Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:45am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Introductions are in order »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Introductions are in order
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Introductions are in order  (Read 479 times)
rgasperson
New Board Newbie
USA 

I Love My ClusterHead

WWW Email

Introductions are in order
« on: Jul 14th, 2006, 2:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello everyone,

My name is Robert. I live with my Wife and Daughter in South Carolina. My Wife is the one who suffers from Cluster Headaches. This is the first time that I have actually seen her battle a cycle.

We were married last April after nearly a year of Dating. She warned me about the headaches and how bad they used to get. She said that she would get to the point to where she was banging her head against the wall.

To actually see this thing in action, now, has not been easy. I have watched my wife over the last few months rocking in pure agony. I hate it. Not being able to do anything to stop or even reduce the pain. Feeling absolutely useless.

We have had long discussions about Her cycles and that it would be better just to let her get through each episode without words. She does let me rub her back. I think that makes both of us feel better. It lets her know that I am there. It lets me feel like I can at least do that for her.  

This website had been a lifeblood for her the past 2 months, just having people there who can relate and seeing all the information about things she has not tried yet. It has been a real blessing.

I look forward to future conversations.  

Take care,
Robert
IP Logged

Robert T Gasperson
robert@roberttgasperson.com
http://www.roberttgasperson.com
http://my.tupperware.com/JENGASPERSON
JeffB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wide open till you see God, then brake

Email

Re: Introductions are in order
« Reply #1 on: Jul 14th, 2006, 4:58pm »

You're a good man! If it wasn't for my gf at the ready with ice and ice cold wash clothes I don't no what I would do during a hit.
IP Logged

" It's been my experience that people who have no vices have very little virtues."
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

Re: Introductions are in order
« Reply #2 on: Jul 16th, 2006, 2:42pm »

Robert, glad you found this board.  I know it's been a life-saver for me.  

For hubby, this is the first cycle that's been an identifiable cycle, and so for the first time in seven years of attacks we've finally figured out what the problem actually is.

For the first few weeks/months just having this place to turn to - to look things up, research, read, and share what I was finding out and read what others were learning/doing was empowering in a way that helped make being a supporter bearable.  It's so damn hard to watch someone you love so much suffer so completely.

I really liked having something to do when he's getting hit.  I grab a cool compress, get espresso ready (in case he wants to use it), help him hook up to the O2 (sometimes he waits too long and has trouble on his own), and massage his head.  It doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt any more and it provides some measure of comfort I guess.  He likes to be distracted, so I put something funny on DVD.

We worked all this out while he wasn't being hit - I don't talk to him when he's being hit.  And when it's a bad one he can't really talk anyway.

Wishing your wife pf days and nights - and we're here to help you hang in there.

Laurie
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss