Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I am not a "user" - trying to learn! can you help? (Read 6830 times)
wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
I am not a "user" - trying to learn! can you help?
Jun 13th, 2008 at 11:41am

I am writing this in coordination with Bob Wold (Pinkfloyd) and with his consent.
I am not a user, nor am I a (outspoken) supporter of busting, I have stated in numerous
occasions on this board I can not use “alternative” ways for practical reasons as well as ethical ones.

BUT

The facts above do not stop me from searching, trying to learn, trying to improve the knowledge data base,
and most important, to learn from you all, form the ones that took the step and use “alternative” ways,
whether I use the method or just listen.

As the Talmud teaches me (us) ““Who is wise? he, who learns from all,”

Ergo „The end result of wisdom is... good deeds.”    (good for our self)

This thread is for every one!

This thread is for those of us that have, or have had the experience with busting CH, using LSD and or
other “alternative” means and ways and are ready to share with us the required information.

I would like to ask all of you to try and stay within the “area” of LSD, Psilocybin, and similar, such as
LSA seeds.

Not remedies such as Taurin, Kudzu and /or other such alternative means.

I would like  you to give us, not how you feel about it (that is an obvious, you do use it),
only what is your experience, and result,
In essence, the practical experience.  The “Emotional”, and subjective opinion left out.

if you find the need, after the practical description, you can (and should) share subjective experiences,
with an honest evaluation of the positive as well as negative experience.

This is not a thread of homage to CB, it is (I hope) “only” to share information!

I (as I believe some of you wrongly think) am not an opponent / disputant of the CB way,
in the contrary, I think, and hope it is a way, and (probably) a chance to have in the future
a comprehensive solution to our malady.
But at the same time, and with the same importance and urgency we need to try and find / push
for a combination / treatments that will give some or all of us a good and safe way to deal with CH.

As some of you are aware I am very dedicated to “O2” and its positive, cost-effective, and
non lethal effect on the user, and the high rate of effectiveness, as an abortive.
And to “my injection” an existing “substance”  (Betametason) used by me to treat my CH as a preventive.

We do need the discussion and exchange of knowledge, for it is the only way we will, for the moment,
find hints, and possible new ways to fight our battles.

More important, for the new comers, a good chance to find out about the possibilities, risks, advantages,
the pros an cons, giving them a good “tool” to make the correct decision for themselves, based on
an honest objective evaluation!

For “newbie’s” such as myself, it is a chance to share. Sceptics, and disputant, please use the chance
to ask, in a friendly and respectful manner, without prejudice.

I would like to ask, to listen, to the advantages / disadvantages (if you know them) of CB over the “school Medicine”
All that, not from your subjective point of view, try and support the points you bring with facts (pls try and avoid
generic links on the net, fact supported with, if you can, direct link to the data)

I am a strong believer in facts and numbers,  subjective reports are nice, but can not be used as an objective
platform for any pragmatic discussion, not in my books.

This is very Important to me, and I believe to my Co author Bob Wold (Pinkfloyd), its not about the
“movement” CB,
It is about honest, objective, polite, respectful open discussion about a plausible treatment method,
with a big emotional “black powder” effect

I understand some people have a few questions, and a some people have many questions. It would help the flow of the thread, and the time constraints of those that will answer them, if questions are kept to one or two per post. A post with a list of 20 questions will not only become difficult to keep organized but some questions may also take many hours of research. (I do work full time Job,
and in order for us - Bob and my self, mostly Bob, to have answers we, (he) needs to do research!)
The FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) on the clusterbuster website answers many of the more basic questions and has taken many people, thousands of hours of research and composition, and years of compilation. I will not direct people to that in this thread, only to keep the questions and answers in one place so people can more easily follow along. (in this thread only Wink )

I will end this post with an old Chinese quote and Carl Rogers:

„Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand.”

“The only person who is educated is the one who has learned how to learn - and change”

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Re: I am not a "user" - trying to learn! can
Reply #1 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 3:45pm

Background:
Episodic 2 -2.5 years between cycles.
Cycles (pre CB) 6-8 weeks
worst periods 4 -6 per day all 9 -10
First hit about 19 years ago.
Tried using Verap, Pred, Imitrex cycle before last and and cycle lasted 3 months and was the worst ever. No meds prior.
Last cycle began dosing with RC seeds about a week into it. Dosed regularly for two weeks every 3-4 days with 25-30 seeds. Tried to dose as an abortive when the timing was right and hits evaporated in 5-10 minutes.
Had one bad day of continuous hits for about 4 hours other than that all hits started and disappeared without amounting to much.
cycle lasted 3 weeks with minimal disruption of daily life.
Other than RC Seeds, only Red Bull and some ice packs.
added

Observation: With the sucessI had in aborting hits. I believe there is much more potential as an abortive than has been discussed.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2008 at 7:28pm by karma »  

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: I am not a "user" - trying to learn! can you help?
Reply #2 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 4:28pm

Best information  I have is this:
They work.(for me) I wished they worked for all. No reason to suffer all that pain if something will alleviate it. Legal or not.
Looking forward to the stimulating conversation to follow.
all the best
thebb Cheesy

IP Logged

wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus

Wildhaus|Switzerland
Reply #3 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 4:29pm

karma wrote on Jun 13th, 2008 at 3:45pm:
I believe there is much more potential

This is what I think I am looking for, and If I understend the good it dose now to some of us, I (we) will be better armed in my serch for the
still unexsplord potential.......

Michael

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 4:42pm

Its this simple, the social stigmas attached to psylocybin as well as it's erroneous FDA classification is impeding research and development as a cluster headache treatment. This (pardon me) pisses me off immensely.
It is robbing me of my right to the pursuit of happiness,  Smileynot to mention life and liberty. Smiley
Mr DEA.....I have a right to treat my medical problems period. Angry Bite my -butt.   Kiss
as always
all the best
thebb Cheesy

IP Logged

Sandy_C
CH.com Sponsor

There is no such thing
as a stupid question.

Jamestown, NC
Reply #5 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 4:45pm

Background:

Episodic - first cycle in 1999 at age 53
Duration of cycles - 8 to 16 weeks
Pain Free time - 18 - 24 months
# Hits per day/night - first cycle one hit daily at 8:30 pm - K 8 to 10
Each cycle thereafter, brought more daily hits 3 to 5, K 6 to 8 range

Prescription medications taken - 50 mg Imitrex tabs with marginal relief.  Taken off Imitrex due to heart irregularities.

Turned to rc seeds three months before expected cycle,dosing with 11 to 12 seeds once per month.

Cycle began as expected, dosed with 25 seeds.  Had about 5 hits during the next two to three days, then just shadows.  Dosed again with 25 seeds 5 days after first dose, shadows disappeared, cycle was over.

I still take my monthly maintenance dose, upping to 25 to 30 seeds at the first sign of a cycle beginning, and have aborted two more cycles within two days, with only low level hits, taken care of with O2.

Note:  The only "high" I ever felt was with one dose of 11 seeds and that was only to feel drowsy.  Even the 30 seed dose does not create a "high" with me.

Sandy

Lean on me, when you're not strong, cause we all need somebody to lean on.

IP Logged

Bob P
CH.com Hall of Famer

Shut up Bob!

Clio,California
Reply #6 - Jun 13th, 2008 at 5:18pm

57 y/o male
episodic clusters for 37 years

6 years ago, grew my own shrooms, blended with oranje juice and drank.  Got chills, tremors in my arms, huge feeling of apprehension, some strobing in my vision.  All in all, a very unpleasant experience (and this from a big doper during the late 60's early 70's).

Result - didn't make any difference in my clusters.

A few weeks later, started chewing a small dose of shrooms daily for about a week.  No change.  Gave up on it becasue I ran out of shrooms (I gave away most of my crop to other clusterheads at the Atlanta convention).

I currently have some RC that I will try if my clusters ever come back (I think I am finally too old for these things).

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.  "SHUT UP HUB!"
IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #7 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 1:41am

The RC seeds work worlds beyond anything I ever tried for CH once I figured out the proper dose for me.. In fact they work so well that they can prevent or abort the entire cycling for weeks on end with a single dose.
I have come to think there best use is as a preventive, simply because once the seeds beat back the CH I no longer need an abortive.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
CH.com Hall of Famer

x1||USA|usa|299|85|MN
Reply #8 - Jun 16th, 2008 at 1:56am

"It is about honest, objective, polite, respectful open discussion about a plausible treatment method,
with a big emotional “black powder” effect"

LSD as an item has had such an overwhelming amount of bad press and sometimes rightfully so.
People predisposed to mental issues should not use these drugs.

Questions I think anyone new to the idea of clusterbusting would want to know to start with.

What is the difference between LSD, Psylocibin and LSA???

Are these drugs proven to be any more or less dangerous than drugs many clusterheads use from the pharmacy??

Hallucinogen sounds scary do we have to hallucinate??

MJ

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 6:03pm

A very friendly person once helped me to try the CB method with mushrooms.  Previously all I had to rely on was imitrex, verapamil and Oxygen.  All of which have their limitations, side effects, and in the case of imitrex, high cost. 

The detox process to make sure the CB method worked was brutal because I was in a cycle.  I didn't want to doubt the effectiveness, though, so I followed it and had no verapamil or imitrex prior to, and during the CB process.

I took the 3 doses, 3 weeks apart as explained.  I can honestly say that it convinced me that I'd never want to take mushrooms to get high.  I didn't like the feeling at all, and it was only a small dose.  During these 3 weeks I continued to get headaches, but less & less.  After the last dose, I still got a couple of headaches, but bery minor ones, and then they went away... many weeks before they'd be expected to.  They stayed away for 10.5 months, which was also way longer than expected.  I had a completely PF spring & summer.

The beast has since come back, and because of my being scared to buy, and then not trust mushrooms, and my lack of desire to grow them or my likely inability to do it well, I can't repeat the success, so it's back to the meds for now.

It worked, though, and I was skeptical as anyone could possibly be.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

kikilorilee
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #10 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:30am

I don't know if this is where I should as about this, but I am wondering about other sufferers' success with marijuana, medicinally.

My husband is in a cycle right now after an 8 year remission.  Paired with ice water and popsicles, it is an effective abortive, but not preventative.

Any other thoughts or experiences?

IP Logged

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

St. Maarten/Neth. Antilles
Reply #11 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 11:48am

Quote:
but I am wondering about other sufferers' success with marijuana, medicinally.

Useless

IP Logged

slhaas
CH.com Veteran

West Allis, WI, USA
Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:03pm

kikilorilee wrote on Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:30am:
I don't know if this is where I should as about this, but I am wondering about other sufferers' success with marijuana, medicinally.

My husband is in a cycle right now after an 8 year remission.  Paired with ice water and popsicles, it is an effective abortive, but not preventative.

Seems to only make things worse for me.

500716817 slhaas99  
IP Logged

fiftyamp
CH.com Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|philly|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 1:27pm

I'm an everyday smoker, and it dosen't help at all.

IP Logged

Hikerguy
CH.com Junior

My head hurts a little....got
an aspirin?

x0|utica|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #14 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 6:08pm

I can say that I have "busted" a cycle last yr and have been dosing every three months without any ch....even missed my spring cycle YAY... but for me at least I will have to see if they continue to work...as dopamax was silver bullet for 6yrs and then it stopped working...back to the drawing board...     PFDAN.....Chris

hikerguy_medic  
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #15 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 9:32pm

age: 40. gender: male: eposotic evey 2 years with the time zone change. most hits start at night. then progress to day hits as cycle ramps up. 3-4 hits a day like clock work for 6-8 weeks. Meds used: pregnazone, topamax, verp, imetrex, max-alt, zomig. Current meds taken now: NONE. First dose: mid march 08 at 30 seeds soaked in water for 3 hours. Effect from RC SEEDS: NONE. Results after dose: Shadows stopped instantly, No more CH for 9 and 1/2 weeks: Meantime: only got 1 kip 6 2 nights in a row. Action: redosed with 35 seeds: Result CH gone. Plan: Redose every six weeks with 30 seeds. thanks. Coach Bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #16 - Jun 29th, 2008 at 6:37pm

About the weed question. it does nothing to stop or prevent my CH. And god only knows i have tried it plenty of times. but im glad it is working for you. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

jess-MTL
CH.com Junior

Episodic sufferer

x0|Montreal|Canada||0|0|
Reply #17 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 8:27am

My husband is in a cycle right now after an 8 year remission.  Paired with ice water and popsicles, it is an effective abortive, but not preventative.

Just wanted to let you know that, in my case, marijuana does not help at all with CH. I've been smoking everyday (quit cigarettes years ago) for as long as I can remember, and I smoke just as much in cycle as out of cycle. It doesn't help, nor does it make it worse. The only thing it can do is keep my mind off CH, and help me fall asleep...
« Last Edit: Jul 15th, 2008 at 8:28am by jess-MTL »  

IP Logged

jess-MTL
CH.com Junior

Episodic sufferer

x0|Montreal|Canada||0|0|
Reply #18 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 8:40am

I'm episodic, female & 25 years old. My first cycle was at the age of 17, and they came every 2 years in the beggining, now have them once or twice a year. I used to have them in the fall, but the last one was in the spring, now summer...
I tried Prednisone, Imitrex tablets & injections, O2 & now Verapamil on this last cycle, as well as mushrooms.... And it worked wonders. The first time I took them was the same day I started Verapamil, and was PF for 4 days (I had taken an Imitrex shot 2 days prior, not knowing I had to detox). The second time I tried was a week later, but still on Verapamil (as I've read somewhere it doesn't stop the effects of shrooms), and I'm still PF (over 1 week now). Both times I dosed with less than a gram. I felt a little weird, had the giggles for a couple of minutes, and then slept it off... So no high for me, which is good!
I will do it again next time, because it's what works best for me.

IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #19 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 8:02pm

i have been episodic since i was about 10 y.o. my cycles last about 2 to 5 months. my attacks are very frequent and very severe. during my last cycle i used lsd and mushrooms. while under the influence of the drug i experienced  no pain for 12 to 14 hours. non of my triggers would set off a ch. it was like i was bullet proof. the following day i had 3 back to back kip 9s that lasted about 45 minutes in duration. after the last attack i had a kip3 to last the rest of the day. 3 days after that my attacks we're back to normal. after 5 to 7 days my attacks were less intence and i was getting 4 to 6 hours of sleep. and when i did wake up it was to a kip5 and was very controllable with o2 and my trusty ice water. after 10 days i was perfectly fine. i did not follow the dosage recommendation because i was desperate and i didn't take the time to read up on it. i only dosed 1 time and i spent about $50 on it, which was cheaper than going to a doctor to get referred to another doctor to get a prescription of something that may or may not work. not to mention i didn't feel safe driving my truck so i was staying home and not earning any money.  i recomend this treatment to anybody that has cluster headaches. i don't know about the seeds but the shrooms only stay in your urine for a couple of days and the lsd isn't detectable.

as far as smoking pot goes, it is a sure fire trigger for me.

feel free to pm me if you have any questions
                                                                           johnny

IP Logged

demon_tone
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Townsville|Australia||0|0|QLD,Queensland
Reply #20 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:18am

pain killers come in all forms... some prescribed ...some found in the next doors yard,, some even find relief  in ya local bottlo...but as lovely as it may be.... a toothache...  even with good drugs doent go away until you  treat the problem itself.

of course ...if ya have been dealt a card that says your leg is three inches shorter than the other ,, doesnt mean ya cant find a good platform shoe that will make you walk normally

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 12:21pm

WTF?

IP Logged

Potter
CH.com Alumnus

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky
Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Blgs.Mt.
Reply #22 - Jul 22nd, 2008 at 2:48pm

demon_tone wrote on Jul 22nd, 2008 at 11:18am:
pain killers come in all forms... some prescribed ...some found in the next doors yard,, some even find relief  in ya local bottlo...but as lovely as it may be.... a toothache...  even with good drugs doent go away until you  treat the problem itself.

of course ...if ya have been dealt a card that says your leg is three inches shorter than the other ,, doesnt mean ya cant find a good platform shoe that will make you walk normally

And sometimes ya find an odd nut in a can of Planters.

Potter

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!