Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help us please! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Help us please!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help us please!  (Read 209 times)
Brikalovingwife

Email

Help us please!
« on: Jul 28th, 2003, 2:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I need help.  My husband has been suffering diagnosed cluster headaches for four years.  This year right now... it's worse than ever.  He had been using Maxalt which worked well... about 10 minutes relief.  Then our insurance said they would only pay for Imitrex... good for them... well the pills work somewhat but not totally and not quickly at all!  Now we are taking Initrex injectables.  Which work!  BUT, how often can we take them.  He has been having 8-10 attacks a day the pas two days.  The Neuro just prescribed prednesone... we will begin it tommorw.  I am willing to do ANYTHING... I just need it to STOP! Any help out there?

Brika
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

Re: Help us please!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 2:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi sorry yr having a bad time right now, my husband is also a sufferer, glad to hear you got the imitrex injections, gonna post your post on the General board, hopefully you'll get a better response there...O2 is good, theres a wealth of info on the site here and on OUCH...

Welcome to you both.  

Cathy  Smiley
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 2:54pm »

Print up some information from the buttons on the left... We are also in cycle right now... See if your neuro will prescribe a preventative med like Neurontin or Verapamil... That really helps.  My husbands cycles were horrible till he got on a preventative... also it helps for some eposodics to stop drinking even one beer can keep a cycle going and stop the meds from working full strength... Feel free(( and I mean this from the bottom of my heart))  to email me  Ree16angel@aol.com I want to help you and support you til you guys can get this under control... Peace to you and God Bless Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 4:18pm »

Greetings Brikalovingwife!
Welcome!
Sorry to hear things are so grim, but remember things can also go the other way too.
Mopar has used 10 Imitrex shots a day too, but we don't recommend it unless its absolutely necessary - like stuck at work with no O2. Its the oxygen that helped him cut down the amount of Imitrex he was using , so please read the info on this site and try to get him a tank for home, and a portable one for taking in the car. Make sure you get a non-rebreather mask as O2 doesn't work without one.

The prednisone should stop the attacks, but he'll need another med to continue on as it is for short term use only. Usually one starts on prednisone then as it is tapered, start Verapamil or Verapamil and Lithium or another med that will help to control the ha. If things are very grim, I suggest you call the neuro for more help.

Feel free to contact me if I can help. E mail's on site or you can IM me. Any time.

Wishing you all the best. Remember to take good care of yourself while your husband is getting hammered - we supporters cannot help as well if we are tired, stressed and filled with fear.  

Wishing you all the very best, sympathy and as much help as you need. PFDAN to you both!
firebrix

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28th, 2003, 4:20pm »

Hi there  

This is my coctail    

Verapamil Retard 120mgX5-7/daily during cycle 3 weeks after last hit tapering down with 1 verap every 3/4 days until you are on 1 a day.1 a day for another 2 weeks you can decide to quit the verap or take 1 a day.Oxygene alone at 10ltm for 15 minutes or combined with imitrex-shots does miracles.The shots should start working in 6-9minutes.a few seconds after that you are almost painfree    
Prednisolone in high doze for 10 days 80mg    
then over a 3 weeks periode step down like 70-60-50-40-30-20-10-5mg every 3/4 day  
This work fine for me    

The very best from Svenn  
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss