Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: before our headaces started ? (Read 3162 times)
Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: before our headaces started ?
Jun 3rd, 2008 at 2:33am

Most of us go through the "trying to find a common thread" routine. If you're ever fortunate enough to go to one of our get togethers, meet and greets, conventions etc., you'll realize we are as different from each other as we could possibly be! From outward appearances, race, sex, life styles, some had head injuries prior to CH, most didn't, some have family history of headaches, most don't. The point is, don't spend too much energy on it, it'll drive you crazy!  Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 2:33am

Nothing definitive that I can pin it to.  I started when I was just a kid.  Puberty?  I dunno.

I think I was just born with a defective hypothalamathingy.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

johnp
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 2:42am

i see , its seems somethimes like there has to be something in common but again , i can see maybe not ,

you know but at first when mine started ,i'll have to say after the pain went away , i was kind of maybe you good say inpressed , that it wiped me out for that 20 mins at first then i could feel like nomal tell the next one , even now at there worst when i get a day break , i still feel bounced back

IP Logged

johnp
CH.com Junior

I Love CH.com!

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 2:56am

only people i've meet with these was at the dimonds headace clinic, there were like once a year and they came in for histomine , they said that took theres away

now around here i did work withsomeone that had them i didn't know it , but when i changed jobs the one guy told me about him , he said he went to the mayo clinic they did the surgery on him and it fixed them but he lost his site and hearing on one side , latter i heard they came back after 5 years on his other side , still to this day i havent had a chance to talk to him about it .

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 3:50am

Yeah they haven't really perfected the surgical route yet. I know at least one person on the board who tried the surgery, ended up with partial paralysis of the face, and then to add insult to inury the CH's came back!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #5 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 7:31am

johnp wrote on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 2:42am:
i see , its seems somethimes like there has to be something in common but again , i can see maybe not ,

Since this board went up we've been trying to find a common thread and have yet to find it.

At the convention in Vegas back in 2000 we had a man who spent the whole convention trying to find something and went home with absolutely nothing --

Beer is about as close as we've come and that's not 100%.  Me - I'm still holding out for the barometer. Wink

Finding something in common is about as good as finding what works for everyone... Wink

The one thing we do agree on is the pain ... it's about the same with all of us...

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

habanero
CH.com Newbie

Is it like migraine?

x0|Vantaa|Finland||0|0|
Reply #6 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 8:22am

i got shot with a pellet gun when i was 11.
hit me right below my left eye (same eye where the pain is now)
spent over a month in hospital with hard surgery.
my eyesight is ok for circumstances.
don't think there is a connection.

i drink, i smoke (w), was born working class, stress, went to rock concerts, coffee, used hair gel in the 80's, scorpio, sometimes in the past i got headaches after sex (no CH).

m

IP Logged

Sophia
CH.com Veteran

I Love CH.com!

Reply #7 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 6:59am

I have had migraines since I was about 15 and they were hormone related. Then I had a sinus surgury and got chronic persistent daily headache and the doc says I am nuts but I dont care and I fired him. Then after repeated exhusbands who kept mistaking me for a punching bag I got psuedotumor cerebri. Now I am withdrawing from all abortive type pain meds and have about 25 days to go and 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed over the phone with CH. I dont drink to excess and have only a glass or two of white wine a week if that. I used to smoke and quit when I could no longer afford not to breathe. Giggle. I have been smoke free for about 4 years and only was a social smoker (about 5 ciggys a day) when I did. I am overweight and used to lift weights for fun. I want to get back into that but first I need to get in the habit of taking a walk for about a half hour every morning. My BMI is about 30. I know shame on me. But I am working towards the pain relieving endorphins of exercise. One step at a time. I am suspecting stress and my body being used too hard during my 39 years on this earth. My heart and body chemistry are all normal according to my doc so I cant find a common thread here either. Guess the demon just took a fancy to each of us. Wish he would go blind, deaf and dumb.
Aint no sissys here.
Sophia

IP Logged

BrettK
CH.com Junior

It could be worse...

Anchorage, Alaska
Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:15pm

Guiseppi, the engineer and problem solver in me won't allow me to not look for common threads.  Maybe it's the hope it gives me.  I think it also helps to feel proactive.  Somebody said something like, "someone might just trip over and find the cure".  I think that will happen.

There already are common threads: Verapamil, triptans, O2, to name a few.  Other things like smoking and alcohol may vary by individual but have a common secondary effect like higher blood pressure or something else.

As of my last physical, my BP is higher, and my cholesterol is not perfect.  At the same time, lately my CHs are worse.  Coincidence?  I don't know.  I also have a family history of type II diabetes which I think I'm headed for.

So I'm making changes in those problems and am going to see if it affects the CHs.

I guess what I'm saying is that we might as well try to find common threads and figure it out.  It beats conceding defeat.

Many many PF days to you,

Brett

IP Logged

icedragon
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:23pm

Has anyone noticed that the board says this tread was started by JohnP, and Guiseppi has the first post?  Am I missing something?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!