Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 18th, 2024, 5:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Vibes & prayers for my supporter »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   Vibes & prayers for my supporter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Vibes & prayers for my supporter  (Read 656 times)
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

Vibes & prayers for my supporter
« on: Jul 27th, 2007, 5:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Now when I live with my boyfriend Timo and the ch is back to torture me, the chances are that my best supporter will witness full-blown hits.

So far, he has seen me running to get Red Bull and ice and dealing with shadows. He has seen my mood slump thanks to hits. He has witnessed me getting worried about the possibility of turning chronic again and getting prepared for visiting friends and family.

I know that he has read a lot about ch since we met. I know that he comes here every now and then on his own. He has asked me a lot of questions about ch and how it affects my life. He says that he wants to share it all with me.

But he's about to witness it all "live". And it's going to be very different in comparison to the sunny, smiley, happy & optimistic Sanna he knows. So, of course, I worry and try to hide my pain and hits as much as I can (I've been doing that ever since my first hits back in 2001).

I can deal with this monster, I know what to do. It's his pain I worry more than my own right now...  
So I hope that those of you who have vibes and prayers to send, will recall Timo.  

Thank you in advance,
Sanna
IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: Vibes & prayers for my supporter
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 7:35am »

Hi Sanna,

You both have my thoughts, prayers and vibes.  It is tough for us to share our pain.  CH is a very private thing.  However we can't help the fact that it affects anyone who is very close to us.  

Timo sounds like a very caring person who specifically cares a lot about you.  You will eventually have to find out how well he can handle being around your CH and how well you can handle him being around your CH.  Sometimes we have to take a risk.  However the rewards of having a good supporter in our corner are worth it.  

You have a kind heart and wonderful spirit.  You deserve to have someone close in your corner.  I wish you luck and many PF days and nights together.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 7:42am »

It's going to be OK, Sanna....
I'm sure you and Timo have talked enough about this....he should do just fine.  You all have a plan in place for the really rough times that may come....right?

We're always here if you need us, Sweetie.  We're here for Timo too... Smiley :

Love to you....
Jackie
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 7:59am »

it's all about  heart
He'll be fine as will you.
What you stated as your worry for his pain is exactly how i and many feel.
you are wonderful!!!!

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 6:12pm »

Hi Sandie,

Ask and encourage Timo to join the Board and talk to us. Encourage him to talk to other supporters like Margi, Pat, Jackie or myself. He can do so privately via emails or PM if he wished. I found it was very helpful to be able to cry on Margis shoulders many many times in the past. ( Love you Margi )  

Just as it feels great for a CHer to be able to meet and talk to other CHers, its wonderful for supporters to get the support they need from people who walk their paths, who fully understand.

Hugs to both of you.

Annette
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Mountain Biking Keeps Me Sane

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 7:34pm »

This is a test of love and Timo will pass with flying colors. Angie is the only person to witness my hits and she has accepted this and is my wife, best supporter, and best friend.

She has canceled stuff to be home with me and we told friends over and over "tonight is not a good night, maybe next week"

Barry
IP Logged

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005,

http://barrysword.blogspot.com

nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27th, 2007, 7:50pm »

Naturally, I'm sending lots of prayers and vibes for both of you, honey.
Timo is a good and kind man, I'm sure he'll do fine. He also has excellent taste in women.  Wink
lots of love, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
sandie99
New Board Hall of Famer
Finland 

Wish it, dream it, do it - inspite the pain!

« Reply #7 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 7:55am »

Thank you all for the kind words you have written. Smiley

I've told Timo that he can find other supporters to talk to right here when he needs support from other supporters.

Lots of hugs to all,
Sanna

IP Logged

CH happends, Live anyway! PF days to us all!

"Do what you can and let God take care of the rest. Leave your heart wide open and always wish for the best" (Sanna Hillu)

"No matter how far out your dreams are, it's possible" (Marketa Irglova)

rolo65

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 10:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Maybe some honest talk about how bad it may get will help prepare him for a trip into hell. I think of it being like the scene in the movie Dune where the dude has to put his hand into the pain box or get poisoned. The more he agonizes over it the harder it is for him to accept the fact that he has no choice but to insert the hand into that evil little box.

The silence of the lambs approach (just put the f**ken hand in the box) shows conditioning to the response. If you know what it will be like you’ll probably agonize about it less when the time comes and just act automatically.  

Hugs and hope Sanna,

Roland. Kiss
IP Logged
sldrswyfe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Member of O.U.C.H.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 10:44pm »

Sanna,

I have great faith that you two will do fine...you may find to your great surprise, that he handles it much better that you're expecting.

My husband just was thrown into seeing me from the time we met...and he came to help me get a grip when  I was starting to lose control (yelling, thrashing, etc.)...he'd say, "Stop it....center yourself"  and for me personally, that helped me "get back to the middle".

You both have my vibes and prayers.  Remember San, he loves you.   My Very Best, Sherri
IP Logged

"Great spirits have always found violent
opposition from the mediocrities." -Einstein

"I'll DIE on MY FEET, before I LIVE on MY KNEES"...thanks Jonny...that meant alot

"Oh, say does that star spangled banner yet wave?"....Your damn right it does.
cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 31st, 2007, 11:09pm »

Sanna,

Tell Timo what he should and should not do when your CHs are back.  Should he leave you alone and just be in another room if needed?  Should he stay with you?  Should he be ready to run and grab the Red Bull and ice when needed?

I think one of the biggest concerns that some supporters have is not knowing what to do when we are getting hit.  They are afraid of doing something wrong that may exacerbate our pain.  If they know before we go into cycle what will help, it can alleviate some of their anxieties and also help us to feel more comfortable sharing this part of our lives.

If you have to cancel plans with family and friends, then do it.  They can always visit another time.  You two need to take care of each other.

As much as I hate to say this, CHs are a part of our lives.  I wish they weren't but they are.

Now that you are living together, you both have to accept the good, the bad and the ugly aspects of each other.  It might not be pleasant but it's reality.  When your partner sees you at your worst and still loves you, then you know the love is the real thing.

Tell Timo that we are here for the both of you.  You are our family now and will do anything we can to help you both thru this.

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss