Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Is depression common? (Read 10387 times)
Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Re: Is depression common?
Reply #25 - Jul 28th, 2008 at 7:58am

Dear Boxseller,
First, I want to say that your boyfriend is very lucky in having such a supporter on his side.

Any major illness, especially something like CH which is incurable, horribly painful and causes major disruptions in one's daily life can lead to depression.

If I may suggest, even though the CH and depression appear to be related, I would recommend that they be treated as two illnesses.  A visit to a psychiatrist can help with the depression by having the doctor prescribe  anti-depressant medication if necessary.  A visit to a good neurologist can help with the CH and it would be best, in my opinion, to allow the doctors to speak with each other so that they are both aware of how he is doing and can make adjustments in his treatments that compliment each other.

Your love and support are most important and they will help him so that he doesn't feel alone and misunderstood.

Best wishes to you and your friend.

Sandra

IP Logged

boxseller
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Endicott|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #26 - Jul 29th, 2008 at 9:24pm

Thank you, he's doing much better now - he and his doctor have got the medications down to a science and if this CH is like the ones he's had in the past they should be ending in the next week or two (keeping our fingers crossed). 

The people here on this forum have been truly wonderful  especially Jackie and I can't express my appreciation enough.

Again thank you all!!!!!

IP Logged

Chris Matthews
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 6:14am

Great news. As an episodic sufferer for nearly 20 years you do learn to manage them. I've found a mixture of Verapamil and O2 helps enourmously, and after 6 weeks it's back to normal, medication free, for another 14 months or so. I also do a lot of exercise during a cluster period as it increases oxygen in the blood, which helps enourmously as well.

Best of luck.
Chris

IP Logged

BrianJ
CH.com Veteran

Take It Easy

|Liverpool|England|
Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:12pm

I dont get depressed i get down i find that cluster heads keep from getting depressed by turning a little bit crazy and haveing a great big fun side the main thing is after the cycle is over get back to being a fun loving person and always smile make the PF time special and thats when its our time to make our supporters lives better you guys are the best and i thank you all for the great job you do for your CHers

PF Wishes to all

Brian

PF Wishes to all.&&We all live with this crap But it is not who we are dont let it control you!!!.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!