Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Letter to Employers & Colleagues (Read 32097 times)
BlueMeanie
Ex Member

Re: Letter to Employers & Colleagues
Reply #25 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 6:15pm

Definately an excellent letter for employers, family and friends. Ever since I showed the letter to my boss, she would ask me everyday if I'm getting shadows or got hit at night etc. and wanted all the details about CH's.

She now only asks once in awhile if my cycle started yet. Luckily for me, I keep saying not yet.  Smiley

IP Logged

jon019
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2005 at 10:06pm

Quote Simon

All I've ever asked was that my name is on it! Just a little bit of conceit on my part. Smiley Anyone welcome to use it, and put it on websites. Good to hear that it is still having some use.

Might be worth noting that it has been translated into American.... Smiley

Baa

Hi Simon,

Your name! dang, if I had a first born he'd be named after YOU! It is a wonderful letter.

I have not yet shown it to friends and coworkers but I'm getting closer. This is such an self focusing condition that I have a hard time including others. The ONLY ones that understand (at least it seems to me) are on this list. It's a big leap to try to share the pain because of the fear of how it will be interpreted by others.

I've heard every one of the last part of your letter. May I have the courage to at least try.

Wondered who you were. Delighted to see your post. Many thanks.

jon019

IP Logged

jason1212
CH.com Junior

I'm out of my mind please
leave a message

Tampa, FL USA
Reply #27 - Oct 26th, 2005 at 2:20pm

Hey Eric, thanks for posting this.  I've needed this for a very long time.

-Jason

IP Logged

lionsound
CH.com Alumnus

breathe

x1||USA|usa|522|64|ME,Maine
Reply #28 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 9:21am

I am pregnant Smiley and I gave a copy of this letter to my obstetrician. My OB read the letter and liked it a lot and also emailed alll the other docs in the practice about me. She  put in my file so all the docs in the practice get a look at it if they treat me and it goes with my info over to the hospital for when I deliver in late December.

-lionsound

IP Logged

tanyae
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Sheridan|USA||0|0|WY,Wyoming
Reply #29 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 9:45am

Where can I find "Simon's Letter"?

IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus

Are we ourselves?

Commack,New_York
Reply #30 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 9:52am

tanyae wrote on Nov 26th, 2005 at 9:45am:
Where can I find "Simon's Letter"?

on page 1 hit the hyperlink.

While you are there...Join OUCH!

I can't believe that I have to bang my Head against this wall again. But the blows they have just a little more Space in-between them. Gonna take a breath and try again.
Edoubleitk Edoubleitk1  
IP Logged

tanyae
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Sheridan|USA||0|0|WY,Wyoming
Reply #31 - Nov 26th, 2005 at 10:01pm

Thanks, I did sign up while there!
Great letter like you all said.

IP Logged

Delts
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Hastings|Great_Britain||0|0|
Reply #32 - Dec 1st, 2005 at 1:55am

Simon that is the best explanation of CH i have heard every time i try and explain i cannot convey the seriousness of attacks, as soon as people hear headache they switch off and seem to think a paracetamol will do the job  Angry Nice one mate Wink

IP Logged

chewy
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jan 21st, 2006 at 7:47am

Quote:
Sue!!...you cant be fired because of a disability

Its not always that cut and dry. Upon hire an amployer may legaly ask if you have any health conditions that may effect your job performance. How did you answer that question?

Do you have documentation of your condition on file with human resources?

How many employees does your company have.

An employer is required to act with due diligence but so is the employee.

IP Logged

mt240sx
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Fredericksburg|USA||0|0|VA,Virginia
Reply #34 - Feb 7th, 2006 at 9:28am

Thank you for this link i sent it to my friend's, co-workers, and boss it has helped them to understand that it is not a migraine or tension headache like they have had in the past.

IP Logged

dacluster
CH.com Newbie

800mg Ibuprophen?  You
gotta be kidding!

x0|Nampa|USA||0|0|ID,Idaho
Reply #35 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 10:39am

I like this letter!  It just about hits the nail on the thumb!  As funny as this may sound, I have been shot before, and I would still rather be shot than experience another CH!  I am not kidding.  At least when you are in shock, you don't feel as much!  If it would get rid of any an all future headaches, don't miss!

IP Logged

dacluster
CH.com Newbie

800mg Ibuprophen?  You
gotta be kidding!

x0|Nampa|USA||0|0|ID,Idaho
Reply #36 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 10:49am

Addendum:
...by shot again, I mean I would rather survive the incident so that I could relish the feeling of never experiencing the MONSTER again!  I consider them a fair trade!

IP Logged

Dragnlance
CH.com Hall of Famer

Monster bait

x1|Great Falls|USA|usa|147|54|MT,Montana
Reply #37 - Feb 14th, 2006 at 10:51am

Print this letter off and give it to those that need it. You will be surprised at how well it helps.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW Dragnlance  
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #38 - Apr 4th, 2006 at 7:03pm

What a great letter!  Our friends have begun to think we're using "migraines" (didn't know until a few days ago when I found this site that it was Cluster Headaches) as an excuse to break weekend dates.  Gary started getting CH several times a day - always in the evening - at the beginning of March.  We've had to cancel plans each weekend as his pain just keeps on rolling.....   this letter should really help!

Thank you Simon!

This is enough already
IP Logged

Garys_Girl
CH.com Hall of Famer

Making biscuits

Planet Cat, NJ
Reply #39 - Apr 5th, 2006 at 2:30pm

On second thought - I would change just one thing in the letter.  At the end it mentions that CH sufferers may exhibit tiredness, irritability, etc.  I would simply change "tiredness" to "exhaustion."  Gary's had on average 2-3 hours of sleep per night, often with completely sleepless nights, and only a few naps here and there (which he could never do if we worked in an office 5 days a week) for over a month.  He's not just tired, and he's not just "bone weary;" he's completely exhausted.

This is enough already
IP Logged

pingu1981
CH.com Newbie

The world was my oyster,
but I used the wrong
fork

x0|Llanelli|Wales||0|0|
Reply #40 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 6:52am

Oh my word!!! That is SUCH a good letter!!! I've got a formal meeting coming up with my area manager where I know that CH is going to come up because they don't beleive I'm ill. I'm SO taking a copy with me!! Smiley

Thanks alot!!!
Michelle

Most people ignore oppurtunity because it comes wearing overalls and looks like hard work.
324508001 michelleljenkins@hotmail.com  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Aug 4th, 2006 at 7:07am

Michelle check your email!
I've sent you some other stuff
love
Helen

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #42 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 8:12pm

I am not the most computer savvy person, but I would like to send someone this letter in an email.
I havent been able to finger out how to save it as a PDF so that I can just attach it to an email and send it.
Can someone tell me how I can do that?

Thanks a lot.
BMonee

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #43 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 8:30pm

Right click "PDF Version" and then click "Save as target"

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #44 - Aug 15th, 2006 at 9:32pm

Thanks, Bro. 
email is out the door

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

aubmari
CH.com Old Timer

Do not lose heart~

Helena, Montana
Reply #45 - Aug 28th, 2006 at 6:35pm

Tthat is a really great letter I wish that I had only know about this web site and had the letter when I had my last round of them ('03). My boss thought that I was one of those "Hypocondriac slackers" that just didn't feel like coming into work!!!!! It would have been nice to be able to have help convincing him that it really is severe.  Thanks all for your info.  Wink

Life is too short for drama & petty things, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, Love deeply and forgive quickly.&&&&

IP Logged

psuet
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|St Joseph|USA||0|0|MO,Missouri
Reply #46 - Oct 18th, 2006 at 10:29pm

This letter is absolutely perfect.  I have had the unfortunate opportunity to lose a good job from ch.  I had doctors notes and everthing, but like it says if you've never had any, you can never understand.  I am printing and copying this to give to my instructors, fiancee and especially my mother.  She seems to think I am faking and I just need to come out of my room and do some yard work or something.  Ha Ha Ha.....

IP Logged

winshots
CH.com Junior

autumn can kill, you know

x1|winschoten|Netherlands|europe|235|227|
Reply #47 - Oct 19th, 2006 at 10:18am

Thank you for this letter, it says everything I'm trying to explain to everybody since I am no longer trying to hide my CH's to the rest of the world.
I would like to try to translate it into the Dutch language, if you permit.
(Maybe this has already been done? Tell me!)
Please inform me if you are OK with this and how to have the translation checked before publishing it (I prefer the PDF format).

Keep it up! Smiley

... untill it sleeps ...&&

IP Logged

Lawnmoman
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|dallas|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #48 - Jan 24th, 2007 at 11:19pm

Hello all
I am new to the site and i dont feel so alone anymore."as corney as that sounds" Ive suffered for 26 years with the longest remission being a little over a year. Coincidentaly about six months after quitting smoking. Long enough i thought i was cured. I read the letter through tears. I think we all have felt somewhat like this before but I have never been able to speak so eloquently. I have forwarded this to close friends and family in hopes they might forgive anything i may have done in the past, present or future. THANKS!
CLUSTER FREE FOR FIVE HOURS AND COUNTING!

IP Logged

MathenyMan
CH.com Newbie

Sacramento, CA, USA
Reply #49 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 6:46am

Just to reiterate once again what you have all said, this was a great letter. I have, since reading it, posted it on my myspace for all to read. It's perfect(for myspace). Thats the one place where all the people I care about, reguardless of age, sex, or location can be contacted. Since I've posted it there, now I don't have to tell the weird story of my, "bad migraines" as most people like to call it, over and over again. I just annonced it in a bulletin and let people read it in their own time. The whole suicidal thing, eh. I wish I could deny it. But, you all know what a 10 on the Kip scale is like. What I should do is get some gloves to prevent more holes in the walls and/or broken knuckles. I'm not so big on head banging, I just get really frustrated. I always get the feeling if I hit my head hard enough during one I might die or something. While that wouldnt sound so bad most of the time, one, I'm a "girly man" if you will, two, I use loved ones to keep me calm. Meaning, if I lay down next to mom, I know I wont get to crazy, for her safety. Well...see ya. Thanks again Simon

What does it feel like? Let me think...Have you ever had something try and eat its way out of your brain? Me either, but I'd imagine it feels something like a CH.
WWW LiquidSmoke916  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!