Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Good to know I'm not alone (Read 2326 times)
Sean
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Good to know I'm not alone
Jun 25th, 2008 at 3:48am

Hello all!

I now know I've been suffering from episodic ch for a frustrating 5-7 years now.  Like most, it was misdiagnosed to other headaches, like Migraines or Sinus issues, until one doctor said she believed it could be Cluster Headaches, something I had never heard of.  Nevertheless, I've been dealing with these headaches now for several years by doing just that... dealing.  I would attempt to not let it inhibit my life anymore than it already did, so I'd do little to research the problem.  To me, the pain is indeed excrutiating.  But until now and as a result of my lack of research, I felt either that I was weak to pain, or unable to properly explain the pain to others.  After researching this site and matching my symptoms precisely to this disorder, I am relieved to at least confidently self-diagnose this affliction.  It's nice to know that others know the pain I feel too, so I can at least have some validation.

So hello to my new-found friends!  I'm so happy I've found such a breadth of knowledge on what's afflicted my life for this long time, and I'm sure I'll be able to improve the quality of my life as a result.

-Sean

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Good to know I'm not alone
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 4:10am

and I'm sure I'll be able to improve the quality of my life as a result

And that's the key to beating this damned thing, until they come up with an honest to goodness 'cure!"

When you get a chance tell us what you've used that has and hasn't worked for you. Maybe we'll learn something new from you maybe we can point you in some new directions. It's what makes the board work so well.

So NO, you're not imagining it, YES it hurts like hell left untreated and NO you're no longer alone, welcome home. Wink

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Jennifer
CH.com Alumnus

Supply, VA
Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:55am

Hi Sean and welcome Smiley

You'll find a wealth of information here and great people who can give you tips and strategies to help you not only "deal" with ch, but fight back.

We've all worn the same pair of shoes you now wear, and have walked a well-trodden path. We're all here to help you along the way.

pfdan and welcome to the nuthouse!

WWW Jennifer Whitty Donald Yennyfur_D  
IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 10:54am

Hi Sean!

I just wanted to welcome you!   

PF Wishes!

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 12:07pm

Pain indeed.
Welcome and check these out
Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
all the best
thebb

IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus

Karratha|,West_Australia
Reply #5 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 6:40pm

Hi Sean
Welcome aboard.

Cheers
Barry

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
Of all the things i've lost in life the thing i miss most is my mind.
WWW http://mushys.com/kiwi  
IP Logged

Superdave
CH.com Veteran

x0|Conroe|USA||0|0|TX,Texas
Reply #6 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 8:07pm

Hi Sean,

Glad you found your way here it took me 5 years as well

Its a great to be in a bad time Smiley

Superdave

Wow! you mean it's just in my head?

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #7 - Jun 25th, 2008 at 9:00pm

welcome, yep there are others just like you, and im one of them. Been getting clusters since in my early 20s and just like you i "dealt" with them for 10 years then i found  the help,  and then i found this site. I thought i was the only person out there but im glad to know im not dealing with this alone. And neither are you anymore, hang in there. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!