Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « MY BRAVE PATRIOT »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   MY BRAVE PATRIOT
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: MY BRAVE PATRIOT  (Read 238 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

MY BRAVE PATRIOT
« on: Apr 5th, 2003, 10:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I wanted to write about my supporter... but I didnt want to change the subject of the thread that jonny started... This is a CH site and we should keep to that but since this is a supporter area... I wanted to just write and say that even through all this war stuff and it is dreadful... my son is supporting me.  His bravery supports me... His words support me and through all this I will come out stronger and a better person for having known him...

I won't brag about him in as a Dad might with all the hoorah and guns... I will tell you that he is kind and sensitive to the things I need to hear.  He recently wrote me an email after being in the "field" (desert) for a week... it said ...stop worrying so much. I'm as safe as a man can be.  I'm surrounded by a bunch of Marines! I know he means this, he believes this... that one sentence brought me more comfort than any thing ANYONE could do for me in these past weeks.  He is so lucky to be part of that family of true supporters.  It is why I am so defensive to the protests of a few members of this board.  He has his job and he is accomplishing it.  How many of us can say that they had anything to do with something as great as freeing an oppressed nation... The pride I feel out weighs the fear as I write this... and that's a good thing.  I'm getting used to the idea that he is there and I'm not so helpless. It is his strength that makes me strong...  
Love to you all...  and I mean YOU ALL...I hope you all have a chance to know someone like him someday.
Lets put up some yellow ribbons and flags and show our sons and daughters that we love them... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
BonnieW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: MY BRAVE PATRIOT
« Reply #1 on: Apr 7th, 2003, 6:03pm »

Ree -  

I have four sons - two of whom live away from home and I miss them like crazy.  I cannot even imagine the stress you are feeling (as well as the pride).  My second son is trying to get into the Canadian Military - it scares the heck out of me, but it is his dream - and I will have to live with it.  I think of you lots and pray for all the boys and girls over there now.  Take care,
Bonnie
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 16th, 2003, 10:03pm »

Hi Bonnie... My sons grew up wanting to be in the military... If your son wants to do that I think its great.  Don't discourage him.  Sometimes we are called to jobs that others cannot understand.  I myself am the most docile type.  To have two boys that meet the criteria of my sons almost makes me want to check the hospital records to be sure I brought home the right kids.  Everything they are doing now they do on their own and only they can take credit for it.  Though I have always supported them they are so independant in what they want for themselves... and though it scares me at times I would or could never stand in the way of that... They are brave men... with hearts of steal for their countrymen.  Its the best feeling a mom can have to have kids that are selfless and not selfish like most young men and women today... Let your son try it... He will come back all the better for it... thanks for the nice note... Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 24th, 2003, 6:55am »

Oh Ree Ree-you are such a special woman, wife and mother.  You must realize that your sons grew up to be wonderful men because (in the most part) because of the people you and your husband are.  I know, many people are good parents and are not so fortunate, but if you weren't, your sons wouldn't be who they are.

Thank that Marine from the bottom of our hearts for helping to keep us safe.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss