Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: new to ch and need answers plz (Read 1511 times)
Jonny
Ex Member

Re: new to ch and need answers plz
Jun 21st, 2008 at 3:24pm

There is nothing normal about this beast we call CH.

I have had the pain switch from one eye to the other a few times in the last 33 years, but never behind both at the same time.

Read as much as you can on this website so you know what questions you want to ask the doc Monday.

Sorry you had to find us, but we are sure glad to help if you need us......We are family here!

................................Jonny

IP Logged

Lawmandave
CH.com Junior

If you want peace, prepare
for war!!!

Johnstown, Pa
Reply #1 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 4:17pm

Casey,

Alot of people here have had succes with Melatonin to help get through the night.  You can get it from Walmart or a Vitamin Shop and is pretty inexpensive.  I have just started to try it and it seems to be allowing me sleep through the night without the beast getting to me but its only been a few days for me personally!!! As far as the beast itself, alot of folks use imitrex injectables (myself included) but it does not work for everyone.  I have read try very strong coffee, or energy drinks w/ taurine (Red Bull, Etc.), ice and Oxygen (check out Oxygen Info on Left).  Finding a neuro that is familiar with CH is tough to do sometimes, there is a link around I believe from the OUCH website that list Neuro's that folks have had success with.   The most important thing I can say is READ, READ, READ!!! The people here are fantastic and have helped me tremendiously!!!  Sorry you had to find us but welcome aboard!

Dave

Lawmandave  
IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 5:38pm

Longer acting triptans (Amerge, Frova) can help you get through an entire night without getting hit. Ask your neuro on Monday for a few samples.

IP Logged

Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus

Patterson,California
Reply #3 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 7:00pm

Welcome aboard, Casey, and good luck at the neuro Monday.

Charlotte

IP Logged

Chappy
CH.com Veteran

__

Tucson, AZ
Reply #4 - Jun 21st, 2008 at 7:42pm

I don't know about staying asleep, bit when late night hits kept me from sleeping my neuro gave me Cyproheptadine.  It's an antihistamine, and like Benadryl it knocks you out, and may have some anti-CH activity.

Godwin's Law: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."&&Skitt's Law - "Any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself."

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!