Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 4:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « starting again »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   starting again
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: starting again  (Read 223 times)
dav
New Board Newbie
United_Arab_Emirates 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

starting again
« on: Jan 18th, 2004, 8:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

have been 4 yrs since i had one .last night the devil came back.i knew the second the first sign appeared.i have been having them on and off for 25yrs.taking a toll on my body and mind.i am dreading this cycle and praying it wont last long.good luck to everyone who suffers from this nightmare.
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

Re: starting again
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18th, 2004, 11:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Oh Dav

What a total shit this condition is.
We all know the signs and our hearts sink into our boots when we feel them.

What are you taking to help with the pain?

Wendy
IP Logged
dav
New Board Newbie
United_Arab_Emirates 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 3:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Wendy
   the only thing i have found to help ease the pain is  
imitrex one shot nasal spray.this seems to shorten the duration of the cluster.but at 20.00 a dose,it should.
the money dosnt matter because you would give anything to make the pain go away.now i am afraid to go out anywhere because i might get one and have nowhere to go to suffer.lol.
     thanks for replying
        Dav
IP Logged
pubgirl

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 7:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi again Dav

More people read the two other boards than this one (the General one and the meds board) that's why you aren't overrun with replies!

I use the Imitrex (called Imigran here) nasal as well because I hate needles of any kind and I find it works very well for me too, but everyone who uses them swears by the injectible form as it is much faster.
I carry it in my handbag at all times so if I'm hit while out I just go to the ladies and use it.

At home I use fast flow 02 for almost all attacks. For me it is liquid gold! Aborts almost every single attack in 5-15 minutes, depending how bad it is.
If you can get it, it really is worth trying if you haven't already. The other advantage is that you can use it as many times as you like for as long as you like.

I know nothing in practice about preventives (lots in theory) as as an episodic sufferer I prefer not to use them, but I would if thibgs get worse.

If you need any advice on preventives I suggest you post on one of the other two boards. It's worth introducing yourself there any way as you can find some good friends as well as good advice

Keep posting Dav!

Wendy
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss