Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 13th, 2024, 5:05pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Found HELP for chronic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Found HELP for chronic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Found HELP for chronic  (Read 399 times)
brer_rabbit
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Found HELP for chronic
« on: Mar 15th, 2004, 1:24pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband suffered from chronic clusters for 14 years. They fell into a cycle of every two hours (sometimes less) all night long every night. He was dying. After over a year of practicly no sleep, he had lost all drive, hope, happiness.  
I went to this site looking for help. There was a study being done in S.F. at the Headache Research Clinic run by Dr. Goldstein. I emailed them. We made an appointment. Russ was started on Verapamil and Prednisone. He had immediate good results but was still having one ha a day. He was weaned off the Prednisone after two weeks and put on Lithium. As soon as he started the Lithium the ha's stopped altogether. It has been almost a year now!!!!! Cheesy
He is only taking one Verapamil and one Lithium a day and sometimes even skips days. The Lithium upsets his stomach and reduces his appetite and generally makes himfeel "flat". So he tries to not take them. He can go 3 days and then starts getting ghost ha's.  
After I read all the letters in here I was scared drugs wouldn't work, as they don't for everyone. But they did for Russ, so far. Don't waste time with doctors who don't specialize in headaches. This doctor knows everything to know about clusters---I highly recommend him.    Christy
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2004, 1:37pm by brer_rabbit » IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: Found HELP for chronic
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2004, 6:00pm »

Hi Christy,
It's always good to read a success story.... Cheesy  I'm glad you all were able to find a knowledgeable doctor.
I am also married to a chronic.  After years of little or no relief we have also managed to find a good drug combo.
Verapamil, Lithium and Topamax.  Life has been good since last August....a few hits here and there but we'll take that.

Congratulations to you and your hubby and thanks for sharing.

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2004, 10:17pm »

*happy dance*
I'm soooo happy for you!!!!
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 2nd, 2004, 12:19pm »

Congradulations on finding something that works.  I was chronic for 6 years of pure hell getting hit every 2 hours.  It is no life!  I have been pain free for last 5 months!  Yeha!  Pain free time is such a blessing!
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
synergy
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere....

« Reply #4 on: Sep 3rd, 2004, 5:27am »

Congratulations hun!! Grin Grin

Lithium didnt work for my chronic partner - but 02 has definately saved him. Its such a nice feeling to get the majority of your lives back!

Glad you are finally able to enjoy life together - love and happy hugs sent to you!

love sarah xx
IP Logged

The fastest thing on 2 legs is the toddler you have just taken your eyes off!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss