Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 3:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « From a suffer about a supporter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   From a suffer about a supporter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: From a suffer about a supporter  (Read 405 times)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

From a suffer about a supporter
« on: Jul 30th, 2005, 9:23am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone my name is Kim Y and I am a CH suffer.  I come to you today because I am EmbarassedWorried about my husband.  Been going to nursing school and was practicing the assessments on my husband.  I did the cardiac assessment and I went to palpate the carotid artery and wasn't able to feel it on the right side Shocked.  I then when and did the ascultation and I couldn't even hear the pulsation. Shocked

Hx behind my husband he dips chewing tobacco, drinks alcohol, eats a poor diet.  He has HTN (Dx at 27) and high cholesterol.  He is only 30.

How as a wife can I get through to him that this is a risky thought and that he needs to get into see the doctor.  I have tried so hard and all I get is if I die I die.  But for him to be so young this doesn't make any sense.  Not to mention that if he keeps at this pace he will have problems at a young age (stroke or heart attack)..

Ok maybe I am venting a little as well.  I am just worried.  

Thanks for reading....Kim

IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Re: From a suffer about a supporter
« Reply #1 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 6:23pm »

KIm... I do not know you well so here is my take and what I think I would do..  

I am a CH suffer, just as you are. My wife (Sassy_Lady) has  become my best supporter through this whole thing.

I would basically tell her that you would want me to get ck'd out so you need to have this ck'd now, not later.. maybe something that can be corrected now, not later.

Let him know that he is your #1 Supporter and he is the reason that you are going through all the Meds school stuff, to make life better for your family, not just yourself.

If its question about not having Ins. you can still go to the local Health Clinc (They are now better than most Dr's office's I have seen).  

Is there any other reason for him not wanting to go ?? Have a Real Heart to Heart talk with him and explain your feeling's.. Sometime US (me included) guys are hard to reach...  

Wishing you PFDAN's....  
Charlie
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2005, 6:24pm by jcmquix » IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 10:31pm »

Quote:
If its question about not having Ins. you can still go to the local Health Clinc (They are now better than most Dr's office's I have seen).  Funny but I don't care about the insurance as long as I keep him around.  But we are lucky he gets disability for his HTN so it is covered.

Is there any other reason for him not wanting to go ?? Have a Real Heart to Heart talk with him and explain your feeling's.. Sometime US (me included) guys are hard to reach...  Reason for not wanting to go in.  He hates Dr.  he says they always have bad news.  He hates hospitals as well

Thanks on the advise from the mans point of view.

PF vibes to all Chers and God bless all you supporters.
Kim
IP Logged

sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 30th, 2005, 10:49pm »

" I keep him around. "

You need to tell him that, tell him how you feel, you can get him there, Let him know your concern, Fears!!
  Make the apointment take him to lunch, then the dr.'s, show him you mean it.

good luck, letr us know!!

PFDAN   Lots of Love & Prayers to You & yours.
 Jolene
IP Logged
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 8:35am »

Grin

Will keep you all posted thanks...

Hope he listens...

Kim
IP Logged

KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 5th, 2005, 7:16am »

Ok all I did it.  Yesturday I stopped my husband dead in his tracts had him sit down and told him my concerns.  Some with tears and some with stern frustration and anger all with love and he could tell.

He hung his head and agreed that his footloose life could hinder him in the future.  He is suppose to be making a call to get an appointment with VA and at the same time address insomnia issue that he has suffered from since he was a kid.          

Still working on him.

Kim
IP Logged

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 8:36am »

Great JOB KIMMMMMMMMM!!!!

please in the future... go easy on us lay people with the nursing terminolgy.....LOL  

It is so hard to get our hubbys to check in with a doctor.  I have a brother that hasn't been to the doctor in years....
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 11:40pm »

GrinSorry about the terminology force of habbit.  HTN is hypertention and  Hx is history oh yah Dx is diagnosis.

Palpate...touch

auscultate...listen

Boy that was bad...Truely am sorry all. I did that once when I was in the military and talked to my parents on the phone they wanted to know if they needed to go by a military accronym book just to understand me. laugh
IP Logged

sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

« Reply #8 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 6:28am »

Thats wonderful Kim,
So glad you all talked & worked things out, now you both can feel better about things & he can get the help he needs!! awesome Sweety !!
Lots of Love & Prayers to You & Yours !!
Jolene
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2005, 6:29am by sassy_lady » IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss