Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Watch it kids -- I'm backkkkkk........ (Read 919 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Watch it kids -- I'm backkkkkk........
Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:15am

Got home from the Texas Democratic Convention in one piece (barely)....

Now I got one thing to say (well it'll probably be more).. CHers fit right in at the Demo conventions... Yelling, arguing, hugging, yelling, a few adult beverages were served, some more yelling and arguing, more hugging, hot air, etc etc etc... I had a great time.... No sleep but I had a great time.

I think Austin knew the Demos were in town.. We had to evacuate the convention center after the bomb threat. They had the dogs and bomb squad and all the stuff just like in the movies. Me, I was across the street at a nice little outdoor bar watching the excitement with some newly acquired "best friends" discussing the merits of sniffing dogs vs. robots (or something like that - did I mention there was a little alcohol involved?). Well several hours later they let the convention reconvene - our caucus sent a rep to see if we needed to cast a vote, but our proposition was tabled (killed) so we proceeded to drink instead.

About 12:30 a.m. our little group of merry people adjourned for the night (that was Saturday night - I think) and we all went to our prospective rooms -- we found out the next morning that the governor's mansion had burned during the night (about 10-12 blocks away) - WE DID NOT HAVE A DAMN THING TO DO WITH IT! WE WERE NOT ABLE TO WALK THAT FAR!!!!! And we would not have done it while he was NOT in residence!!!  Wink And we have several lawyers in our group that will defend us (after they sober up!) and we will be character references for them!

Anyhow it was a fun adventure and I'm glad I went. One of our delegates from Cass county is going to Denver (I'm a great campaign managaer at 2 in the morning - didn't know he wanted to go until 1:15 a.m. and the vote was at 2 a.m.). Had to do some fast campaigning - it was a field of 16 and we only elected ONE out of 10 counties.

But on a serious note -- I still think people need to get involved - fun aside - people NEED to know how the policial system works. I learned a lot (and I didn't drink the WHOLE time I actually went to meetings). It's an interesting process. Start on the local level and work up. But get involved. Come NOV. I'm gonna KNOW who I'm voting for cause I've MET them - the guys who are running for Congress and Senate esp. and already TOLD them what I EXPECT and listed to them.

Did you guys play nice while I was gone??

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Re: Watch it kids -- I'm backkkkkk........
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2008 at 8:35am

We most certainly did behave.........why we are the most behav nest bunch......oh, there's goes my nose, growing again! Let's put it this way Barb- we didnt get the board shut down!
Sounds like the political convs are quite similar to the CH conventions- LOL.. only you flex your muscles to get a leader elected!

So glad you had such a great time, Barb, and thank you for being part of the machine that runs this country! Now, get some rest, dear.

Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 1:47am

Ah, hell. 

(Mom's back.  Hide the dice, quick.   Wink )

Sure hope they don't find an "OUCH" lighter in the ruins of the governor's mansion.

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2008 at 9:48am

Talked to my attorney yesterday and he's rolling on the floor about the "fire" (he knows how radical I can be at times). But he conceded that "our" bunch wouldn't have done anything like that unless the gov had been home. Wink

One thing funny did happen tho -- We had this guy running for party chairman (he lost) that had these PURPLE campaign stickers. His name was David something (I couldn't pronounce his last name) and I really liked him so I was campaigning for him. I just called him the "Purple Man".

After the election some of us decided to do a draft movement to run him for governor in two years. He was talking to me later that night and finally leaned over and and said, "One thing sweetheart, would you PLEASE spend the next two years LEARNING to say my name and quit calling me the PURPLE MAN!!!" I'm working on it... Cheesy

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!