Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What the king snake had for dinner (Read 4061 times)
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
What the king snake had for dinner
May 26th, 2008 at 10:30pm

However, before we get to the main meal, here's a picture of   *grandma's chicken* (egret and my ma-in-law called them her *chickens* because they liked to stay in the pond beside her house). jimbo had bushhogged the pastures and they were looking for bugs to eat.  By the time I got my camera and came back, they were flying off.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Another snake!  Jimbo and I were out in the backyard, when we saw *this* (sorry for the blurring, we were both moving)

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Not being fond of snakes in my back yard, Jimbo kindly took care of the problem for me.

King snake was most appreciative that he didn't have to hunt for lunch.  I did not stick around to see kif he needed dessert.

IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Re: What the king snake had for dinner
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2008 at 1:33pm

Is that another snake that the second snake is eating? What a great photo . Some people have to travel across seas to see wild life like that, you have it in you own back garden, you are lucky.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #2 - May 27th, 2008 at 4:52pm

Yup, the king snake is eating what is left of the pine snake that Jimbo took care of.  If you'd like, I'd be glad to send you all the snakes that are around here, HOWEVER, you'd have to take the venomous ones along with the non-venomous ones  Grin.

Carolyn

IP Logged

alchemy
CH.com Alumnus

get out of my head

x1|Phoenix|USA|usa|122|228|AZ,Arizona
Reply #3 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:04pm

we're seeing more snakes than we'd care this year. mostly rattlers

IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #4 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:11pm

deltadarlin wrote on May 27th, 2008 at 4:52pm:
Yup, the king snake is eating what is left of the pine snake that Jimbo took care of.  If you'd like, I'd be glad to send you all the snakes that are around here, HOWEVER, you'd have to take the venomous ones along with the non-venomous ones  Grin.

Carolyn

They seem to like it where they are, maybe we should just leave them alone, I am sure its far to wet and cold here for them,  lol

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 27th, 2008 at 5:22pm

I really do not like snakes and it took me all my time to open this thread - if it was anyone but you Carolyn I couldn't have done it!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #6 - May 28th, 2008 at 1:10am

Lookit all them snakes! Neat pictures.

I don't even find garter snakes around here. When I was young, every kid carried around a garter snake in his pocket and a toad that always peed on us. I don't see a lot of toads either.

Charlie
« Last Edit: May 28th, 2008 at 10:10pm by Charlie »  

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #7 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:01am

Quote:
I really do not like snakes and it took me all my time to open this thread - if it was anyone but you Carolyn I couldn't have done it!

That's one of the reasons, I was very clear about what was in this post.  I didn't want people to open it and see a snake eating another snake and getting freaked out about it.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #8 - May 28th, 2008 at 9:49am

I dislike snakes... I hope that once our summer cottage season begins next month, that snakes have not taken over our place! Traditionally, snakes have stayed far away from the place, but during the last few hot summers we've seen few of them around.

Sanna

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #9 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:15am

Pictures of snakes are fine...............  I don't want one sneaking up on me while I am weeding my garden though.  YUCK!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #10 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:32am

I wouldn't make it as an animal.  I need to cook my food before I start munching on it.
Taking a bite out of something that has been dead for 3 seconds is kind of nasty.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #11 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:36am

I bet snakes don't get CH though!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #12 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:40am

BMoneeTheMoneeMan wrote on May 28th, 2008 at 10:32am:
I wouldn't make it as an animal.  I need to cook my food before I start munching on it.
Taking a bite out of something that has been dead for 3 seconds is kind of nasty.

No Quillicenes or Kumamotos for you then, eh?

More for me....bwa ha ha.

Wink

I think I have to draw the line at snake, though.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Reply #13 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:41am

Well, except oysters. 
I like oysters

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #14 - May 28th, 2008 at 10:48am

Best cooked underground on hot embers, George. Only takes a couple of hours.  Alternatively you can make a scaffold of green stems and cook it over a flame fire.  Either way it's better than McDonalds, but only just.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Reply #15 - May 28th, 2008 at 4:51pm

What a cool pic!  Snakes are amazing creature's aren't they?  All the different types and sizes and great hunters, amazing...no other animal species quite like them IMHO.... Wink

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” By Maya Angelou

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 28th, 2008 at 5:03pm

We have snakes all over here at my place.  They don't bother me and I don't bother them..............except the mean ones in the lake......I go after them with a shovel or an oar.

Funny, my daughters are not afraid of snakes at all and get great joy out of picking them up and chasing their boyfriends with the snake in their hand.   Grin

Nice pics

Beth

IP Logged

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Reply #17 - May 28th, 2008 at 5:22pm

Quote:
Funny, my daughters are not afraid of snakes at all and get great joy out of picking them up and chasing their boyfriends with the snake in their hand.   Grin

Nice pics

Beth

Those are my kind of Girls, Love it!!  Grin

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” By Maya Angelou

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!