Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 4:57pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « pets can be very understanding. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   pets can be very understanding.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: pets can be very understanding.  (Read 542 times)
survivor13
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

thunderstruck
Email

pets can be very understanding.
« on: Nov 15th, 2004, 10:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i have a 12 year old 100lb. black lab. he usally is very demanding ( barking or nudgeing my hand to to petted), but during an attack he seems to know exactly what to do. he will silently place his nose between my knee and thigh and wait until its over. this sometimes help defer my mind from the pain. after the attack he goes back to barking. Smiley
IP Logged
racer241
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: pets can be very understanding.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 3:06pm »

OMG that is funny you say this.

I have 2 pugs, extremely insane dogs.

Now most of the time during my attack periods my wife will get up out of bed and go sleep on the couch with the dogs. Well last night I knew a attack was coming and decided to let her sleep on the bed and I would go cry for the night on the couch.

Both my dogs sat at the foot of the couch staring at me in the dark for a few minutes. Then they both slowly got on the couch and just sat on my feet ( I was bent over with my head mashed in a pillow) silently. Almost like they were trying to ease my pain a little bit by warming up my feet or something.

I was thinking they know I am in alot of pain and they are trying to help.  
After the first few clusters went away they snuck up to sleep next to me.

Smiley
Jon
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2004, 3:21pm »

Dogs are the best supporters... Smiley All they want is for you to be happy.
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #3 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 12:40pm »

The only one that is truely happy to see you every day when you walk in the door. Bet ya can't say that about your spouse! HA!
IP Logged

chris
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 6th, 2005, 10:33am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Interesting -- I've had my dog since she was about 8 weeks old and she is now 13 years old.    My hits are always at night and when I'm in the zone, I usually try to sleep in my recliner (head above the heart thing) ---She will lay at my feet on the recliner, quiet and waiting for the storm to pass ...  I think she may be trying to provide whatever level of comfort she can.  Dogs are amazing creatures ... unconditional love and support to the end ...

She is getting on in years and I often wonder what I'll do when she goes to doggy heaven  Cry (Yes, in my mind I think there is such a place!)
IP Logged
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #5 on: Feb 7th, 2005, 12:52pm »

I bet dogs are great supporters! I wish my pet, guinea-pig, Olivia would still be alive... holding her comforted me on many occasions. I bet her presence would make CH days easier to handle. Smiley
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

Jeepgun
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

BOHICA!!!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 3rd, 2005, 10:03am »

I have an orange longhaired tabby named Kiki. She loves to jump in the laps of my wife and daughter, but she never jumps in mine. (although she loves for me to pet her) But after a bout with the beast, when I'm sitting on the couch, wrung out... She'll hop into my lap and begin purring loudly. It's like she knows and she's trying to comfort me... Makes me cry, everytime...
IP Logged

Her: "Have you ever hit a deer?"
Me: "What, like, in the FACE?"
Her: ..... "WHAT is the MATTER with you!?"
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 10th, 2005, 1:34pm »

My Annie and Chance (gray tabbys) take turns.  Chance is more tuned in and she appears out of no where stuffs her face into mine in between attacks and sits and patiently waits when the pain begins.  Then when I am exhasted they curl up beside me and purr lovingly.  Of course they compete for my love all the time.  They are my babys and they sit by the door when they hear the sound I my car pull up in the drive.
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 12th, 2005, 9:31am »

Talking about our pets lately my cat is jelous of my computer and all my fellow CH suffers.  She jumps up on my lap and demands attention nonstop.  She is my baby right now anyway.
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
maffumatt

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 15th, 2005, 4:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

the only time my cat wants anything to do with me is when I am haveing an attack. She will sit at my feet and stare at me. I dont know if she thinks that Im funny or what, but when the pain leaves so does she.
IP Logged
firecracker7481
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Jul 12th, 2005, 7:34pm »

I used to have two cats Chance and Honey.  Unfortunately do to roommate issues and not being able to find a temporary home I had to find put them up for adoption.  Cry

When I would have my attacks Honey would jump up onto the bed and would purr intensely as she paw/kneaded at my neck.  Once the attack died she would curl up and sleep on my neck until the next one hit.  Chance was funny he would generally curl up at my stomach with one of his toys and entertain himself next to me until the attack passed then he nibble and lick my hand as he dragged the toy to my attention.

No matter how much I tried to push them away they always came back and did the same thing.  It got to be very relaxing and going through this last cycle without them was hell.  I really missed the gentle massage and genuine concern from my animals.  People are great but they just can not relate during those intensely private and lonely moments the way an animal can.
IP Logged
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 1:05pm »

We have two cats and one dog.

One cat couldn't care less.

Seems strange but the other cat and dog seem to take turns being there during attacks.  I can always count on one of em'

Tom
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #12 on: Jul 28th, 2005, 6:09pm »

out of 8 animals, 6 of them sit by the bathroom door & wait for Charlie to come out, but with the dogs being big dogs, they some time trip him, he yells, they scatter, then when he gets back in bed, they surround him, have to take a picture. & post it, it's cute. mostly when our 1/2 bobcat sits on his pillow & lick his bald spot!! laugh (lick message) .

lol Jolene
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 2:01pm »

I have a black lab mix, who doesn't have a clue (or care?) when I'm getting hit.  I also have a calico cat, Charlie, who is the most independent, selfish creature on this earth.  She will never sit on my lap, wakes me at all hours if she's hungry, demanding that I get up and feed her (I throw her out the door).  But, when I get hit with a CH, Charlie rides it out with me, every time.  She will sit on my legs, pawing/kneading me, and literally watches my face, and my eyes.  I could laugh hysterically if I wasn't in so much pain.  As soon as the Ch starts ramping back down, she knows it, and leaves me again.
Until the next one.  It is so funny.
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss