Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Memorial day is taboo? (Read 3096 times)
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Memorial day is taboo?
May 24th, 2008 at 11:21am

My daughter is in elementary school.  So far this year, they have learned about Valentines day, mother's day, groundhogs day, St Patrick's day and Cinco de Mayo.  They even spent the entire month of February (Black History Month) doing an in-depth study of Mexico. 

But, there was no mention AT ALL about Memorial day.  Dianan didn't even know there was no school monday, let alone know the reason why.

WTF?

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Re: Memorial day is taboo?
Reply #1 - May 24th, 2008 at 11:32am

Quote:
WTF?

Excellent question, good sir.

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Well come Tuesday I'd be asking the bloody hell why  Angry

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 24th, 2008 at 12:37pm

Damn those moonbats!! Angry

IP Logged

mattscott
CH.com Alumnus

Toledo Ohio USA
Reply #4 - May 24th, 2008 at 12:44pm

"They Can't Handle the Truth"
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.&&- Ronald Reagan&&

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2008 at 3:54pm

I cannot think of one politically correct, twisted reason why.  This country would not exist were it not for all the men and women who served and sacrificed for our freedom.

Beth

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #6 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:28pm

Quote:
 This country would not exist were it not for all the men and women who served and sacrificed for our freedom.

Beth

yep.  And most of them have been rolling over in their graves for the last forty or so years.......

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:13pm

Hey B$, I found out why its taboo.

Portland Moonbats Burn Soldier Effigy
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

I told you it was the moonbats! Angry

IP Logged

Agostino Leyre
CH.com Sponsor

"Hit like a phillips head
into my brain."

Madison WI USA
Reply #8 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:17pm

I guess it's a damn good thing I don't live in Portland. Angry

Triptans cause increased number of hits and increased intensity.  Learn it, believe it, live it.  I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.&&

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #9 - May 28th, 2008 at 6:59pm

Hey Jonny, I think that vid is from about 3 years ago.  I remember that.
Those are the same idiots that chain themselves to gas pumps and smoke.
Portland has a ton of anti-hygiene, 'fuck the corporate media', and fuck the government types of people.  It's kind of funny that they are the first ones in line at the government hand-out agencies.
They are the first ones to spit in the cops' faces, and the first ones to call the cops when they get their ass beat for burning a flag.
Back in the renaissance, being overweight was a status symbol.  Nowadays in Portland, being dirty and smelly is considered the upper class.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #10 - May 29th, 2008 at 7:38am

The BAD part is that the ones who are honored on Memorial Day are the ones who gave them the "right" to do all that bull.

To me that's a whole nuther point of TEACHING a little of this stuff in schools today. Our kids are missing the points in HISTORY that really count. But by George they know all about drugs and birth control!!!!

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2008 at 11:25am

Okay, now I am physically ill.  To think I spent the better part of 13 years serving in this country's military so a bunch of pukes could stand around singing songs about building bonfires and burning soldiers.  I have to wonder how much longer this country will be able to stand with fine upstanding citizens like this roaming about and increasing in numbers.

Memorial Day is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.  I shall ever be thankful to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice for this country.  My heart goes out to their families. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!