Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Got Old Photos? (Read 4667 times)
Jonny
Ex Member

Re: Got Old Photos?
Reply #25 - Jun 23rd, 2008 at 8:10pm

Linda_Howell wrote on Jun 22nd, 2008 at 9:42pm:
Good grief Jonny.  You look exactly like your Dad...minus the tats of course.   eerie.

Yeah, everyone says that. I dont mind looking like him, im just glad I didnt turn out like him.....He was a murder.....LOL  Grin

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #26 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 4:51am

If I had known about this thread, I would have borrowed few pictures from our summer cottage and from mom's childhood home and scanned them. Smiley

We have nicely kept old photos and one thing I do each summer is to look at all of them. Naturally, back at mom's childhood home, part of the fun is to figure out which uncle or aunt is at the pic... Grin

Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

washed-out
CH.com Junior

Native Engrish Speaker
:D

Poland
Reply #27 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 6:27pm

I got approximately 250 photos from years 1920-1950 but most of them are just family trips Tongue I scanned only the most interesting ones some time ago and a few examples:
(1943)
(dunno)
(1945, Warsaw)
(Summer 1944)
(1937)
(grandfather)
(grandfather)
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2008 at 6:33pm by washed-out »  

IP Logged

Tiannia
CH.com Alumnus

Life does not apologies......

Eugene, OR
Reply #28 - Jun 24th, 2008 at 7:04pm

My mom has a ton of old pictures and most are labeled so that when my sister and I inherit them, we will know who they are.

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register&&The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Tiannia_L  
IP Logged

mummymac
CH.com Alumnus

Kissed Donny Osmond and
proud of it

Jersey|United_Kingdom|europe
Reply #29 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:31am

I just wanted to tell every one who has put up photos to this thread that they are just wonderful.

I have really enjoyed these pictures.  Is it me or does everyone look much smarter in the old photos than they do today?

Wink

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register)
WWW mummymac tanyamcintosh1 http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=534942699&r mummymac  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #30 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:49am

mummymac wrote on Jun 25th, 2008 at 2:31am:
Is it me or does everyone look much smarter in the old photos than they do today?

Wink

Grin Grin  Most likely.  They didn't have the stupefying influence of television.  Bread and circuses, you know.

I've been scrounging around here, and came up with a couple of daguerotypes of extinct relatives--most likely from the first half of the 19th century--I'll try to post them tomorrow if I can figure out how to make them show up as digital images.  You have to hold them...just right...otherwise you can't really see them. 

Daguerotypes aren't like photos.  I'd elaborate, but I'm not really the one to do so.  I'll see if I can get EJ to pontificate about them.  She knows a lot more about this stuff than I do.

Meantime, here's my favorite family photo of all time--not really an old one, but one that holds more meaning for me than anything else.  The two people in all the world who mean the most to me--on the happiest day of my life:

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #31 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:02am

washed-out, (Sorry--let's have a name, eh?  You're family now, after all.) those are some wonderful photos of Poland during the War. 

I'm loving this thread... Smiley

Best,

George

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
IP Logged

-johnny-
CH.com Sponsor

theres no smoking on the
dock

fayette county ohio
Reply #32 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 11:15am

Quote:
Ok, I found one.......My Dad, Johnny with an H.....LOL  Wink

im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d803b3127ccec439ec43f57b00000020O08AZM2bNk5bMwe3nwc/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D560/ry%3D300/

Sucking in the gut at its best.....LMAO!!!  Grin

what a handsome guy Wink

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #33 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:27am

Okay.  Here's one of the daguereotypes that we have--it's an image of my great-grandfather as a young child.

Presumably, it was taken sometime during the American Civil War--my great-grandfather was born in 1861, and he looks to be about three or four in this picture.  Imagine getting a three-year-old to sit still long enough for a daguereotype.

Perhaps most poignant to me is the lock of infant hair enclosed, and tied with a bit of blue ribbon.

Sorry about the picture quality--I had to take it with a web cam.  Couldn't seem to get a good angle to take a digital photograph, and the scanner just didn't work at all.  Daguereotypes are like an image printed on a mirror.

Best wishes,

George
« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:04pm by George »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!