Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
mushrooms? (Read 2783 times)
hollygolightly
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Preston|United_Kingdom||0|0|
mushrooms?
May 20th, 2008 at 6:10am

Hello,

I'd really value your opinion on this, I have my final exams for my degree in 2 weeks and need to be revising but am in the middle of a cluster.. I'm completely at a loss for what to do. 'magic tea' has been preventative before but I don't know what I can do to stop an episode mid way. I've had no improvements with the meds that the doctor throws at me.
Any ideas anyone?
thank you.

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Re: mushrooms?
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2008 at 6:31am

Many find good relief with oxygen when started at the beginning of a hit, prescribed by a doctor.  Used in the manner specified to the left, clicking on the tab that says oxygen.  Basically high flow, 12-15Lpm with a non-rebreather mask, used for about eight minutes should see a recovery.
 There are methods for seeds or a piece of mushroom under the tongue that have been posted here.
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2008 at 6:33am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

hollygolightly
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #2 - May 20th, 2008 at 6:42am

thanks for your quick reply, I'll have a look into it.

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 20th, 2008 at 11:57pm

clusterbusters.com
I have aborted whole episodes in progress with only one thing,shrooms. RC seeds maybe. Caffeine and 02 to detox.
Hang tough and good luck with the letters after your name Holly.
thebb

IP Logged

hollygolightly
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - May 24th, 2008 at 6:24am

Thanks for the info, I'm going to give it a go today. Never had a cluster like this one before, seems to be going on for weeks and weeks.
I read a research paper from the american journal of neurology that reports that acid and psilocybin mushrooms have shown to be very effective at preventing cluster attacks. Sounds far out and is obviously illegal etc etc. Interesting none the less.
Thanks for your supportive replies.
Holly

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #5 - May 26th, 2008 at 7:07pm

Im glad to hear you may have found your magic bullet. cheers to pf days. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #6 - May 26th, 2008 at 9:59pm

When I have short periods of time where I have to be pain free I go on a short term burst of prednisone. It's a strong medication and not something you should take for long periods of time as it can have a lot of damaging effects to joints, organs etc.

At doses as low as 30 mg a day I can usually be pain free, At 40-50 mg a day I'm bullet proof. Again, not a good long term medication but is great when you're exhausted from a long cycle and just need rest, or when you have something you absolutely, positively have to stay pain free for. Goodluck.

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #7 - May 26th, 2008 at 10:13pm

Guiseppi wrote on May 26th, 2008 at 9:59pm:
When I have short periods of time where I have to be pain free I go on a short term burst of prednisone. It's a strong medication and not something you should take for long periods of time as it can have a lot of damaging effects to joints, organs etc.

At doses as low as 30 mg a day I can usually be pain free, At 40-50 mg a day I'm bullet proof. Again, not a good long term medication but is great when you're exhausted from a long cycle and just need rest, or when you have something you absolutely, positively have to stay pain free for. Goodluck.

Guiseppi

I'll second that. Prednisone is  NOT to be used long term, but it has given me a break from the pain when I need it. I take it at the beginning of a cycle while my Topomax is building up, but I recently took it near the end of my cycle when I just couldn't handle the pain and we had major stuff going on at work. (I didn't take the full prescription which is normally 48 pills. I only took about half, starting at 40 mg instead of my normal 60 and tapering down)

Good luck to you
~Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

LostAgain
CH.com Junior

No excuses...

Buffalo Grove, IL USA
Reply #8 - May 27th, 2008 at 12:17am

I think I may try them if it works for you keep us posted.

PF times to you and good luck.
« Last Edit: May 27th, 2008 at 12:19am by LostAgain »  
LostBoarder36  
IP Logged

hollygolightly
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #9 - May 27th, 2008 at 2:12pm

For the 16th day running I had woken up with a kip 7, as the day progressed and the pain faded I took a dose of 'liberty cap' mushrooms. They grow wild here. Within 30 mins even the shadows had gone and I felt brilliant. It wasn't a high dose so I didn't feel especially strange, went for a walk in the park and marvelled at the cloud formations but was no more 'trippy' than that. I then had no further attacks for 2 and a half days, and even then, instead of having 3 or 4 kip 6 to kip 8 attacks per day I now get 2 kip 3 attacks on a bad day. I intend to take another dose soon but it's hard to set aside the time, I certainly wouldn't be able to revise while under the influence.
Feels a bit precarious to talk about such things on a message board and I don't want anyone to think that I'm advocating a cure, treatment or even that it's worth trying. My intention is just to share something that has had an effect for me.
Also important to note that if you're going to pick your own make sure you're certain about what you're picking.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!