Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 4:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « How do YOU chill out? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   How do YOU chill out?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: How do YOU chill out?  (Read 341 times)
synergy2120
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere...... ..

How do YOU chill out?
« on: Aug 10th, 2004, 12:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Cool  

As supporters we need to chill out as well and i was just wondering what you do in order to stay sane in this crazy world.

Me - i cross-stitch or read when emma and marc are both sleeping.

when marc is up and about and in berable pain we snuggle up and watch TV together.

So what do you guys do?

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: How do YOU chill out?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 10th, 2004, 7:21pm »

I'm so lucky to have my horse, his friend the little Timor horse and assorted other rescued animals. When things get a bit too much I go and tell my horse all about it. He understands and doesn't criticize, make stupid recommendations, or tell me I am being silly. We have an understanding.................

Other than that I walk. As far as I can until I feel better.
I drive my  car too fast because there's nothing like the adrenalin rush from a good save, and I no longer have my big motorcycle. I  do this only on roads I am alone on as I also have a deep respect for other motorists. (Fortunately, that's easy here!)

I garden furiously, pulling weeds with anger-energy.
I try to finish something that has been an unfinished symphony for too long. Satisfaction at a job completed is a whole lot better than anger and despair!!

I also use a technique Mopar taught me when we started working together : When confronted with some scary job, or some place that is dark and hard to get out of, I breathe. Several big sighs of relief - yeh sure, you have to fake the first few, but soon it gets easier and before too  long, I have tricked my brain into feeling relief anyway!

The last thing I ever want to do is spread my misery to Mopar.

I try to sort myself out without irritating someone else.
I always remind myself that no matter how bad my day might seem, Mopar's is a whole lot worse. If he can bravely smile, then I can too.

I think we all do whatever it is that works for us and it might be different for each of us.

It goes without saying that people who talk to horses probably have a few "issues".  Wink

firebrix-the-horse-whisperer

IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
synergy2120
New Board Junior
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere...... ..

« Reply #2 on: Aug 10th, 2004, 7:34pm »

Marc said:

You are not mad for talking to horses - he is really jealous of you as he absolutly loves them. If we had the room and the money i would buy him one.

At the moment the only pets we have our fish! Marc has got four fish tanks filled with fish that he sits and stares at for ages - how mad is that!!!!!

Sometimes i hear him talking to them!!!!
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 10th, 2004, 9:06pm »

Damnit Firebrix, now you just stop doing that!  Every time I read one of your posts, you choke me up.  I felt every single word of your post and agree wholeheartedly!

I, too, spent my youth talking to my horse. So no, you're not crazy (well, not for this reason anyway Tongue)  They are the best listeners.  They have a way about them ... those swivelling ears, that one-eyed look when you're nuzzled up to their cheek...that nuzzling they give you when you hit a good itchy spot on their withers.  *sigh*

You supporters of chronics, you truly are my heroes.  I stand in awe of you all.  I guess it all comes down to love, though, doesn't it?  You and Mopar are quite a team, Mrs. Brikkie.

and, p.s., what you said about 'if Mopar can still smile bravely through it...' wow.  Amen to that.  Our pain seems miniscule to what they go through, doesn't it?  

you rock, Brikkie.   Kiss
« Last Edit: Aug 10th, 2004, 9:07pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19th, 2004, 7:45pm »

Chill out?????

what's THAT mean???

When do we get to do that????

I know Margi always speaks of a hot bubble bath.... but I dont know what that is either.....

even if i COULD relax - I dont think I know HOW.

ugh

I love you guys!

KISSES and HUGZ to you all -  

tina
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19th, 2004, 9:46pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Sorry to interupt, (speaking as I am leaving) but I read that real fast and thought it said:

I cross stitch and read with an enema!

I thought , God us sufferers ARE brutal on our supporters.

Sorry for the interuption. Bye now.
IP Logged
synergy
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

There is a rainbow out there somewhere....

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21st, 2004, 5:14pm »

LOL

laugh laugh laugh

The beast may be brutal with us sometimes but i dont go to those extremes hun!!!!

luv sarah xx
IP Logged

The fastest thing on 2 legs is the toddler you have just taken your eyes off!
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss