Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 1:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New cycle after a long time »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   New cycle after a long time
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New cycle after a long time  (Read 264 times)
Steena
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

New cycle after a long time
« on: Nov 13th, 2004, 4:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband has been cluster free for almost two years, but his headaches just started back.  They were chronic for almost three years and he attempted suicide.  In the process, he almost paralyzed himself with an overdose.

While he was in the hospital, they found an aneurysm in the base of the brain which we had repaired.  The clusters slowly went away after that.  Three weeks ago he got a serious infection in an old wound and the clusters showed up right after.

They are now back every night.  We are both devastated because we were sure they were gone.  He says he can live with them if they remain once a night, but we're both worried they won''t.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

Re: New cycle after a long time
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 7:09am »

Hi Steena,
Welcome to the board....sorry you have the need to be here but since you do.....welcome.

My husband is a clusterhead too.  Bless your heart....sounds like you all have had a rough time of it.  I'm sooooo sorry to hear that the HAs have returned.

My advice......educate yourself.  Read everything you can on this site and OUCH (tab on the left).  There is a wealth of knowledge here and knowledge is power.  Education is our best defense.

There is a ton of support here.  Please let us know how you all are doing.  Sometimes just knowing there are people who understand is enough to keep us going.

Best to you.....

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
snook
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

My friend , your not alone!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 11:36am »

Kiss  Hey Steena, My heart goes out to you and your hubby. its one thing to have to deal with the chs but also having other medical problems to. A subject I am also familiar with, my hubby has had 3 back surgerys and Im going through the medical problems myself , all that does not help.Everyone has their own faith, I know I could never survive without my prays that have been answered and my faith in god. What ever you believe in  one must hold on to the hope I know this sounds corny THIS TO SHALL PASS my mom always used to say that and until all this has happened to us I always hated hearing it, but it really is true!!! This web site has been a true blessing to me and Im sure you'll find how many wonderful , caring people are here and always will be here for you. One very important thing to remember is to take very good care of yourself through all this, it can be very hard on the loved one as it is for the ch going trough this very rough time. Well I dont want to come off  like I know it all, on the contrairy( spelled wrong) Im learning everyday and with the help I get here from the most giving people Ive ever met I can get through another day thanks to them and this site. So stay close and good luck, and for what its worth Im always looking in so I hope to hear from you soon and always here if you need someone to shoot the shit with.( lets face it thats what we do and thank god for that) yours snook[/color][color=Teal]
IP Logged
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

Re: New cycle after a long time
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13th, 2004, 3:53pm »

Greetings from NZ Steena.
Sorry to hear your husband's CHs are back after he had a break but if he's had ONE break, he might easily get another! Don't lose hope.

I think we're all devastated when the reality of CH sinks in. However, being devastated doesn't really help a lot. We need to empower ourselves and help our sufferers to endure, fight and remain strong. He'll need you to be strong for him, and possibly to advocate for him, especially if he does not have a good doctor/neuro.
I felt a whole lot better once I was able to HELP a little!

Like Jackie says,  if we supporters educate ourselves, read everything we can and be as informed as possible we can often help more than we thought we could.

Have you read about oxygen? Check out the button on the left of your screen! This really helps!

Always happy to help if I can - just IM me.

firebrix
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss