Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Tuliv Migraine Defense & Topamax Side Effects (Read 6000 times)
Judy_K
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Kirkman|USA||0|0|IA,Iowa
Tuliv Migraine Defense & Topamax Side Effects
Jun 3rd, 2008 at 7:17pm

Hi, Everyone!  After 3 years (and, of course, we thought he'd never get them again) my husband started a cycle about two months ago! His PA started him on Topamax and when the headaches didn't improve referred him on to a neurologist who then has worked him up to 100 mg. a day.  He also uses Ergotamine which the neurologist is having him take not just at the onset of a ch but has him spreading them out through the day.  He also uses O2 which is like a lifesaver.  The ch's are getting less painful and less frequent with the Topamax but his problem is the nasty side effects - the dopey feeling it gives, the memory loss (we pray that's not permanent), tiredness, and sore muscles.  When doing a search on the internet, I ran across an all natural product that claims to prevent migraines.  I emailed them asking if by migraine that also included cluster headaches since they aren't considered a migraine.  I got a reply that, yes, it did include prevention of cluster headaches.  I am very suspicious since no word has come out that there is a miracle cure for these horrible headaches!  Has anyone out there tried the Tuliv Migraine Defense?  The web site is Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register; I am suspicious of this making such BIG claims but at the same time very worried about the side effects my husband is going through!  I continue praying for the cure for my husband and ALL OF YOU!  Would appreciate any feedback!  THANKS!

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Re: Tuliv Migraine Defense & Topamax Side Effects
Reply #1 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 7:59pm

It doesn't sound familiar to me.  CH is not migraine and I would not waste my sanity and money on some half baked concoction.  I took topamax up to 600mg a day and definetly know the doppy feeling you get from it.  The memory thing doesn't go away as long as you are on it.  If that is a side effect you can't live with ask to try verapamil or lithium.  Those meds are a lot easier to take and have a much higher sucess rate with ch.

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 10:05pm

You can try Neurotonin as well. I couldn't stand more than 25mg of Topamax, lol (even that was giving a side effects). I didn't get relief from Neurotonin yet (2 weeks) but I hope I will with bigger dose.

IP Logged

CostaRicaKris
CH.com Old Timer

Currently training for
AFC half Marathon

San Diego, California
Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 10:36pm

Karla wrote on Jun 3rd, 2008 at 7:59pm:
 The memory thing doesn't go away as long as you are on it.  

I thought my memory got better with time. But, maybe I just forgot that I wasn't remembering.  Grin

~Kris

Visit my website: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register   to learn more about Girls on the Run, a non-profit prevention program that encourages preteen girls to develop self-respect and healthy lifestyles through running.&&&&Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Vida
WWW kris.morris17 CostaRicaKris  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Jun 3rd, 2008 at 10:47pm

In the old days, patent-medicine hucksters traveled from town to town in wagons, putting on "medicine shows".  Nowadays, all they need is a website.

Just me, of course, but I wouldn't waste my time and money on it.   

Best wishes,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!