Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sculpture - Rob (Read 3284 times)
Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Sculpture - Rob
May 26th, 2008 at 2:48pm

My son was asked to pose for a new sculpture that was commissioned last year.  It is in honor of our military personel, both active and fallen.  The artist, Doug Young, was a roommate of mine while in college, and has gone on to develop a good reputation as an artist, and has done several works that are on display in the Southeast.  He recently did a life size statue of Shoeless Joe Jackson for the city of Greenville SC. 

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
The statue is titled "Men of Valor"

This limited edition bronze was created to honor those who are currently serving in our armed forces. One of the men who modeled for this sculpture is currently stationed in Iraq.

I couldn't be prouder of the kid, as you know, but to have him immortalized in this way is awesome!

Happy Memorial Day to each of you.  Sempre Fi and God bless America.
Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: Sculpture - Rob
Reply #1 - May 26th, 2008 at 2:50pm

That is so beautiful Jerry, and how apt to see it here today. I've got quite a lump in my throat I can tell you.

Thank him every day from me please

lots of love
Helen xxx

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 26th, 2008 at 5:11pm

Looks great, Jerry!  Smiley

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #3 - May 26th, 2008 at 8:59pm

I have to say that it looks damned good.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - May 26th, 2008 at 10:55pm

Very, very impressive, Jerry.

How cool is that? 

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2008 at 12:30am

How very cool is that!!  You should be very proud of your son Jerry.

Beth

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!