Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 9:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hi new to the support group (M) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Hi new to the support group (M)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hi new to the support group (M)  (Read 275 times)
WifeofCHSuffer
New Board Newbie
USA 

Hi new to the support group (M)
« on: Jan 27th, 2005, 12:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My husband was diagnosed with CH last March and had one bad cycle that lasted 4 months.  Finally it broke and up until now he has suffered with on again off again migraines.  

I am looking for answers and being his advocate because he just can't think for himself with the migraines that come and go.  He is not the type to ask a million questions either, I am the planner he is jut the go with the flow dude!  I have been on the site for three days now and have found so much useful information, wonderful supportive people I dont' feel so overwhelmed anymore I have a place to get help or just a sympathic ear to listen to me.  

In the long run does anyone know what this does to one's body?  I can't image this severe of pain can be good for the heart or brain.  I can't image that it does a body good at all.  Is CH something he will suffer from for the rest of his life or do they go away just like they came in, uninvited?  

I look forward to being here and getting more help and helping others as I become more and more aware of what works and what does not.

Cathy
IP Logged

Wife of CH sufferer. Supporter and mother of two children.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Hi new to the support group (M)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 1:08pm »

Hi Cathy,
no long term damage from clusters unless it's self-inflicted or from long-term med use.

Sadly, these cycles are exactly that:  cycles.  If it turns out that he is episodic (as opposed to chronic), he'll have periods of pain free remission but then will go back into cycle.  You won't know if he's chronic until 12 months has passed and he's had no more than 30 days of unmedicated pain freedom.  For episodics, cycles can last anywhere from 2 - 8 months (on average).  We have chronics here who have not had pain freedom for more than 20 years.

Cluster is horrible.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 5:41pm »

Welcome to the site, Cathy.  I'm very sorry you have to be here but since you're the partner of a CH sufferer it's the best place you can land.  

There is always a ton of support here for you too.

Let us know how we can help.....we'll surely try..

Be well, Sweetie....

Jacks Cool
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2005, 8:27pm »

Welcome.  
You truly are your husbands best advocate!  
The supporters (and the sufferers) have always been here for me . . .and a year ago, I think I very well would have went crazy if it had not been for all of the people giving their time, words, and comfort when I needed it most . . .every question I asked, every statement I made, was heard and responded to.  I know you will find the same reality *smiles*
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
jillybean
New Board Newbie
USA 

supporters unite!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 8:11pm »

Hi Cathy,

Your husband sounds very much like mine!

I have been here a couple of months and the education has help me cope with all the medical merry-go-round mess.

Hang in there. I'm here for you.

Jill
IP Logged

Sorry we have to meet like this......
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss