Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 11:49am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Some Curiosity Questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Supporter's Corner
(Moderators: DJ, Margi)
   Some Curiosity Questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Some Curiosity Questions  (Read 4506 times)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Some Curiosity Questions
« Reply #25 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:37am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Apr 16th, 2008, 10:05pm, brewcrew wrote:

Force yourself. One of you needs to have their wits about them, and since DH is being stubborn about doing things to improve his situation, it might as well be you.

How good of a supporter can you be if you get sucked into that downward spiral? Go out, feel human again, laugh, kick up your heels a little. Otherwise you'll soon be no help to him at all. He needs to understand this.

As I often tell my son, if you want to BE a professional, you need to act the part first. Dress like a pro, talk like a pro, think like a pro. Pretty soon you'll be one. Same goes for you. If you want to BE a good supporter, you need to act the part (which you're doing quite well, I might add). Go out with your friends once in awhile and reconnect with what it means to be human.

What the Brew said, and this is some of the greatest advice I've heard in a long, long time.  

My number one supporter, She-Who-must-Be-Obeyed, regularly takes time-out to re-join the human race and be a person again in her own right.  I'm actually thrilled to see the door close behind her, all dressed up and her hair piled high, because it means old beastie might contol one life - but it don't control two!

It takes a lot of guilt off my shoulders and I'd be horrified if she didn't.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #26 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:29pm »

on Apr 8th, 2008, 12:17am, MinxKittten wrote:

as for the last question,  i believe he posts as HockeyRef or something like that.  i don't think he's been on here for a bit as he's been in cycle hell and hes also into a new hobby of fish tanks so he's been on the FISH forums alot.  

No Hockeyref.  Maybe you could ask him.

Potter
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
MinxKittten
New Board Newbie
USA 

Supporter

« Reply #27 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 2:08pm »

on Apr 23rd, 2008, 1:29pm, vietvet2tours wrote:

No Hockeyref.  Maybe you could ask him.

Potter

should be hockeyref or hockeyref88, or i dunno,  does hocky have an E? Roll Eyes

he told me he hasn't posted on here in a long time cuz when he did he felt like no one anwered him.

he said i'm doing much better getting responses, and he reads everything.

even after he quit posting,  he was still reading.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #28 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 3:19pm »

He might not be in the user database anymore. I know DJ did a purge of users awhile back - inactive users. I don't know what his criteria were, however.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #29 on: Apr 23rd, 2008, 5:41pm »

rtd88
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
cash5542
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cash5542

« Reply #30 on: Apr 26th, 2008, 9:00pm »

I am a supporter for my daughter. When she started having CH it was her senior year of college. I spent alot of time driving up on weekends taking care of her. Sometimes she was in the hospital. Every day I was up there I did something for myself for an hour. It may have been going shopping at the mall or the Amish markets or some kind of exercise. Get out and go for a walk. The weather is only getting warmer and it clears your head so that you can cope and think straight. Be sure to take care of yourself and get enough sleep.

CHarlotte
IP Logged
rtd88
New Board Newbie
USA 

no excuses

« Reply #31 on: Apr 27th, 2008, 1:14pm »

OK................Well guys Found my old profile. This is minxkittens hubby Rick...............First I want to thank everyone on here. You have helped my wife enormously. Giving her perspective from fellow supporters as well as sufferers. As many of you know I'm in my 28th year of this and we are in our 4th year of marriage. Jacq has seen me go through cycles in the past but not to this extent and its been harder for her than me really so again I thank you because you all have helped ease that part of it for her and I. As she has pointed out I am a bit hardheaded about what I take, and how I deal with CH. I know most if not all of you swear by the O2. I do have some probs with that which I'll go into later and maybe you can make me understand a little better about how to use. As with many of you I've been dealing with for years and have my ways of doing so. the only difference now is I'm married and in my worst cycle in 10 years.  I'll end for now. Again thank you so much for your support for my wife, it means a lot to me.

Rick  Wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss