Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 28th, 2024, 8:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Question to Supporters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Question to Supporters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Question to Supporters  (Read 510 times)
firecracker7481
New Board Newbie
USA 

Question to Supporters
« on: Jul 12th, 2005, 2:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I am a 24 y/o female who has been suffering from CH for nearly 8 years and was just finally diagnosed as having CH last week.

I am living with roommates and work full time.  I am an episodic suffer with my cylcles occuring every one to two years.  

My question to everyone here is, what can I do as a suffer to make things easier for my roomates/friends/co-workers when a cycle hits?

Most everyone in my life at the moment has been fairly supportive but I know it has to be taxing on them, not to mention I really do not feel like they truly understand the seriousness of my condition.  I know that I tend to keep to myself as I usually hit really bad depression during a cycle and that is just taxing to be around.

Is there anything that I as suffer can do to help them understand or make life easier for those that surround me when I go through my next cycle?
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: Question to Supporters
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 3:19pm »

Give them copies of this.

http://www.clusterheadaches.org/Cluster%20Headache%20Syndrome.doc  
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 3:55pm »

on Jul 12th, 2005, 2:43pm, firecracker7481 wrote:

My question to everyone here is, what can I do as a suffer to make things easier for my roomates/friends/co-workers when a cycle hits?

The easy answer here is:  stay in remission!  Smiley

Of course, we all know that's not possible.  So print out what Thomas gave you and let them learn.  Educate, educate, educate.  The more people that understand what it is to be a clusterhead or live with a clusterhead, the closer we get to getting the publicity we need to someday find a cure.

« Last Edit: Jul 13th, 2005, 3:55pm by Margi » IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
firecracker7481
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 4:34pm »

sayyes LOL... Stay in Remission... I never would have thought of that...LOL  If only I could be so lucky... I swear after every cycle I pray that it is my last and just when I finally think I am done with CH it is back to haunt me again...

Thank you for the print-out  I had already found a copy and I absolutely loved it.  My friends and family were completely amazed by reading it.  Is there anything else that any of you might recommend that I do on a personal basis to help them.  Everyone is very timid on talking about the subject around me as if they think I will break.  I tell them it is not a problem, that I just want to help make life easier on them when I am in a cycle as I know that dealing with my disorder is not an easy thing to do.
IP Logged
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Jul 13th, 2005, 4:55pm »

The best thing you can do for them, will help you as well.

When not in the process of being hit or recovering from a hit, try to do your normal life activities, this will help your morale and limit the amount of time you are dwelling on the subject.  It is hard to do, it has taken my 13 years to get to that point.  And most importantly don't let CH define who you are as a person.  I don't let it define me, I was who I am before I had my first hit, and will be the same guy after I've had my last.  Oh yes, I am a sufferer AND a supporter, so trust me, I've been there, done that, got the imitrex whelts to prove it.  Wink
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
yikes-another-one
New Board Old Timer
USA 

dancenshout2002   joyflheart2004
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 14th, 2005, 11:04pm »

Smiley
I know it's hard to be out in public and get the hits, so it is easy to turn down invitations to get out and about.
Some people get to thinkingyou are avoiding them or using it as an excuse....

staying open and honest is the only way to combat it.  when they know you had five hits recently, and that is why you are too tired to go to a party...or that bright lights hurt, and so you odn't wanna go see the newest Star wars movie... you know... giving more detail tends tohelp them realize it's not jsut an excuse....
IP Logged

Psalm 23 - Goodness and mercy shall follow US all the days of our lives and WE will dwell in the house of LOVE forever.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jul 15th, 2005, 9:42am »

on Jul 14th, 2005, 11:04pm, yikes-another-one wrote:
you odn't wanna go see the newest Star wars movie... ....

The light sabre battle between Anikan and Obewan just about brought on a hit for Gena and myself in the theater.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss