Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CH Photographer's Club Redux (Read 6567 times)
Argonaut
CH.com Junior

The guitar fiend.

Perth, Australia
CH Photographer's Club Redux
May 30th, 2008 at 8:02am

Here it is again Smiley

Just going to repost my latest photos:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Hic sunt dracones.&&&&"A poet is not an apostle; he drives out devils only by the power of the devil."
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Re: CH Photographer's Club Redux
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2008 at 9:22am

Nice photos.   Smiley

I'm glad to see this thread resurrected--and I suspect that many of us who are tone-deaf, aesthetically, as far as photography goes are happy to see it as well. 

It's been a pleasure seeing all this talent displayed.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2008 at 11:52am

From a quick side trip up the Columbia Gorge.

Multnomah Falls is a place that is far more difficult to shoot than it appears:

IP Logged

TomM
CH.com Hall of Famer

Montgomery Village, MD, USA
Reply #3 - May 30th, 2008 at 1:46pm

I remain a fan of B&W.
TomM

"Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll go fishing." --Thoreau--
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id  
IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

What, it's all in my head?

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #4 - May 30th, 2008 at 3:26pm

Marc wrote on May 30th, 2008 at 11:52am:
From a quick side trip up the Columbia Gorge.

morrobayphotos.com/ch/mult.jpg

Once again Marc, Wow!

-P.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

eddie
CH.com Hall of Famer

PFDAN TO ALL

Prattville,Alabama
Reply #5 - May 30th, 2008 at 6:27pm

cool pics

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=10000018750  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2008 at 8:35pm

Nice one Tom - excellent tonal range!

My heart is actually in B&W, so that's what I most often do when I'm shooting just for "me".  I cut my teeth on Plus & Pan-X.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 30th, 2008 at 8:38pm

Paul98 wrote on May 30th, 2008 at 3:26pm:
[quote author=416D7E6F0C0 link=1212148952/0#2 date=1212162727]From a quick side trip up the Columbia Gorge.

Once again Marc, Wow!

-P.

I thank you for the kind word Paul, But viewing it on the screen really doesn't have the impact of a large print.

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #8 - May 30th, 2008 at 10:59pm

Marc, SERIOUSLY. I'm willing to pay for some of your pictures. I've dropped a few hundred on prints that I don't think are as good as yours. You really could make a good living at this.

Here's a few I have...

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_0808.JPG (Attachment deleted)

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #9 - May 30th, 2008 at 11:03pm

I'm I guess I can only attach one. Most of mine are to big...

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #10 - May 30th, 2008 at 11:57pm

Kris,

You are far too kind, but I thank you for the supportive comments.

I will be bringing a stack of matted prints of different sizes to Dallas to donate for the OUCH auction.

While I've been inactive for the last few years, I joined almost 10 years ago and it's time to give back.

Marc
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2008 at 11:57pm by Marc »  

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #11 - May 31st, 2008 at 12:23am

Being "kind" would mean saying they are great when they are just okay. I'm being honest. Excellent idea to bring them to Dallas!!

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #12 - May 31st, 2008 at 1:22am

1st mile of i70 rolling east. i think when my son gets a little older, i'll invest in a better camera.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register IMG_2529_the_beging_of_i70_in_utah.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #13 - May 31st, 2008 at 9:29am

There are some really good photographers on here!  Again, I'll throw this out there.  Why don't we put together a book and put it up for auction next year?  BLURB is a really good site and they will walk you through the process of making a book (their prices aren't bad either).  I might even get help from some of the members of the Canon forum (since they are in the process of putting together a second book of photographs from our forum).

I haven't taken any *new* pictures lately.  Quit carrying my camera with me, because it gets so damned hot here and I've been told that isn't good for my camera.  Hopefully, I'll make a walking trip today and discover some new and wonderful pictures that just have to be taken.

A black and white conversion

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #14 - May 31st, 2008 at 11:03am

Because I sold my beach house and I am moving to Texas, I'll be out shooting like a mad man for the next couple weeks.

This is a shot of the moon setting as the sun was rising (not from today)

And a Marbled Godwit in the early morning light

« Last Edit: May 31st, 2008 at 11:55am by Marc »  

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #15 - May 31st, 2008 at 12:17pm

Quote:

Marc, I've been there twice now and I know what you mean.  In order to get the full effect of those falls you have to stand too far back.  Get closer and you miss the full inpact.  Certainly one of the natural wonders in the West.

You did a marvelous job of capturing it.

Luinda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #16 - May 31st, 2008 at 12:17pm

And something different - from a small family cemetary in a stunning setting:

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #17 - May 31st, 2008 at 1:28pm

OMG, Marc, I've been following your photography for a few years, as you know, but I've NEVER seen anything like those cemetary shots! That term is NOT what they are.........otherworld comes to mind, somehow, for me, ethereal-although that seems strange..........but,
well, they speak to me, somehow, and, more to the point, they are like NOTHING I've seen of your work! (that's all good stuff).......They leave me speechless(and we all know THAT doesn't happen often).And, those falls! Why I have one of those in my backyard!(the falls, that is).and a beautiful photo blown up on my den wall, but yours has something extra........
Now that you're head is swollen, you'd best get out there and take LOTS of MB pics.........you're running out of daylight!
Congratulations,
Whsat's to shoot in Bastrop?
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #18 - May 31st, 2008 at 7:42pm

Thank you Cathi, but it's all pure luck.

As I told Mel in the last thread - I just close my eyes, hold up the camera and click. (To be even more creative, I turn in a circle while clicking, but I get dizzy and fall down  Wink)

Sounds like you and Gil are soon to be BEACH BUMS! Congrats!

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #19 - May 31st, 2008 at 8:16pm

From a "Tall Ship" series I did last year for the California Mid State fair.

This is one of only three images that I chose to hang in my own home. I just gave the 30" framed print to a dear friend today. The house is almost empty!!

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #20 - May 31st, 2008 at 9:21pm

Stunning stuff Marc & Company.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #21 - May 31st, 2008 at 9:26pm

Thank you Sir Charles.

I'm going to go quiet until some other folks join in and post some images. I've been hogging this thread.......

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #22 - May 31st, 2008 at 9:30pm

Hog away Marc.  Your pictures are breathtaking.  Thank you so much for sharing.

Carol

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #23 - May 31st, 2008 at 11:13pm

wow marc you have a very good eye! Cool
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2008 at 11:15pm by -johnny- »  

IP Logged

Marc
Ex Member

Reply #24 - May 31st, 2008 at 11:26pm

Thanks for the comment, but I'm impressed with the emotive images being presented by other folks here!  I've always felt that Clusterheads were innately creative in one form or another.

Over the past many years I’ve seen great paintings, drawings, music, poetry and prose from folks on this site.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!