Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 7:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I just can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   I just can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I just can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 443 times)
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

I just can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: Aug 15th, 2003, 12:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey guys,

I know this has nothing to do with clusters but I am so frustrated & pissed off that I want to cry.

I've had these fucking hives since April.  Finally got in to see a dermatologist and guess what he told me?????  You have chronic hives.  Well,  duh?????

Some days are good but some days are bad.  I've been off sick since Monday because I can't seem to stop swelling.  My  face has swollen so bad that I almost brought John to tears.  Last weekend my ankles and my knees were so swollen I could hardly walk.

This week we actually sat down to try again and figure out what have I been doing that maybe is bringing on these hives.  Finally, John mentioned I had been eating a lot of bananas so I stopped those.  My Dad tells me to stop eating anything with tomatoes - ketchup, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce.  Now John thinks it could the coffee that I drink first thing in the morning.

So now I can't eat fruits - we think it could be an acidic thing - I can't eat tomato related foods, and I can't even drink my fucking coffee in the morning.

With all of this I've probably put on about 10=15 pounds and just generally feel like shit.

You know what's the highlight of my day is - when I come here and read these posts.  Some because they are so funny.  Others because I see people helping other people.  And I hate to say but others because then I see that there are other people who are in much more pain than me and I should appreciate that it is only hives and not something worse.

As for the dermotologist, he said they will be gone within 6 months to a year.

Let's hope I don't go insane before then.

D Cry
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: I just can't stand it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 1:17pm »

Aww, D, I'm so sorry to hear you're STILL going through this!!  That's just too much!

Have you exhausted EVERY possible avenue?  i.e. second, third, fourth, EMERGENCY doctor's opinions?  What meds have you tried?

Wait.  Maybe you're allergic to John!   Shocked  I've got a spare bedroom in the basement, honey - it's all yours if you need it.

And, about the food...did you notice a difference when you cut those things out?  If you didn't, I wouldn't continue on that route.  Gotta have my Timmy's in the morning!  If the coffee DID make a difference, can't you at least have a cuppa decaf?

Worried about you, kiddo - you know where I am if you need a hug.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 1:22pm »

Hey Margi,

Gone to emerg twice because the swelling had gotten so bad and they told me it was the hives and gave me pregnisone.

As for the food, so far it been 1 week since I haven't had any tomato stuff, 2 days since I have had any bananas and only since yesterday with my tims.  As for the tomato stuff I think we can eliminate that.  As for the rest my famil GP says it takes about 1 week for your body to digest and totally rids itself of food.  So I guess I'll wait for a while yet but I'm still swollen and broke out.

Sorta sucks!!

D
IP Logged
BonnieW
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 3:00pm »

Darleen,

So sorry to hear that things are so bad for you - don't know what to tell you - sounds like you are doing everything you can - but would think there would be something that would help.  Hopefully you will feel better soon by eliminating all those things - I will be thinking about you - hope the weekend goes better!
Hugs
Bonnie
IP Logged
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 4:32pm »

Thanks Bonnie,

Actually the swelling on my face has gone down a bit so we can only keep our fingers crossed.

D
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 7:04pm »

I would bet you what you have it Pityriasis rosea remembe I told you about that... I had that condition for 10 or 12 weeks all toled...it took up my whole summer... bummer big time there is nothing you can do for that either but try to put your mind at ease and take zyrtec my friend swears by it she gets hives all the time.....love ya Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 15th, 2003, 9:36pm »

Thanks Ree,

10- 12 weeks wouldn't be so bad since I've had these since about April so hopefully it's coming to an end.

I'm feeling much better now than I was this afternoon.  Went out for a nice drive in my car all by myself with the music full blast.  Always makes me feel better.

Thanks,
D Smiley
IP Logged
pain3am
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 16th, 2003, 2:05am »

This probably doesn't apply to you but its worth remembering all the same; about ten years ago EVERY night I went to bed I would get terrible nausea. My wife made me cut out orange juice, coffee, pasta, etc. etc. she cut and then replaced everything in my diet. nothing worked.  

Three months later it went away! We eventually realised I was having a reaction to the moisturizer cream she used to use!!  

Isn't it wierd what can screw up our lives  so easily.  

Hope you feel better soon!!
IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20th, 2003, 12:41am »

check your PMs.. .ok??

Hope you feel betteer!!

tina   Kiss
IP Logged
rchawes@rogers.com
New Board Newbie

I've been a sufferer with no breaks since Feb 2002

Email

« Reply #9 on: Aug 25th, 2003, 1:32pm »

Hi there, my name is Cathryn, here is my background.  I am a CH sufferer, it all started as normal but frequent headaches, getting worse, longer, and more often as the months went on Tongue.  January 2003 I had my first facially visable attack, emergency docs thought at first that I was having a stroke, as the right side of my face was parilized, I was then send to another hostipal overnight, as they ruled out a stroke, and then thought about an MRI.  In a matter of hours, I got two MRIs, the first one had a shadow, and the other didn't, the second ruled out their thoughts of a brain tumour ;D.  Again in April 2003 my face was swollen & paralized, but only around my eye this time.  Ever since April, my eye has been paralysed, I cannot see anything out of it Angry.  As a side situation, in February I started swelling up, which brings me to your posting.  The doctors first thought that I was having kidney failure, as I had over 30 lbs of water in my legs, and they looked like they were going to burst Embarassed!  The docs put me on a high dose of water pills, and that has helped to keep the swelling from falling into my ankles & legs only.  The problem is, I am normally a size 8 weighing about 130 lbs, but right now I am holding TONS of fluid, weighing in at 175 lbs right now Cry!  You see the problem?!  I do not have any hives like you, but I am wondering what scripts you are taking right now, maybe there is something in common here ????  A few years ago I had some real weight gain, I was up to 200 lbs, and I looked completely different that I do weighting in at only 15 lbs lighter now.  The weird thing is this, no swelling in my face, no bust swelling, nothing in my arms, only in my hands enough that I cannot get my rings off, BUT my ass, stomach, legs and feet are holding at this damn water.  Does this sound familiar to you?  On the headaches, I am a chronic suffer, only having one episodic event once on top of it all.  I am constantly in pain, taking Indocid 1600mg, Oxycontin 160mg, waterpills 40mgs.  Any thoughts anyone ????

Sincerely,
Cathryn
(AKA waiting for no pain, no swelling, and whatever I can get of a normal life for me & my amazing husband Rob)
PS - If anyone thinks that having a unbelievable supportive spouse doesn't help, I am here to advise you otherwise...I cannot imagine what I would do without my one & only, my husband, he is wonderful to me! Kiss
IP Logged

Cathryn Hawes
rchawes@rogers.com
Donna
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Aug 26th, 2003, 9:06pm »

Darleen...when my son was trying to find out what his allergies were (before he had the skin testing) I was told that he had to stay off of possibly offending foods for at least 2 weeks or more.  Maybe you haven't waited long enough?  

He had the skin rashes, constant symptoms of a cold and bouts of gastritis.  He was allergic as a child to peanuts, eggs, milk, chocolate, rye bread, eggs, tomatoes, oranges, corn, molds, pollen, animal dander and I can't think of anything else.  He had to get shots once a week until he was about eighteen and the allergies began to taper off.

Today, the biggest offender is corn, then comes milk and liquid dish soap. He also gets intestinal pain from caffine.

Have you tried cortisone creams?  They seem to work wonders for him.

Sorry you're suffering so long with this.

Could it be med's related?
IP Logged
Darleen
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Peek-a-boo

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27th, 2003, 6:41am »

Thanks for all the well wishes and suggestions guys.

I have been doing much better.  Been off the caffeine for almost 2 weeks now and the hives are pretty much gone now.  Had a bit of swelling last night but I think the swelling might be related to ibuprofen - not sure about that though.

Going to see the GP again next week.

Feeling much better.

Thanks again everyone.

D Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss