Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Leg pain can't figure out. (Read 2744 times)
HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Leg pain can't figure out.
Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:35am

I got a new problem. I am having wired leg pain on the back in my calf on both legs. Now they don't hurt if I sit, or lay down. When I get up they hurt like mad. I have to take baby steps. If I keep walking or standing it stops it takes about five minutes to work it out. Then I walk just fine. If I lay or sit even for just a couple of minutes, it happens again. At first I thought because I was working on building a sun room with my brother that I had just over worked them by standing all day. It doesn't make since to me. Usually when I over work a muscle it hurts all the time. Anyone got any ideas what it could be or what I could do to relieve the pain?

Fear less, hope more;&&Whine less, breathe more;&&Talk less, say more;&&Hate less, love more;&&And all good things are yours.&&&&Member of ch.com and OUCH since 1999

IP Logged

Redd
CH.com Sponsor

Stevens Point USA Wisconsin
Re: Leg pain can't figure out.
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:51am

I've heard of something called DEEP VEIN THROMBOSIS (sp).  Maybe google it and see if that sounds like something. 

"The goal of life living in agreement with Nature."  ~Zeno
peggflick ma_2_2  
IP Logged

HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 11:02am

Lets hope its not that. Only the calfs hurt so maybe it just over worked.
I do have a doctors appointment Monday for other things that are bugging me, I will have him check it out then.

Fear less, hope more;&&Whine less, breathe more;&&Talk less, say more;&&Hate less, love more;&&And all good things are yours.&&&&Member of ch.com and OUCH since 1999

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #3 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 11:05am

E!   Maybe it is PAIN.....the kind tht comes from standind for hours on end..for days on end..........when you rest it( in a laying or sitting position), it doesn't hurt...when you go back to standing, you aggravate it...........have you tried some Advil? have you tried............

TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Resting for awhile??

Honey, we are not spring chickens any more............

Only other thought would be low potasium, which can lead to leg cramps.....

building a sunroom.............sheesh.whattarewegonnadowithyou, E?

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Reply #4 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 11:15am

I do take potassium because of the adrenal mass I have . Maybe I might try to up it. I screwed up big time last week and took ibuprofen, was in the ER. You don't take that when you have adrenal problems. The bad thing is they didn't tell me what I could take for old age  pains. I plan to ask Monday. Thanks Cathi I didn't think about uping the potassium.

IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus

"Too much of a good thing
can be wonderful!!

Houston, TX
Reply #5 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 11:53am

sounds to me like leg cramps...how about adding some delicious bananas to the diet? hope you get to feel better soon  Smiley

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterFunny Love!!!!!!!!!
Rosybabe ttps://www.facebook.com/rossybabe?ref=tn_tnmn smurph  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 2:22pm

Banana's are full of potassium as are Baked potatoes - even more so than banana's in fact! I was going to suggest potassium as Cathi did, that pain is excruciating, i've fallen to the floor with the cramps sometimes. Lack of calcium causes severe cramp too so some bloods might be in order 'Lainey! Let us know how you do okay?

lots of love
Helen xxx

IP Logged

DonnaH_again
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 2:44pm

If you don't think the work and standing is causing the pain, look up "claudication" and see if the symptoms fit.  Deep vein thrombosis usually has a hot spot and often looks red, like a bruise.

I wouldn't fool with extra potassium without checking with your doc first since you have that mass.

I'm waiting for a post Monday saying that it was just tired muscles  Smiley

IP Logged

HappyElaine
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Flovilla,GA
Reply #8 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 3:26pm

Donna I am not worried about my legs, was just looking to see if anyone had some ideas I could do to easy the pain. I just up my potassium one pill it won't hurt. I also applied ice this has helped some.
Our insurance changed, so I changed doctors, I am just going in to meet him and give him my records. See if he can help me keep a eye on the adrenal gland, I have had the mass for 26 years I know of. It was first found when I had my son. Because of menopause and the changing of my body, that gland is acting up. I expect them to give me meds to help with it, not a big deal. I was told some time back that I more than likely would have to take some meds to help even out things. Don't worry about me. You have to much on your plate as it is. I am keeping you and your daughter in my prayers.

IP Logged

DonnaH_again
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:32pm

Thanks, my lady friend!!  Just focus the prayers on next Friday.  They are more appreciated than a lot of people know.

I know that your leg pain will have a simple answer........I just worry because I am a worry wort and I care about you. Grin

So, I never can be called a drama queen.....just a wort!.  Undecided  Donna the Wort!  Sounds kind of special.

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #10 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 10:41pm

Quote:
Banana's are full of potassium as are Baked potatoes - even more so than banana's in fact! I was going to suggest potassium as Cathi did, that pain is excruciating, i've fallen to the floor with the cramps sometimes. Lack of calcium causes severe cramp too so some bloods might be in order 'Lainey! Let us know how you do okay?

lots of love
Helen xxx

Helen could be on the money here; I went through a period of muscle & joint pain only to find out that the magnesium I am taking is a calcium blocker, I switched to a magnesium/calcium combo & the pain went within a week.

Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #11 - Jun 6th, 2008 at 12:20am

Time is all I can suggest. I went through about 5 days of pretty uncomfortable knee pain. I have no idea why other than that I'm 61. I woke up one day and it was gone. Sounds like cramps to me. You'll do okay kid.

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

sailpappy
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 5:16am

Cheesy GrinElaine,
      I get the pain in the back of my calf's the day after I weed the flower beds and the garden,  its the bending over for extended periods of time.
      I take a daily regement of vitimans , including Potassium and vitiman E.  My pain usually only last for a day or two then it passes, but eating Banana's would not give you enough Potassium to really help the problem, You would have to eat 100 a day to get the same amount of potassium you get in a tablet, (I take 2ea 99mg tablets and also Glucoseamine) actually I think the highest natural occuring source of Potassium is in Water Chestnuts!
       I have been trying to heal this broken ankle for almost 6 months and I know that the minerals help the daily pain!
        Roll EyesOther than that I can say for certain that aspects of aging "SUCK" Undecided
                                                     John

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2008 at 11:20am

Yes, John, and there is such a thing as potassium poisoning........too much is NOT a good thing, which is why, if you can get it into your diet in it's natural form, you will be far better off!

That said, I know you've had medical problems, but 6 months for an ankle to heal? Wowsers, my friend......LOL>>I know we're on the provrbial slippery slope, age-wise.....but does that mean the bones WON'T knit?

Old age is NOT for the faint of heart, is it?

Sheesh, cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!