Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Guilty. (Read 1099 times)
George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Guilty.
May 28th, 2008 at 5:19pm

Remember when I ordered an Apple MacBook from the Apple Store online in November and received an empty box?  Apple replaced it, but I thought you might like to hear what the upshot was.

A couple of months later, I got an email from Apple, asking me to contact a detective with the local police department.  Seems I wasn't the only one hereabouts that it had happened to, and they'd identified a suspect--a local delivery driver with one of the big parcel services.

After being subpoenaed as a witness in the preliminary hearing three times (it was set back the first two times) I finally went in this afternoon.  There was about an hour of testimony.  (Not much I could say, except, "I got an empty box". )  After a brief recess, the defendant and his attorney accepted a plea agreement, and he's now scheduled for arraignment on the fifth of June.

Sounds like he'll get 7 years, but he'll most likely serve 120 days in jail and probation.  Apparently, he has no prior record.

The prosecutor told us that the thefts they were able to trace to him totaled around $16,000.

That's that, I guess. 

Best wishes,

George   

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Re: Guilty.
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2008 at 5:53pm

Jesus Jawgee
Warm Lake on Monday, CSI Boise on Wednesday.

You sure do live the life!!!

Seems kinda weird that he may only get 4 months on a 7 year sentence, though.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Re: Guilty.
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2008 at 5:58pm

Good.....I despise a thief.... Angry

Jacks Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!