Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HELPING HUBBY ANYWAY POSSIBLE »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   HELPING HUBBY ANYWAY POSSIBLE
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HELPING HUBBY ANYWAY POSSIBLE  (Read 1217 times)
clusterwife
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

HELPING HUBBY ANYWAY POSSIBLE
« on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, I'm clusterwife, and as in my name, I'm married to a chronic clusterhead.  He had TN surgery on his left side, worked well.  He is depressed.  I need all the help and support from you all on the board to help him the best I can.  I tried to tell him he needs to get back on the meds, but he is reluctant.  Thanks for listening.
« Last Edit: Mar 1st, 2007, 3:04pm by clusterwife » IP Logged

Maybe through me he can find the truth, for I will always try.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: HELPING HUBBY ANYWAY POSSIBLE
« Reply #1 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 11:34am »

honestly, the best thing you can do for him is to get him online here at the board.  It's hugely therapeutic for clusterheads to talk to others who have felt his pain.

I'm so sorry to read that a doctor talked him into that life-altering and obviously useless surgery.  Wish he'd come here before he made that choice. Sad

The next best thing you can do for him is educate yourself and keep up to date on all the available treatment options.  You're his best advocate.
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:05pm »

You might want to ask him WHY he chooses to not take any meds.  Also there is 02 available that is a Godsend to a LOT of us here.  Try to at least talk him into trying that.

We never close here and the door is always open..for you and for him.  Try to get him to read all the links and info about everything.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Margi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 12:08pm »

my hubby is reluctant about the meds too.  

What meds are you wanting him to get back on?  Is he on an anti-depressant?
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
BlaineD
New Board Newbie
Canada 

A Supporter for anyone who needs support

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 4:13pm »

Hi clusterwife,

From first hand experience, YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE Grin Grin Grin

Honestly, this site helped me SOOO much while my friend was in cycle, the support here is excellent.  Everyone will give you support (because us supporters sometimes need support) and what a better place to get support than from other supporters Grin

Definately take Margi's and Linda's advice, get him on here... My cluster head can't wait to get on here, (she's still in cycle, but is down to one attack a day Grin).

And know that you are an incredible person.  Just being there for him means the world to him, (i know from experience) although he may not tell you, he deeply appreicates him.  And O2 is really helpful.  The best thing you can do for him though, is just research about clusters.  This site has SO much info and the internet is another awesome source.  

Good luck, and we are all here for you!!!

Blaine
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2006, 9:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Oct 3rd, 2006, 10:53am, clusterwife wrote:
I tried to tell him he needs to get back on the meds to "prevent" them from coming, but he is reluctant.

First thing I would like to say is you must be a very loving/caring person, we are here 24/7 if you ever need someone to lean on yourself.

However, please don't take this the wrong way, if your husband refuses to help himself, he can't be helped. My guess is his biggest obstacle by the sounds of it is depression, and that should probably be squared away first. Severe depression is a very dangerous thing, and should not be taken lightly. I think if you can get him help there, hope for remmission with his clusters could soon follow with properly prescribed treatment.  

Keep us posted and painfree wishes coming your way.

Sean...................................
IP Logged
ti_beach
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 31st, 2006, 1:29am »

bulb2 Hi! I thought I had a gr8 idea......but seems like all of them had been said!! This site is wonderful!! gossip...so many ppl, helping each other!! I found support here! And I don't know what I would have done without it!!! Keep coming back...check out the reply threads........Listen to the ppl before me!! Hugs and Love, Robin Smiley
IP Logged
clusterwife
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Mar 1st, 2007, 3:14pm »

Thanks ya'll!  I seem to get mixed feelings when I mention surgery in any way.  I have to admit, kevin got the surgery before we received this computer.  It was after surgery when his mother discovered this site.  I wish I could have had this info beforehand.  Maybe we/he could have gotten a bigger overview as to what was in store with the "beast".  All I know is that his life seems to be better, minus the depression.  I hope this clears things up better. Leah.
IP Logged

Maybe through me he can find the truth, for I will always try.
daniel96
New Board Junior
Singapore 

I can't avoid but to deal with it smartly.

« Reply #8 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:31am »

yeah this site is great. as far as i know i learned alot for my CH conditions. love them all.
IP Logged

http://www.security6.com/clusterheadaches/ - my oxygen therapy setup
rolo65

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 10:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Before I found this site I would almost every night sit here (with the computer on just wasting electricity) looking at my gun thinking of ending my pain. When I found this site it was like an awakening.

Wow there’s actually people out there that know and understand the pain and depression I’m going through.  

I credit this and the suicide help links I found here for stopping me from doing it. Emotional growth through understanding is something I never got from the docs.

If you tell them your feeling suicidal, all they’ll do is call 911 on you. That kind of response was making me want to do it all the more.

All you guys (and gals) here really saved my life!

PF wishes always,

Roland.
« Last Edit: Jul 30th, 2007, 10:43pm by rolo65 » IP Logged
Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 8:27pm »

on Jul 30th, 2007, 10:42pm, rolo65 wrote:

All you guys (and gals) here really saved my life!

PF wishes always,
Roland.

Even though I don't know you, I'm thrilled you chose life.  Letting the beast have that much power in the world is not right.

I'm a supporter, not a sufferer, so I can't say I know about the actual pain.  I've lived with this beast in my life for 15+ years and I'll never let it win.  I'll fight it with every breath I take for as long as it takes.

We're here for you - anytime!
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss