Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Your private health details may already be online (Read 1012 times)
MvT
CH.com Veteran

Computer Technician

x0|St. Catharines|Canada||0|0|ON,Ontario
Your private health details may already be online
Jun 5th, 2008 at 5:36pm

Quote:
ATLANTA, Georgia -- Imagine my surprise when, in the course of doing research for this story, I stumbled upon my own personal health information online.

In a world of busy physicians and increasing medical errors, having your health records online could be helpful.

There it was in black, white, and hypertext blue. My annual mammograms; the visits to the podiatrist for the splinter in my foot; the kind of birth control I use -- it was all on my health insurance company's Web site. And that's not all: The prescriptions drugs I use were listed on the Web site where I get my prescription drug insurance.

I had no idea this was all on the World Wide Web. Welcome to the 21st century, says Dr. Steven Schwaitzberg, associate professor of surgery at Harvard Medical School and a medical informatics expert.

"There's more information out there about people than could ever possibly be realized," he says.

its a good read:
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

and this new board looks great Smiley
offtopic I am getting an award this month for my volunteer work

IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Re: Your private health details may already be online
Reply #1 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 6:18pm

Congrats on the award!! What volunteer work are you doing?

Helen

IP Logged

MvT
CH.com Veteran

Computer Technician

x0|St. Catharines|Canada||0|0|ON,Ontario
Re: Your private health details may already be online
Reply #2 - Jun 5th, 2008 at 6:47pm

Quote:
Congrats on the award!! What volunteer work are you doing?

Helen

helping to teach computer repair and a few years ago received a certificate for volunteering at computers for shcools ontario

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!