Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 5:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « my greatest supporter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   my greatest supporter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: my greatest supporter  (Read 292 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

my greatest supporter
« on: Dec 20th, 2003, 4:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been three years now since he's been gone.

Every Dec. 20th. I post this.  Why?

Because I think all you great people who go through this with us sufferers of CH... need to hear what you mean to us.  

He was my life and I loved him.  What's more he loved me clusters and all.  The first time I had one in front of him he didn't freak.  Quietly asked me what I needed.

He broke up his welding duo so I could have a  02 tank with "More power"   He never said one thing when we had to leave a party or a bbq or a family get-together cause I was too embarrassed to stay.   He got up with me in the middle of the night before I knew enough to replace the 02 in time.  He drove me around the block in the dead of winter so I could hang my head out the window to get the air....screaming all the way.  Never once was he embarrassed.

He always had the coffee pot washed, and ready to go for the next one to hit as I told him it helped a little to have the caffeine.  (he couldn't stand the smell of coffee) but he took care of it anyway.

when he knew he could do no more...he sat, with his head in his hand in a chair in the living room listening to me scream in pain.    

When I think of what I put that man through, I could cry.

He died 3 yrs. ago today.  Of a massive Heart attack.  He layed outside for 10 days before he was found because I was visiting my kids at the time.  He didn't deserve to die like that.  ALONE.   He never left me alone in my time of need.  

I re-tell this every year...for one reason.  I need to tell all of you wonderful supporters how important you all are.  To me.  To those you support.. to everyone.  Please have patience with us.  AND.  Please take of yourselves too.   We need you to be strong.

Linda Howell
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
jonny

Email

Re: my greatest supporter
« Reply #1 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 6:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Nice post Linda, im sorry hes gone  Cry

...............................jonny
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20th, 2003, 7:55am »

Beautiful tribute, Linda.
 You will carry him in your heart and soul always.  He is still supporting you and loving you too.  My bet is he did these things for you without a second thought....always remember how much he loved you and how much you loved him.

We supporters love all our clusterheads....it just seems we can never do enough to ease your pain....both physical and sometimes mental too.  Cry

Love,
Jacks Cool
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 3:49pm »

Beautiful, Linda - he knew how much you loved him.  You were definitely blessed to have him in your life, as he was to have had you.  And now it's OUR turn to be blessed because you're here with us, Miss Road Warrior.  We love you clusters and all, too.
Hugs
Margi
p.s.  you better kick Jayne's ass in Nashville, honey - even if you have to stand on a step stool to do it, ok?  
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 4:02pm »

HUGS Linda,
We love ya
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 21st, 2003, 10:29pm »

Much love........and a lotta hugs, Linda

Jean
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 22nd, 2003, 8:39am »

Ree and Dave love ya here Linda... Keep tellin that story.  It was plain to see the love that he has for you.  I wish I could do something to relieve that pain for
you, the missing, the yearning for your love.  I cannot imagine what that is like... I know one thing he left to you  was to be the most kind supporter.  Dave still talks about how YOU taught him to use the 02 tank and everytime he dragged it out during his cycle this summer he remembered YOU... We love you lots and the bond that we made with you that weekend will never die...

I had my first real bout with depression this month.  I didnt get a chance to send out Holiday cards to those of you that I love so dearly but know this I wish to you the happiest holiday that you can possibly have in the memory of your love.  He would want that.
God Bless you and keep you sane and pain free this holiday season again We LOVE YOU!!!!    REE  
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2003, 11:12am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss