post. We've been dealing w/CH for approx 15 years-has a session every 2 yrs-lasts 3-6 wks.We need help. My husband had an almost fatal reaction to Maxalt 4 yrs ago-those are no longer available to him-he's trying water diet today, hope it works for him. All we have are over the counter meds-like alleve-helps a tiny bit-but not nearly enough.I am very grateful for this website.
IP Logged
MJohnson

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 19th, 2003, 2:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My husband was taking Maxalt until just recently he stopped because the doctors would only give out 8 at a time which is bull@#%! He would run out of them and get a hard time by the pharmacist to refill.  In the meantime he is in excrutiating pain.  UGH!
He is now on a med called Amerge and it seems to be working but makes him tired.  He still gets some pain but it only lasts for a short time. Each day I wake up and pray that it will be pain free and this cycle can be over with.
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 19th, 2003, 11:00pm »

Get a good Neuro... your hubby needs a preventative like Verapamil or Neurontin... and an abortive like imatrex, zomig, amerge or frova...the last one is fairly new and I didnt like it but other CH ers think its ok... also I know alot of the guys here have had success with O2 dont give up find another doctor.... keep in touch and good luck  Ree

ps you can email me at Ree16angel@aol.com  
you would actually be helping me as it keeps my mind off the war that started a couple of hours ago...
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
wifeofsufferer
New Board Newbie

just wanting to find out all i can to help!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 1st, 2003, 11:14am »

Hi, Im also new to this site and new to C/H too, Ive been looking up on the internet trying to find out what my husband is suffering from as he is too hardheaded to see a Dr.  Angry  I have found the symptoms he has are exactly the same as all the C/H sufferers out there. We have only been married a year too, I am English and he is American and we met 3yrs ago on the internet.   It has only been 2wks now since the pains started and dont think he can take much more! I guess he will sucomb to going to the dr. now ive found that this demon will last for a while yet. Have you  or anyone you know of found any over the counter meds that can help at all, I cant stand to feel so helpless when he is in so much pain and would appreciate any help you  can  give.  I only just came upon this site and im amazed how many people are suffering and how helpfull this site is to everyone and i  know i have a long way to go yet in finding out all i can to help.  Thanks in antisipation Smiley
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 4th, 2003, 3:18pm »

Welcome MJohnson, windy and wife-of-sufferer!
Offering you any support, info or help you may require. Just ask.
I found it was useful to read other supporters' questions in archives and read the replies. There are so many good supporters on this site and their advice was a big help to me.
IM or E mail me if I can help in any way.
firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Big Dan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

SMASH BRAIN!

Danboyceccg   DanielNBoyce
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 12th, 2003, 8:25am »

Hey, MJ....

Give your husband my regards....

.. anyway... I'm episodic, and going through on right now.  I've found in past years that Excedrin Migrain helps with shadows.... but not completely... other than that, I can suggest O2....

... but if he's hell bent on not going to a Head Doc, he's gunna miss out on the good stuff.  Imatrex helps me 70% of the time... unless I'm having a "Hell on Earth" night, then I just have to settle in and hope its a short bout.... Sad

-Daniel
IP Logged

Not going anywhere for a while?...

... Grab a Snickers, Fatass.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss