Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I'm totally miserable..... (Read 5207 times)
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
I'm totally miserable.....
Jun 17th, 2008 at 2:58pm

I'm hitting a high cycle and am totally miserable. Am getting hit back to back. Just when I get rid of one damn HA another one hits. (Ok, I'm venting!!!!). Right now I'm between hits and am exhausted. The SOB woke me up about 5 a.m and we've been dancing all day... UGHHHHH!!!!

Still say it's the barometer... Today it's overcast and trying to rain. I think the barometer is dropping. Whatever the damn thing is doing it's got the beast all rived up and he's having a blast with my head.

For those of you who are newbies and don't know me, I'm usually a really nice person, but when I'm getting hit like this I'm a total bitch... Today is Bitch day at the farm. Even the dogs are staying out of my way....  Where are the coyotes when I need to KILL something???  Wink

Ok, now I feel better. Think I'll go get back on the O2 and calm down. After all it's only a headache - Right? Tongue

Hugs BD

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stronger!

IP Logged

Grandma_Sweet_Boy
CH.com Alumnus

What Goes Around Comes
Around!

Georgetown,Ontario
Re: I'm totally miserable.....
Reply #1 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 3:18pm

Hang in there girl!  You know you can kick a$$ and take names.

Hugs
Carol

IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 3:27pm

oh BD, i KNOW u r not a bitch even tho i am fairly new!!!  Bitch all u want, and then bitch some more.....................i am sending lotsa PF vibes, strength, and  Smiley Smiley ur way...................
deb

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 3:44pm

Hang in there Barbara. Kick some demon butt for me. It gets to us all after so long.
Now get some bullets, hope the coyote huntin improves. Cheesy
thebb

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Reply #4 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Sad    Smiley

Barb, I'm just curious... have you tried taurine supplements or kudzu? I had a bad high cycle last fall, and I also had a neuralgia issue that was triggering clusters. I think the taurine helped a bit, and would have helped more had I not had the other issue.

Hang in there.

hugs, nani

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

newslang
CH.com Newbie

im not pressed in a book

United States
Reply #5 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 4:13pm

Aw.  I hope this passes quickly for you.  Hang in there.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
namelesspride09  
IP Logged

Paige_H.
CH.com Junior

What the hell?

x0|Princeton|USA||0|0|WV,West_Virginia
Reply #6 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 4:21pm

I think there is something to that barometer!!!

IP Logged

Lizzie2
CH.com Sponsor

"L'Chaim"~Hebrew Toast~"To
Life"

Boothwyn, PA
Reply #7 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 4:50pm

Hugzzzzzzz {{{{{{{{{Barb}}}}}}}}}}

I hear ya on the barometer - I went to my neurologist at the headache center this morning and explained that the only headaches the stimulator isn't helping with are the ones triggered by the weather, and they become the monsters from hell....

I really wish I could take some of them away to give ya a little break!  I know and you know that you'll get through it, but it sucks just getting through and wondering when the next one's gonna come, especially when they come right on top of each other.

Hang in there!!  Hopefully it'll get better soon!

Hugz,
Carrie Smiley

~~"Don't know much about your life. Don't know much about your world, but Don't wanna be alone tonight on this planet they call Earth."~~
Lizzie2 Lizzie2 Lizzie52004 NeoNurseChic  
IP Logged

kevmd
CH.com Hall of Famer

Who needs a hypothalamus
anyway?

x0|philadelphia|USA||0|0|PA,Pennsylvania
Reply #8 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 5:02pm

You know you can handle this but we are here for you.  Now go scare away the beast instead of the dogs!!!!

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES 2008 WORLD CHAMPS

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #9 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 5:40pm

Thanks Nani -- I have taken some taurine, Red Bull, O2, ergotomine, naproxin (for old arthur - he acts ups too with the weather this way Smiley ). I'm punchy from meds....

Got one of Caleb's "play" guns out an started shooting at the politicians on TV. Made me feel a little better and didn't scare the dogs too bad -- don't think they like any of them either.  Roll Eyes

anyhow, thanks for the vibes -- this too shall pass and I'll be back to my usual grouchy self, but right now I'm just on a pity party...

Hugs BD

IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #10 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 10:40pm

vent away-  its what the board is for!   wishing you pf moments and hours ahead!

kelly

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #11 - Jun 17th, 2008 at 10:52pm

Keep up the fight barbara, you know that everyone here understands!!!    Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

icculus
CH.com Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Pittsburgh
Reply #12 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 1:40am

you hit my nail on the head...barometer...every june!
every major storm...bam!
...but i dont want to to still your thunder... this is your thread to bitch...

keep fighting, but if...when you find that place where the pressure holds steady, PLEASE lmk.

IP Logged

Linda_Howell
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Do not feed the Moderators

Santa Maria, Ca.
Reply #13 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:16am

Pity party to your hearts content Barb.   We've been dancing for so many years we've run holes in all our shoes.

Hang tough just like  you are.  TOUGH.

Hurt people.....hurt people.   Think about it.
WWW calientev8 N/A N/A  
IP Logged

Cathi_Pierce
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

x0|Oregon City|USA||0|0|OR,Oregon
Reply #14 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 2:27am

OMG!  Barb! The visual I have of you, in front of the TV, shooting a t
toy pistol at them thar varmint Politicians.....it's enough to cure what ails you!
Honey, go right ahead and bitch............and remember, this, too, shall pass!
Now, hang close to the 02, be good to you, and go back to  shooting those politicians!!
I'd take a day, gladly for you, send the beast on over...........
PF wishes,
Cathi

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #15 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 5:20am

Venting allowed! Days like that are difficult... Smiley Smiley Smiley Hopefully it gest easier very, very soon.

PF wishes your way,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #16 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 6:50am

BarbaraD wrote on Jun 17th, 2008 at 2:58pm:
For those of you who are newbies and don't know me, I'm usually a really nice person,

I guess this is where I need to listen to my dear departed mother's advice ... "If you can't say something NICE, don't say anything at all ... "

Lips Sealed   Lips Sealed   Lips Sealed   Lips Sealed   Lips Sealed   

Wink   Kiss

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus

The BEAST rises again,
and again, and again,
and .

Greenville, North Carolina
Reply #17 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 7:01am

Barb, 

As you know, with the close relationship that the beast and I have, I have been where you are, more than once!  You are stronger than I am, and are handling it better than I do.  When I am in one of those days, I CAN'T get on line NOR interact with ANYONE!  Rather than being my normal charming, polite, and sweet self, I am a total effin A hole on those days.  I retreat into a shell, and wait till I am more sociable before interacting with anyone.

Wink Bless your heart, but being the crotchety old broad that you are,  Tongue and having dealt with the beast for as long as you have, you KNOW that this, too, shall pass.

Hang in there, Hun, we are here to take up the slack while you do battle.  We all know that you WILL win, but we are here to back you up, while you need us, just as you always are for us.

And, BTW, the barometer is a major trigger for me too.

Chuck

CAUTION:  Do NOT smoke when using or around oxygen.  Oxygen can permeate your clothing or bedding.  Wait, before lighting cigarette or flame.  

Keep fire extinguisher available, and charged.
ClusterChuck  
IP Logged

AussieBrian
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH - It's all in your
head!

Cairns, Qld, Australia
Reply #18 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:13am

Barometers are evil.  Evil!  EVIL!  EVIL!!!

They are the dark and dastardly dealings of the beast herself and must be cast out at all costs!  Brethren, I beseech thee, rid yourselves of these crimes against CHumanity.

Banish them to the nether regions never to again see the light of our day, and may we dance in joy as the smoke rises skywards as every such devilish device meets its just end.

Our DJ, who art in ch.com, hallowed be thy name and may that 'B' word be added to NetNanny never to appear here again.  

For ever and ever,

Ahh, PFDN.

My name is Brian. I'm a ClusterHead and I'm here to help. Email me anytime at briandinkum@yahoo.com

IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus

Hugs to ya

Douglasville, TX
Reply #19 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 9:28am

Am doing some better today -- just worn out. Didn't sleep much last night - Mr. Demon decided to stick around during the night (melatonin didn't work). Finally got some sleep about 4 this morning - not much but a little.

The barometer settled down (for now, but this is Texas - it could change without notice).

Doubled my topamax dose ($$$$$) and will keep it up until this cycle breaks -- that usually works pretty well, but takes a little time. I was about ready to call my neuro yesterday for DHE - hope I don't have to go to that stuff (did last year and it's awful). I'm usually good for the first day on it and then I'm in bed until I finish the "pack" (10 shots at least).

Anyhow, thanks for all the vibes. I'm hanging in there

Chuck, when I'm like this I have to find something to concentrate on -- TV, computer -- just something to get my mind off my head (yeah right), but it does help some. I even write hate mail to my enemies and don't use spell check. Wink  (Don't mail them!)

Hugs BD

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #20 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 12:27pm

I'm glad to see things have lightened a bit today.  You go ahead and vent girl.  We've all been there.

((((HUGS))))

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

ajarmstrong
CH.com Junior

Anybody seen Mighty Manfred?

x0|Tullahoma|USA||0|0|TN,Tennessee
Reply #21 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 12:17am

Me too! On top of the CH I've got some kind of bug the kids drug in.  Now I have a cough and runny nose on top of the pain.  NICE!!!

ajarmstrong  
IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #22 - Jun 19th, 2008 at 12:55am

Put on your sh*tkickers and kick some sh*t, Barbara, you know you are stronger than that lowlife son of hell. We all have cast it out while remaining alive to see another day. I am wishing you painfree days for a long long time from right across the Atlantic.
Stay tough.

BTW, we understand the aggression you feel towards the @#^%*, believe you me!  Angry

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!