Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hubby had 4 hour dance with  beast!!!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   hubby had 4 hour dance with  beast!!!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hubby had 4 hour dance with  beast!!!!  (Read 496 times)
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hubby had 4 hour dance with  beast!!!!
« on: Oct 9th, 2005, 6:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hey guys, quite new here,but not on uk site!!!

hubby has just had a 4 hour attack, and the worst i have ever witnessed!!

Found it really hard to watch him like this and we tried everything possible to abort the attack and to make him more comfortable

ended up with doing hot and cold compresses, and eventually just ice packs

how do the rest of you supporters out there cope when the sufferer is that bad?

any advice would be gratefully received

mrs mac xxxx
IP Logged
sassy_lady
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sassyladysassy  
Email

Re: hubby had 4 hour dance with  beast!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 8:28am »

Hello Mrs. Mac,

sorry to say, yet there isn't much we can do when they are getting hit,  my hubby hides in the bathroom. he can stand for us to see him that way,  the only thing I can say is be there for him, get what ever he asks for!! & comfort him if he will let you, if not be there for him after it's over!!! sorry he is getting hit so hard!!
Lots of Prayers, Love & Vibes to you & yours!!
Jolene
IP Logged
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Oct 10th, 2005, 4:33pm »

thanks jolene

it is pretty tough on all of us at times eh!!!!

just felt totally useless last night, usually i can do something, but last night,he was just too far gone for any help

thankfully he hasn't had any more attacks today,though still shadowing heavy!!!

hope all your family are ok

sandra xx
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 5:33am »

Hi sandra..  

Nice too meet you, sorry its under these conditions... I'm Jolene's Hubby...  

Sorry to hear that anyone is going through this, but I understand what you guys are dealing with..  

Just try to give your hubby the space that he needs, as Jolene said, I run for the Bathroom, with my meds and I hide until the BEAST takes a nap.... I just can not stand to have anyone around or anyone touching me, while I am under attack...  

After I put the BEAST down, its nice to have her there and offer me a neck rub or even an Ice pack, to help cool down...  

I don't know how much you have read here, but there are alot of different things to try for relief...  

What Prevents & Abortives does your hubby use.. ?

I was using Depakote ER by perscription.... But I got the best relief using Melatonin, its a herbal sleep aid, if he is getting the night time visit's I recommend it. Its available over the counter, at any large store in the Health Food section, get the 3mg pills and take 3 pills each night, about 30 minutes before bed... It will take about 3 to 4 days to start working, but it will decrease the amount and intensity of all his attacks....  

I use O2 to abort HA's for my first weapon, its takes about a week to train yourself with the O2, but once you get it down, its the best, no side effects...  

If O2 does not work, which happens sometime, I use 1/3 of a TREX inj, which usually kicks the HA in about 10 minutes. But I still stay on the O2 for about 15 minutes.

As for kicking the Shadows, try Coffee or something with cafine in it, I drink Code Red Mt.dew during the day, it pushes the Shadows away during the day for me.

Feel free to ask any questions that you have, we will try to answer them for you, if we can't someone here can, I am sure of that..  

God Bless Ya's & PFDAN's to the Hubby
Charlie

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Oct 11th, 2005, 5:02pm »

hi there

thanks for your replies guys

Andy is on frovatriptan, verapamil and O2

he doesn't usually get hit like that, and usually the combo of the frova and O2 is enough to knock him back to his cage!!!

Sunday was the worst i had ever seen him, and it freaked me out a bit

he is still not too good just now, the attack left him really tired and he is still recovering and the beast is still attacking him

will mention to him about the melatonin, as like everyone else, any thing is worth a try

tc charlie and jolene and pfdan to you charlie
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 3:57am »

Lil Sis!
I'm glad you finally got here  Smiley Sorry to hear poor old Andy is getting belted, that stinks, especially on top of everything else. You have my number, call anytime you like. One thing I do recommend though when all else is failing (and sadly that does happen sometimes no matter what) is the good old bag of peas or proper ice packs - even if its only soothing rather than anything else it is just some small comfort
Take care of all of you okay? I know how much it hurts you seeing him get hit.
lots and lots of love
Helen X X X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 8:14am »

thanks big sis Wink

he is still having a hard time just now, and has been on and off his O2  and using the ice packs almost all the time just now

it's just not letting up at all!!!!

i have to work tonight, and i hate to leave him when he is as bad as this!!!!

sandra xxxxx
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13th, 2005, 9:18am »

Hey Lil Sis has Andy been back to see the GP about the Pred yet? Talk to Val about the dhe, I know its an inpatient thing but alot of people both on this site and ours have had a lot of success with that. One guy here (Don) had  DHE 3 years ago to break one of his worst cycles ever and he hasn't had a cycle since! He has had odd hits here and there but no cycles I believe. I know Andy has other stuff going on too but it might be worth sticking a thread up on the Meds board here as I know at least a few ch'ers here have Andy's other problems too so you could get alot of feedback.
Worth a try!
lots of love to you all
Helen X
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

Re: Frequency of hits
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:24am »

Hi and thank you to everyone here.  My son is a chronic ch'er.  I think he just needs some verification that he is not the only one who gets hits as often as he does.  He asked me to ask if there are others who are hit daily and usually multiple hits, or the duration of a hit will go on for several days.  We are so happy to have found this site.  We are trying some of the suggestions and getting great material to take to a doc.  Thanks to all and best wishes for PFD&N's.

Loving Mom
Louise
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
ABarham
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

weezerbarham  

« Reply #9 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:31am »

So sorry to hear about your hubby.  I watch my son go through this all the time.  The beast can be relentless.  I have seen days with no relief.  As a supporter, I know how your heart breaks when this happens.  I usually ask my son if I can get him anything, ususally the answer is no, then I go away.  Periodically I will reappear in the room, I don't say anything, he knows I'm there and if he doesn't respond I just leave him alone.  Sometimes he will ask for something, but after the initial offer, he knows I'm there and will be there for him.
IP Logged

Louise
Mother of CH son
mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #10 on: Mar 4th, 2006, 9:50pm »

hi louise

sorry have just seen this!!

thanks for your kind words!!!

sorry to hear your son has to suffer with this horrible affliction!!. but am sure you will get all the help and support you need from these great guys!!!

if there is any thing i can do to help, or if you just need to vent, i usually check in at least once a day!!!

tc mrs mac xxxx
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss