Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ray is hospitalized (Read 10252 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Re: Ray is hospitalized
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:12am

Thank you for the update. Smiley

Lots of prayers are on their way. I hope that there will be a bed available for Ray as soon as possible.

Lots of hugs to you all,
Sanna
« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:15am by sandie99 »  

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jackie
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Go For It!!!

Goshen, IN
Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:47am

Well wishes to you, Ray.  Hope you're all better soon!!!!  We'll be right here waiting for you   Smiley

Much Love,
Jackie

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #27 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 8:12am

Ray you got mine bud.

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

catlind
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Surf's Up!

Weaverville NC
Reply #28 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 8:38am

Sending best wishes your way Ray, try to sit back and just take the time you need to get yourself sorted out and well - hopefully by the time I have written this you will be in a bed and no longer in holding. 

Hang in there, all will be well

Cat

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough

Who is John Galt?
catlind catlind68 or kadiya68 660506913 kadiya68 kadiya68  
IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #29 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:26pm

Count me in, Ray!  Hang tough, my friend.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #30 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:39pm

Ive never heard of no hospital bed within 100 miles....Theres something wrong there, big time!

IP Logged

Callico
CH.com Hall of Famer

Author of "Stranded at
Romson's Lodge

Aurora IL
Reply #31 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:01pm

Jonny,

A number of hospitals in that area have closed, and the others are overwhelmed.  Sometimes they have to hold beds for emergency cases and will put others that need them on hold until one opens up.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of dung by the clean end." Texas A&M Student (unknown)
Jerry Callison  
IP Logged

LeLimey
Ex Member

Reply #32 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:22pm

Oh Ray, I can't imagine how awful that must be. Just remember what I did when I was in hospital all those times. I'd lie there, scared and alone and picture everyone of you here and I WASN'T alone. I truly felt everyone here willing me on, giving me strength, giving me courage and keeping me going. I wouldn't have made it without ch.com and I didn't have to.

Nor do you. Shut your eyes.. see me waving?! See everyone else with me? We're ALL here for you.

We'll keep your seat warm and boy will we have a party when you get home!  Smiley

love
Helen x

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #33 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 3:25pm

Prayers going up from the Mid-West too!  Rest and recover soon!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #34 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:21pm

Ray, you're in my heart.

Charlotte

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 8:01pm

Are we talking about a hospital or a rehab?

No one waits for a bed for 24 hours!

It dont matter, all my prayers are with you, Ray!!!!

IP Logged

HerbLady
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|columbus|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #36 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 11:55pm

Hello everyone...

I heard from Ray this evening.  He's finally in a real hospital.  He got there around dinner time.  He's in the same hospital he was in last June.  He was getting ready to take a shower and planning to start one of the books he brought with him.

I don't really know more than that.  I wish I could say that he sounded better for being away from all our stresses for a couple of days, but he really doesn't...he just sounds....sad.   Cry

I guess I'm going to print out articles about CH again and have them ready to take to the hospital...they are such dufuses about the O2 and the Imitrex...not much else I can do for him...it's such a helpless feeling. Cry

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #37 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 12:20am

HerbLady wrote on Jun 8th, 2008 at 11:55pm:
I guess I'm going to print out articles about CH again and have them ready to take to the hospital...they are such dufuses about the O2 and the Imitrex...not much else I can do for him...it's such a helpless feeling. Cry

HerbLady,
Bless you for doing this!  Unfortunately, many of us have had to be the ones to teach and train hospital staff.  It is frustrating and annoying, at times, but just think, maybe the next clusterhead to be admitted to that hospital will get the correct treatment!  That is what makes it all worth while!

And PLEASE don't feel helpless!  What you are doing is an ENORMOUS help to him, and any future patients!  THAT, in itself, is a FANTASTIC help!

Please pass on that I am right there with the rest of the CH "family" with prayers for him, AND for you!

Thank you!!!!!!

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #38 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:39pm

Hello Folks:

I got a few minutes with a computer here at the hospital.  So I'll fill you all in a bit quickly.

I'm depressed -- that's not new, but the situational factors going on are a bit overwhelming.  When the thoughts rolling around in my head were leaning towards self-destruction, I wanted to get help.

You folks are the greatest therapy for me.  My lovely wife and kids were doing all they could and I hate that they feel powerless to help more, as they've done plenty to help keep me sane.

I spent Friday night untill Sunday dinner time in a community mental health crisis center.  99% of that time was in a 9x9 foot room with a bed and a chair.  It took that long to get a bed in a hospital psych ward, where I am now.

I can't stay on the computer any longer, but I love you all and covet your prayers, vibes, well wishes, and juju!

Wishing you all the best,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #39 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:45pm

Ray all my juju vibes are yours, just get better ok

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Warr Acres, Oklahoma
Reply #40 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 3:45pm

I'm sorry this is a little late, but hang in there and get well very soon Ray...you are in my thoughts. Kiss

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” By Maya Angelou

IP Logged

Melissa
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Don't give up!

Central WI, USA
Reply #41 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 4:10pm

Healing vibes to you Ray.

hugs,
Smileymel

Diseases can be our spiritual flat tires - disruptions in our lives that seem to be disasters at the time but end by redirecting our lives in a meaningful way.  ~Bernie S. Siegel
https://www.facebook.com/mellymoo92  
IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Reply #42 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 4:19pm

Being smart enough to recognize the problem and then seeking help puts you one step closer to recovery, Ray.

Good for you.  Sending you all good thoughts and wishes.

Carol

IP Logged

alienspacebabe
CH.com Alumnus

Why didn't Noah swat those
two mosquitoes?

Cudahy, WI
Reply #43 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 5:58pm

It takes a smart, strong person to ask for help when it's needed.

Remember, honey - it *does* get better.

Love you!

I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!
WWW alienspacebabe alienspacebabe alienspacebabe 574982956 alienspacelizzie MzClusterhead  
IP Logged

Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus

"Too much of a good thing
can be wonderful!!

Houston, TX
Reply #44 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 11:19am

Ray I will be praying for you my friend, hang in there...there is always light....

Hugs

Rosy

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or RegisterFunny Love!!!!!!!!!
Rosybabe ttps://www.facebook.com/rossybabe?ref=tn_tnmn smurph  
IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #45 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 12:48pm

I'm so happy you chose to reach out and not give in.  We'd all be much poorer without you my friend.  We'll all be here impatiently awaiting your full recovery.

Love, prayers and much juju coming your way...

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Ree
CH.com Hall of Famer

Got Faith?

Natick, MA
Reply #46 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 4:04pm

Feel Better Rayyyyyyyyy...
love ree

Single Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO3 Scott,  Police OFFICER Sean, FSU Freshman~ Breezy~ Nana to Matt, Mike & Aya, MIL To Shino,
Ree dungareespocket 1017695884 64720087 Reespirit Ree16Angel  
IP Logged

HerbLady
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|columbus|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #47 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 5:36pm

I spoke with Ray on the phone a little bit ago, and I'll be seeing him at the hospital a little later tonight.

He sounds better...he says he feels better.  He certainly sounds more relaxed.  I can tell that the tension he's been living with has had a chance to drain off.  No word yet on when he'll be coming home, or how we're going to tackle the circumstances in our life...one thing at a time, I guess.

I printed out this thread and took it to him.  I know he can get on the computer there for a few minutes at a time, but I wanted him to have all your warmth and love right there with him where he could read it and draw strength from it whenever he needed it.

Please know that your encouragement has made all the difference.  Knowing that you guys KNOW...you've BEEN there...your words mean more than anyone else's.  You know how he feels...you know how he struggles...you know what he deals with better than anyone else in the world...so when YOU say he can beat it, it must be true.  Don't underestimate the importance of your words and well-wishes...they are life to him.

IP Logged

midwestbeth
Ex Member

Reply #48 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 5:57pm

Still sending lots of healing vibes you way Ray.  Do whatever you have to to get better.

Beth

IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Reply #49 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 10:53pm

Hello Clusterville:

I have just a few minutes before they kick me off.  I am feeling better, the not-good thoughts are gone.  I'm antsy, not wanting to sit still.  I'll be more forthcoming with meds changes and so forth, but I will say that they've made the O2 use relatively routine and easy/quick to get to, and they have stocked the Imitrex injections at the nurses' station.

I've only needed Imitrex one time, and they won't give me a half dose, because only the doctor can change the order....blah blah blah, but when I needed it, they handled it quickly.

I am going to ask the head shrinker if I can go home tomorrow.  It remains to be seen what they will say.

I would like to nominate you all for sainthood, especially my lovely wife, Shade.  You all have made me feel so much better about myself and that the thoughts that weren't healthy also weren't true.

I love you guys, each and every one of you!

Wishing you all the best, and hopefully out of here tomorrow,

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!