Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Summer cottage is calling for me (Read 1787 times)
sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Summer cottage is calling for me
Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:27am

Mum is on her way, she should be here within two hours' time. Then we're going to go to our summer cottage - it's an hour and half drive - together. So far, it looks nice and sunny, which is good, because there's plenty to do; this is the first trip to the summer cottage this year.

I'm not sure how this trip will go, however, because mum's right wrist was operated (a routine surgery) about a month ago and this will be her longest drive since. She said that after short drives her hand was fine, but three and half hours takes its toll and mum is not one of those people who will admit that they're tired but instead, willl do what needs to be done and deals with the outcome later on.

Naturally, with the beast around, it will be another kind of challenge. The stores are miles away, so I'm taking lots of energy drinks with me and hope for the best!

Anyways, I'll be away for few days. Than plan is to take it easy and slowly and do what can be done depending on the weather. I'll back sometime in Wednesday.

In the meantime, best wishes & PF days to all and prayers are on their way,

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Summer cottage is calling for me
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 2:32am

Have a great time, Sanna....I wish I was going with you just to get away from it all.  Wink.................................. Kiss

IP Logged

barry_sword
CH.com Alumnus

Mountain Biking Keeps
Me Sane

Bracebridge, Canada
Reply #2 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:33am

Have a great time away from it all Sanna, sorry you are taking the beast along with you. Smiley

QUIT SMOKING SEPT. 03 2005

IP Logged

Karla
CH.com Alumnus

One of Many and Never
Alone - Join OUCH

x1|Madison WI USA
Reply #3 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 7:45am

relax and enjoy!!

Karla&&suffer chronic ch &&ch.com groupie since 1999&&Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
Karlak_1313  
IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 9:57am

Quote:
Have a great time, Sanna....I wish I was going with you just to get away from it all.  Wink.................................. Kiss

Me too, have a getaway time.  I remember the picture of the lake and woods, secluded, peaceful, pristine.  Food, fishing rod, woodsy clothes, all set to be there in a beautiful world.  Best of wishes for Mom and staying pf!

IP Logged

andrewjb
CH.com Hall of Famer

when the love of power
becomes the power of
love !

x1|london|England|europe|185|238|
Reply #5 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 6:06pm

Smiley, hope you have the best of times sanna, an over due spring clean !, is there a better beer at the end of the day ? andrew.

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #6 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 9:08pm

Pssst. Don't tell the beast that you're leaving. Don't tell him you're coming back either.

Have a great time Sandie

Charlie

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #7 - Jun 8th, 2008 at 9:12pm

Enjoy your trip, Sanna. 

We'll need pics, of course.   Wink

Stuck in town and living vicariously,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #8 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 12:01pm

I'm back! Smiley

Rain on Monday and today altered our plans, so we came back little earlier. Otherwise, everything went nicely.

Mum's hand didn't allow her to do all the things she wanted, so she took thing easily. We did as much as we could; the main cottage and the sauna are now ready for the summer, which is great. I spend hours in the back yard and if the rain would have arrived about an hour and half later, it would be ready as well.
But the days must be taken as they arrive.

This time I didn't have the time to take pictures, sorry about that! I planned to take lots, though. We had nature wonders: two squirrels were playing hide and seek at threes nearby and tiny baby hare came to visit. We heard the swans, but didn't see any yet. But lots of other birds (and no, I have no idea what they're called in English...) were around.

Sanna

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!