Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
"SCHAAN" O2 Worked for me ! (Read 1656 times)
flea
CH.com Newbie

My Headache Blows your
Migraine Away !

KCMO
"SCHAAN" O2 Worked for me !
Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:06am

oh  i plan too.  ive got it down now after experimenting with different delivery techniques ive read about.  hypervenilating with the 15+ LPM  is the trick for me.  only takes 3 or 4 minutes usually.  i havent had worse than a 6 since i started O2..........  seem to have alot more shadows  but i think thats cause i can now wait to treat untill im sure its gonna come full blown.

i promise ill get back with all the details soon.  been swamped ( a damn good thing )

still taking ergotomine if i catch it too late in the hit....

but have removed  verapamill/aspirin/tylenol/ibruprophen.nayprosen .....

one warning.  if you leave you regulator at your friends house and have to use the bottle by itself... WATCH OUT ( you might be farting pure O2 simultaneously  )  that stuff cones out fast without a regulator.........

lol
Cheesy
« Last Edit: Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:09am by flea »  

CH has removed 40% of my life.... How bout yours?
flea schaanman schaan 9923395  
IP Logged

Gator
Ex Member

Re: "SCHAAN" O2 Worked for me !
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 2:37pm

flea wrote on Jun 5th, 2008 at 8:06am:
oh  i plan too.  ive got it down now after experimenting with different delivery techniques ive read about.  hypervenilating with the 15+ LPM  is the trick for me.  only takes 3 or 4 minutes usually.  i havent had worse than a 6 since i started O2..........  seem to have alot more shadows  but i think thats cause i can now wait to treat untill im sure its gonna come full blown.

i promise ill get back with all the details soon.  been swamped ( a damn good thing )

still taking ergotomine if i catch it too late in the hit....

but have removed  verapamill/aspirin/tylenol/ibruprophen.nayprosen .....

one warning.  if you leave you regulator at your friends house and have to use the bottle by itself... WATCH OUT ( you might be farting pure O2 simultaneously  )  that stuff cones out fast without a regulator.........

lol
Cheesy

Curious why you would abandon a
preventative
(verapamil), which may keep attacks from coming in the first place, to use oxygen, which is an
abortive
?  Abortives only kill the attack at hand.  They do not keep future attacks from occurring.

You need both a preventative AND an abortive.  If the verapamil wasn't working, then the dosage may be too low.  Talk to your doc about either increasing it, adding another med, like lithium, to the mix or trying a different prevent.

It's great to be able to abort the attacks.  Oxygen is my first line abortive.  But it's even better to have a preventative that would keep you from having to abort.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Re: "SCHAAN" O2 Worked for me !
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 1:03pm

Quote:
i havent had worse than a 6 since i started O2..........  seem to have alot more shadows  but i think thats cause i can now wait to treat untill im sure its gonna come full blown.

I'd like to add something here and I could be reading this entirely wrong, but...Are you saying that you are waiting to get on the 02 until it's a full-blown attack?  If you are saying that...you shouldn't be waiting. Get on that 02 at the first sign of an attack coming on. 

If I am misconstruing what you're saying, I apologize.

Linda

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!