Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The garden is finally in (Read 2274 times)
jimmers
Ex Member

The garden is finally in
May 31st, 2008 at 8:34pm

Tomatoes, sweet corn, peppers, green beans, cucumbers and a pumpkin for holloween!

With the price of food going up all of the time, I think Barb and I will start canning again like we used to. Takes a little time but it does save some money. And besides the spaghetti sauce Barb makes with the canned tomatoes is incredible! Yum Yum

Now I think I deserve a beer after all that work Cheesy

Jimmers

IP Logged

BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus

In remembrance of KingCazman.
RIP

Portland, OR
Re: The garden is finally in
Reply #1 - May 31st, 2008 at 8:46pm

Lucky you!!!
I have thought about putting in a garden, but I have moles in my yard and I am sure they would team up with the other critters and destroy it.

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you.  Fool - can't get fooled again"&&&&&&Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.&&&&

IP Logged

Mosaicwench
CH.com Sponsor

www.mosaicwench.com

Near Milwaukee WI, USA
Reply #2 - May 31st, 2008 at 11:05pm

You're late jimmers! 

My peas, cukes, radishes, lettuce, spinach and green beans are up already!   I swear I could hear them jumping out of the ground yesterday!  I can every year and make my own spaghetti sauce as well. 

We really do need to plan a date to get together so Barb and I can diss you and Brew! Wink

“Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work.”
~Flaubert
WWW http://www.facebook.com/home.php?id=1240423960&ref Mosaicwench  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 3:57am

I can't wait to live in a place with a garden again!  Smiley
Timo and I did think about growing something at our balcony in  here, but then we saw the dust the road next to our house produces and decided not to... Sad
But one day...  Smiley

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:39am

My tomatoes are just now trying to turn red -- Peppers are growing and watermelons are going everywhere. UM UM GOood.....

I'm with you on the canning. If 'n the birds don't get to them, I'm fixin' to start canning soon.  Just taste different than the store bought stuff...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:42am

I'm so looking forward to gardening and canning with Paul, I love making stuff and freezing it now and I have a lot to learn about canning so it's good to see I have friends here who can help and advise.
Smiley

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:48am

We're adding in a few more veggies than usual this year due to prices.  We don't have the plants in yet, haven't had time, but I'll be buying them tomorrow.

So far the corn and potatoes are up... Smiley

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

jimmers
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 9:45am

I'm with you on that Mel. Haven't had a lot of time to plant, besides I think we got scared because of the crappy weather.

Pat, we will get together this summer. I'm sure we can figure something out. Maybe one of the festivals!

Jimmers

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 1:14pm

Where did you plant the ganja?  Wink

IP Logged

Langa
CH.com Alumnus

So many donuts, such little
time...

x0||USA|usa|0|0|NJ,New_Jersey
Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 11:43pm

Wow...yeah, sounds like a beer is due.  Wish I had the energy to garden.

Langa

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!