Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 1:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shellshocked »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Shellshocked
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shellshocked  (Read 695 times)
Jumjum15
New Board Newbie
USA 

"And I awoke, to see him bouncing 'round the room"

jumjum15
Email

Shellshocked
« on: Mar 27th, 2004, 2:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

WOndering if anyone else can relate...
My husband is finally in a lighter phase of his headaches - only 1 or 2 a day, and is finally sleeping through the night. Thank God for all of that. Me, however, everytime he touches his face, yawns or rubs his eye, I get all freaked out because I think he's about to get another headache. I immediately tense up, and start thinking of the things i need to do for him. At night, every time he shifts in bed (he gets active in his sleep before the ca wakes him up), or gets out of bed, I wake up. I'm already pretty tired from the weeks of helping him out, on top of being pregnant, and I'm wondering if there are any shortcuts to getting over the shellshocked feeling from dealing with this.
Usually, I just eventually get so tired that I collapse, or i take three-hoour naps during the day, or something like that.
Also, am I the only one whose sufferer doesn't do everthing perfect to try to control these things? Basically, he experimented for years with all sort of medical and holistic treatments, and found that it's pretty much hopeless for him. He travels a lot for work. Different time zones and climates and work schedules all the time and what not. I don't expect his life to revolve around this, but would it KILL him to drink a little more water and ingest something other that Latte's all day???!!?? (meaning he doesn't usually eat until late in the day, even if I offer to make it for him...)
OK, I'll stop now. Thanks for your help.
PS, so glad I found this site!
-Ella and the larvae
IP Logged

Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

Re: Shellshocked
« Reply #1 on: Mar 28th, 2004, 8:48am »

on Mar 27th, 2004, 2:57pm, Jumjum15 wrote:
WOndering if anyone else can relate...

-Ella and the larvae

LMAO!  Yes, I can relate.   I'm on eggshells the entire time my husband is in a cycle.    

Welcome to the board Ella... and the larvae (LMAO!!).   Because I'm so smart =  I am assuming you're pregnant.. Congratulations!   Grin

Anyhow - I'm sure the others will be along with advice soon.  I have none.   Grin    

Peace -
Tina
IP Logged
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2004, 5:01am »

Welcome to the board,
I wish I could offer some more insight for you but since I am one the one's supported I only see the CH side. Someone posted not too long ago the only thing worse than CH was a loved one with CH. Made a lot of sense to me. Be patient, CH won't kill you but it has made me wish I were dead. I will not go quietly. I will include the text of a letter we are going top post on the O.U.C.H. site soon. It is not a final draft but is very close. I hope it helps. Good luck and come back and see us.

Pain-free-days-and-nights,
Mark

IP Logged

Click The Flag
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12th, 2004, 12:26am »

hehe, Ella, I've been reading your posts on the other board *L* and you never said larvae before *L* thanks for the much needed laugh!!

ANYWAY, I so totally get the shellshocked piece.  . .even on nights when D does get to sleep (which, thankfully, are starting to happen) I am awake most of the night . .if I do fall asleep, I wake up every hour or so to check on him.  If it's during the day and I see him touch his face (nose or eye) I tense up and start looking for our stuff . . .if we're driving I ask him if he wants to stop . . . I don't know if this type of feeling ever ends.  We went to the gulf Friday . .and I noticed that he didn't touch his face the whole time we were gone .. . how wierd is that??? I commented on it that night!!!!

As for the taking care of themselves.  .. .D wouldn't eat either . . .but, this go around, he has learned that he needs to eat more often . . .of course, I didn't give him a lot of choices.  .. small snacks were given/prepared/told of even when he didn't want them . . . and he found out that it helped to eat regularly!!!!!  Water, on the other hand, has been more difficult . . .I can put a banana in his car or pocket . . .but I can't get him to like carrying a water bottle *L*  

Anyway . . .my thoughts are with you and the larvae *L* (love the counter)
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Jumjum15
New Board Newbie
USA 

jumjum15
Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 4th, 2004, 11:30pm »

Well, we don't really sleep in the same bed anymore, and that helps a little. I'm just hypersensitive right now, and between his headaches and the snoring, it was just hopeless. Everything else is good, too. We should be getting his 02 in a few days, the supply company is just waiting for the insurance company to give ts authorization, and his doctor wrote him a Stadol scrip with lots of refills (although he only gets it about once a month).  
Yay for doctors who know what they're doing.
-Ella
IP Logged

miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 6th, 2004, 11:15am »

*yay* for the o2 coming . . .it really is a lifesaver for lots of people!
How are you and the baby?  I hope things are going smoothly for you, and that all is well.
*positive light and energy*
mia
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Jumjum15
New Board Newbie
USA 

jumjum15
Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 9th, 2004, 1:59am »

The baby is perfect, thanks for asking. It's a boy, and we can't wait to meet him.
At least if my husband gets a headache while we're in the hospital having the baby, there's 02 in the wall... laugh
-Ella
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 11th, 2004, 12:08am »

Hello Ella... Im sure you are a seasoned supporter so I will make this short.  I want to say you are already doing everything that you can for your husband.  You are a wonderful supporter merely because you are losing sleep... There are so many men, and women on this board that don't have support at all.  
  If his attacks are dwindling out you have to start thinking about yourself and the little life you are carrying.   My husband went into an enormous cycle after the birth of my daughter... Hopefully you will be over this cycle by then.  When is the baby due.?  Get some sleep and be sure YOU are on a vitamin... You need your strength for the long mommy road ahead... good luck and love to you Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jun 14th, 2004, 12:18pm »

Hi Ella ..just checking in on you, your little man to be, and your  hubby?  How is the o2 working?  Is the cycle over/dwindling?  
I hope you're taking care of yourself . .and that both of you can enjoy this time . . .oh, and good call on the o2 on the wall (hehe), just bring his non-rebreather mask *L*
*hugs*  
*positive light and energy*
mia
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Olivias_Dad
New Board Newbie
USA 

My new baby daughter is almost here!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jun 18th, 2004, 4:20am »

Hi Ella,

I can certainly appreciate your fear of anticipating a potential headache with your husband.

Three months ago my wife had a series of painful Braxton-Hicks contractions. We rushed to the emergency room and she was monitored for pre-term labor.

Thank God it was a false alarm.

But since then, whenever she makes a concerning motion to her abdomen with a B-H  I go into panic mode. I must ask her a thousand times a day if she is alright. It must drive her nuts!

Now that she and the baby are safely at 35 weeks I can relax a bit.  
Recently I was going through another bought of headaches and she is the one who is worried.  

The worst part of the headache is the fear of going it alone.
To suffer one by yourself is like a silent torture.

For me to know she is there for me in times of pain is a great comfort to me.  

Stay strong.
Your husband is a lucky man to have someone like yourself there for him.

~Michael
IP Logged
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jun 24th, 2004, 12:24am »

Dam I ain't been here in a LONG time........bad bad baaaaad cootie ! Welp Brad's cycle is due this fall......I'm already noticeing bit of a personality change in him.......he's on paxil now for anxiety at work ect and it has really done him good. But I am not sure of the changes this time.......he seems extra passive this time as a change verses anxious and argumentive like before the previous cycles. I am silently evaluateing it all.....and pretty nervous ta boot. When he is in cycle it is ALL he talks about.........and understandble of course. But every twinge or light or dull pain brings on the talk of ch......we talk about shadows we talk about kip scale......we talk about the number of attacks and how long they last. I am growing weary just thinking about it. It's quite a mental trip to go on for us both Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #11 on: Jun 25th, 2004, 5:43am »

on Jun 4th, 2004, 11:30pm, Jumjum15 wrote:
Well, we don't really sleep in the same bed anymore, and that helps a little. I'm just hypersensitive right now, and between his headaches and the snoring, it was just hopeless. Everything else is good, too. We should be getting his 02 in a few days, the supply company is just waiting for the insurance company to give ts authorization, and his doctor wrote him a Stadol scrip with lots of refills (although he only gets it about once a month).  
Yay for doctors who know what they're doing.
-Ella

My wife jumps everytime I touch my face in cycle too.

But about the stadol.... It is not a good med for ch. I had it for years before I got EFFECTIVE treatment. At best it takes the edge off bad ones and might kill the small ones. Is your husband a member here?
There are alot better meds than stadol. That stuff is morphine X 7... Not good. And it causes rebounds.

Stay strong, it will get better. That's the bitch about ch, you want to die, but it won't let you.

Best wishes.
IP Logged

Chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss