Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
prayers for a special loss (Read 3782 times)
cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
prayers for a special loss
Jun 1st, 2008 at 10:36am

Lisa has a friend that she met on an asthma support group. She was born premature and totally blind. She continues to overcome these obstacles and last year graduated prelaw from U of Maryland. She was also asked to be one of the speakers at graduation. Needless to say, she is a special young lady and a real role modle for people with disabilities.

Last week her very best friend, her golden retreiver guide dog Stoney died from Cancer. We all know the pain of losing our pets but I just can't imagine what it's like to lose an animal with such an important function in life. She has a new 2 yr old dog and is adapting although it hasn't been easy. Please keep Olivia in your prayers as she copes with this loss and this new turn in her life.

Charlotte

cash5542  
IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Re: prayers for a special loss
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 11:46am

So sorry for your friend Olivia's loss of her best friend and guide dog, I hope the new dog helps fill the void and becomes her best friend also. Cry

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 12:19pm

Charlotte,

Olivia (and Lisa and you, too) will be in our prayers. There has to be some greater connection between a person and their guide dog, making it especially tough.

Bill

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 12:40pm

What those guys said!  Sad

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #4 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 2:25pm

Charlotte,

consider it done. Prayers are on their way from Finland!

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #5 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 6:30pm

Prayers for peace and comfort for her from IL.  That has to be almost as bad as losing a family member.

Jerry

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #6 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 7:25pm

I will pray for Olivia and also for her new dog.  I feel for the dog replacing the beloved missing dog.  Some shoes are hard to fill.  I know Olivia will love her new dog more and more as time goes on.

Charlotte

IP Logged

Paul98
CH.com Alumnus

What, it's all in my head?

Clyde, NY  USA
Reply #7 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:04pm

Sorry for your friends loss.  Animals become a member of the family and when one depends on them for more than companionship it make the loss so very much harder.

-P.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register[img name=signat_img_resize]http://thumb15.web
Paul98 pjl98  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #8 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 8:39pm

Sorry to hear of this, Charlotte.  Please tell Lisa that we send along our condolences to her friend for her loss--and our hopes that the new dog will be as fine a companion as her first one.

All the best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #9 - Jun 1st, 2008 at 9:32pm

Good vibes on their way from San Diego. My husband has been losing his vision due to Macular Degeneration. We don’t have the guide dog yet... but I understand that must be a very special bond.

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #10 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 12:28am

Charlotte: Some good vibes and thoughts from western New York as well.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #11 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 9:32am

Oh, how sad.  Cry

Prayers going out for Olivia and her dogs.

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:25am

That is sad...

Prayers and good vibes are on the way.

with warm regards,
Tony

IP Logged

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Downsville LA
Reply #13 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:27am

Seconds what everyone else has said.  It's tought just losing a pet, I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your other half.

Carolyn

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #14 - Jun 2nd, 2008 at 11:29am

Love and prayers,

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

JuniorBrew
CH.com Junior

Who are you people?!

Near Milwaukee, WI, USA
Reply #15 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 1:42pm

All the vibes I can muster are headed your way!

"But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and provide new Guards for their future security."
JuniorBrew roy_sktr TheLowEnd1206  
IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #16 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 5:53pm

Charlotte,  I'm so sorry for Olivia's loss of her dog.  I'm sure it wll be a difficult transition for her. Sending peace and comfort vibes.

Hugs,
Jen

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

cash5542
CH.com Hall of Famer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x1|Ocean Pines|USA|usa|498|141|MD,Maryland
Reply #17 - Jun 4th, 2008 at 7:07am

I really appreciate all of the prayers and vibes. Olivia has overcome so much, she will get through this too. I look at guide dogs in a very different way now, knowing just how special they are and how hard the training is to get them to be the way they are. Kris, if you want any information I am sure Olivia could help you. I am so sorry to hear about your husband's condition. She is such an advocate and involved in a support group for blind people. Thanks again!!!

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Jun 4th, 2008 at 7:08am by cash5542 »  
cash5542  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!