Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:01am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « the other side of pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   the other side of pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: the other side of pain  (Read 329 times)
austicrich
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

the other side of pain
« on: Aug 24th, 2003, 3:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Dear Reader's  

The opposite end of the Pain spectrum (there is one) is not fun either. I appreciate the Hell Clusterheads go through as I am prviliaged to know one and thus experiencied a little bit of a glimpse of the condition and the JOY of a Pain Free day!  

I on the other hand suffer from Autism no not the Rain Man Type of Autism  but the PRE Rain man Autism. People of my generation and earlier  were never diagnosed in School and have overcame Autism on our own. We Think Autistically and Normally and Modern Autism has refused to admit to us for years now.  

In Real Life we walk away from Auto accidents (yes, we drive) and worse unhurt ,only to go to the Er  days  weeks, and Month's later only to be told to leave ,we lying get out! ,we can't be hurt! If were lucky, the X-rays come back and they prove we are hurt even though we show no symptoms!.  

Modern Autism has diagnosed" everyone" as Autistic and thus only a few of us have the pain free injuries. We indeed stick out like sore thumbs in the Autism spectrum but not many in the spectrum  see it as a problem.  

I hope that someday possibly with some clues from us or research done on us we might be able to offer hope and Relief to the brave clusterheads of the world and their supporters! Doesn't it make sense to solve both ends of the Pain spectrum? It might be good for everyone.  

My Webpage has  a "dirty" picture for this group at least of a neddle stuck in my foot, No I never felt it and walked on it for a day!   Look at my profile for the link.    sincerely Rich
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: the other side of pain
« Reply #1 on: Aug 24th, 2003, 11:22pm »

Hello austicrich.....I'm a wee bit lost here.......not quite sure what ya mean by autism.......you say your type is different...........jus curious but am wondering what you mean in layman's terms I should say. Not sure I got it.....and not sure I will. What part of Ohio you from dude ? Pam that can't quite figure this all out esp pre rain man autism ?
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

austicrich
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 25th, 2003, 5:05pm »

Dear Cootie, Reader's

This might help, Autism before Rain Man (Pre 1974) was pretty much a moot point, hardly anyone was diagnosed as Autistic, due to the nature of the times. No One Knew enough of autism to to diagnose it and (for give me) After the Movie Rain Man dribbled lots of blood in the water Autism attracted lots of Fake experts.  

Suddenly nearly every thing is claimed as autism when a child is growing up,and probably is nothing more than bad behavior or other problems like ADD etc.  True Autism really is a different state of mind and mindset  and we actually think differently than the normal person and our thought process is NOT taught in School, We Learned it on our own mostly by accident! Most of us also were able to learn normally as we were being taught. You might have noticed us as the really odd kids in school (1960's or before) with you that perhaps had trouble in many subjects and yet did well in others. We were also kind of loners in many cases.  

Today Thanks to the internet many of us have had the chance to meet and compare notes and we indeed all learned Autism on our own and even though we were all ignornant of one another we all came up with the basic idea. Autism is Picture thought-in a loose sense of the word - we use your day dreams to think with.  That is our natural thought process just like normal thought is for you.  

Many of us that have met , also have pain free injuries stories to tell from car mishaps, mostly. It Seems the Autistic person that thinks in pictures (possibly Truely autistic?) really doesn't feel any physical pain, we have walked on broken bones had lumps and tumors and even "horrible toothaches" and never felt them. Ocassionally we feel pain for a millisecond or two and it typically goes away as quick as it comes.  Even if were in Constant pain like I am /3 asprin and I don't feel a thing! Many others report similar things and it seems we never take pain pills after an operation. Perhaps something in our Bodies that triggers the pain reaction doesn't work?  

Of Course MODERN Autism  thanks  to Rain Man is a BIG PROBLEM everyone seems to be autistic and the researchers are chasing the money and trying for the fame. True Autism Experts and those of us that have written books or tried to make our Points to the Autism Socieity of America are Banished from their Ranks.  It seems the best of Autism Like Temple Grandin who wrote Thinking in Pictures and many old time researchers were forced out of the new Autism. Sadily Since Rain Man and the resulting Diagnosis very few Autistic people do more than a group home. But Prior to Rain MAn most of drive and do normal lives.  

Autism's refuses to listen to us as it is now too late to admidt to us, and if they did we might blow all of their theories and numbers out of the water. In Reality probably only 25% of the people diagnosed Autistic are really autistic. I have met many Autistics from modern times and most were brainwashed in school/forced to do something. Of Those persons we can trypically watch them develop and bloom when we clue them into their picture thought.  Others ,the majority of the persons diagnosed don't have a clue to our Autistic thoughts and by in large feel pain like the normal population does. Again the Picture Thinkers don't feel pain correctly.  

Moden Autism Autism Calls us many things including things not repeatable here. Perhaps those with the most to loose Like Dr. Rimland Rain Man's daddy all have an extra reason not to admidt to u$. Modern autism has no clue to or experience with our Pain free injuries and in some of their older phamplets they claim some people show little reaction to pain. Even that has been written out of most of the new stuff. We Cry out loud when we are in the ER and they contact the ASA to find out about Pain free injuries and all they get is a Diet of sometype!  

Hopefully someday the Autistic's of the world that don't feel pain can be studdied and the information might be of great use to the clusterheads of the world.    

Perhaps the worlds Most famous Autistic person would be ALan Turing Father of the computer. Look him up on the net, most times his work is described as code Breaking and Brittish Secert service work, Too bad he was gay or he would be given credit for his work. Rich
IP Logged
austicrich
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 25th, 2003, 5:10pm »

Opps I fogot ,,I 'm from Columbus   rich
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 25th, 2003, 11:50pm »

I never knew any of that info before about autistic people not feeling pain........very interesting...I learn sumthin new on here everyday !! Pam that wishes everyone could skip the pain sensations
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss