Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hallo from a German clusterhead! (Read 3639 times)
Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Hallo from a German clusterhead!
Jun 26th, 2008 at 10:23am

[color=#ff00ff][/color]Hallo!  I am a new member from Germany.  While there are two CH websites in my country, I find this one the most useful and at times humourous (many of we Germans are far too serious).  I look forward to a long relationship with this CH family.  I have chronic CH and am a 22 year old university student.  Sometimes my english is not so good, so I hope that you will forgive me.  Thank you and Hallo!
Sandra Smiley

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Re: Hallo from a German clusterhead!
Reply #1 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:22am

I love how international our board is, welcome from a stateside boy! Glad you found us, hope we can help you!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 11:31am

Danke Giuseppi!  I have read many of your posts and I think that you are a very kind and caring person.  I wish more of our Polizei were like you  Wink!
Yours,
Sandra

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 12:42pm

Houdy from Montana. I lived in Mainz in the late 70's. I miss Fasching, the brats mit pomme fritz, and the dopplebach.
chous
thebb

IP Logged

Charlie
CH.com Alumnus

Happy to be here

Jamestown, NY
Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2008 at 9:56pm

Welcome aboard from New York State. I'm just sorry we have to meet because of this horror.

Here is a technique that worked well for me, costs nothing and is entirely non-invasive. Good luck and keep in touch:

Dr. Wright’s Circulatory Technique:

I am not sure what mechanism is triggered by this but whatever it is, at least indirectly helps kill the pain. I do know that this technique has nothing to do with meditation, relaxation, or psychic ability. It is entirely physical and takes some work. It involves concentrating on trying to redirect a little circulation to the arms, hands, or legs. Think of feeling your pulse in your hand. Increased circulation will result in a reddening and warming of the hands. The important and difficult part is that it has to be done without interruption through the pain. Do not give up in frustration. It may not work on the first try. Try experimenting between attacks. You will find that it gets easier with practice. Every now and then it will work almost immediately. I lived for those moments.

I was given less than five minutes instruction in the use of method. The doctor, while placing his arm on his desk, showed me that he could slightly increase his arm and hand circulation. After several attempts, I was able to repeat this procedure and use it successfully. I have had about a 75% success rate shortening these attacks. My 20 minute attacks were often reduced to 10 minutes or less. Once proven that I had a chance to effectively deal with this horror, I always gave it a try as I had nothing to lose but pain.

I used to try to imagine I was pushing blood away from my neck into my arm. Use your imagination. There is one man who wrote that his standing barefoot on a concrete floor shortened his attacks. This may be similar as it draws some circulation away from the head. Cold water, exercise, or anything affecting circulation, seems to be worth a try. My suggestion is to not let up immediately when the pain goes. Waiting a minute is probably a good idea. So long as you do not slack off, this has a chance of working.

This technique is very useful while waiting for medication to take effect or when none is available. It costs nothing, is non-invasive, and can be used just about anywhere. It is not a miracle but it helped me deal with this horror. It can be a bit exhausting but the success rate was good enough for me and a cluster headache sufferer will do just about anything to end the pain. It gives us a fighting chance.

Charlie      

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
135447360 mondocharlie mondocharlie  
IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 3:46am

Thank you Charlie.  I have read your posts and think you are a kind and wise man!
Sandra

IP Logged

tuck
CH.com Veteran

Damn this cross is heavy
!

Gillespie , Illinois
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:33am

Welcome Sandra, from one newbie to another. I can tell you that this place is full of people who REALLY know what they are talking about. The kindness that i as a newbie was treated with was amazing. I am sure you have already found information that you can use to better treat your CH, I know i did. I think the best part of this site is knowing that when you are in a cycle, you can come here and vent your frustrations and EVERYONE TOTALLY understands! Its a great feeling!  I am sorry you had to find us, but better days are ahead now that you have!  Good luck and God bless,,,Tuck

cancer shmancer,, i get cluster headaches!

IP Logged

gizmo
CH.com Hall of Famer

Germany
Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:45am

Herzlich Willkommen Sandra!
Schön hier auch mal andere Deutsche zu sehen.

Oliver

IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 4:54am

Bist du deutsch? Schoen! Alle sind sehr freundlich und hilfreich. Danke fuer die gruess!
Sandra

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #9 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:14am

Welcome Sandra!

I too have noticed how international this board is - clusterheads from Denmark, Norway, The UK, The Netherlands, Ireland and off course USA. Plus it contains numerous information that can and will be helpfull to you.

Schmerzlose Tage und Nächte gewünscht aus die Niederlände!
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 8:15am by maalstroom »  

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:08am

Vielen dank Maalstroom!  Ich moechte gern die Nederland und die Nederlander!  Ich habe gelebt an die Grenze zwischen Nederland und Deutschland (Geilenkirchen) und es war sehr schoen und die beste Pommes Smiley, naturlich mit Mayonaise!  Tongue Alles gute!
Sandra
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 10:12am by N/A »  

IP Logged

maalstroom
CH.com Old Timer

''Dance to my tune''....
the hell I will!

the Netherlands
Reply #11 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:01am

Ach wirklich, Geilenkirchen? Ich lebe in Heerlen, Grenzgebiet mit Aachen, also gar nicht weit von einander. Nett zu hören das Du uns magst haha, Ich habe selber auch ein Schwäch für die Deutschen und eure Sprache. Pommes mit Mayo, das ist ganz bestimmt Niederländisch/ Belgisch  Grin.
Ich war mal in Groß Brittanien und hätte dort Pommes mit Essig, also das war.... seltsam!
Wenn Du mal über deine Kopfschmerzen reden wolst, schick mir doch ein PM.
Viele Grüße!
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:05am by maalstroom »  

...AND AS A FINISHING TOUCH, GOD CREATED THE DUTCH.

IP Logged

Sandra von der Laage
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:34am

Ich kenne Heerlen, ich war guest im Golf Hotel (aber ich spiele golf gar nicht!),  Die Welt ist klein, stimmt?  Ich bin froh ein neue Freund zu haben!  Alles gute, Maalstroom!
Sandra
Ich moechte gern die Herring! Tongue
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2008 at 10:35am by N/A »  

IP Logged

coach_bill
CH.com Hall of Famer

"Dont expect me to lay
down for this"

x0|euclid|USA||0|0|OH,Ohio
Reply #13 - Jun 28th, 2008 at 8:48pm

hallo, coach bill from cleveland ohio here just want to say welcome aboard... toot toot..  im most glad to hear your CH is not stoping you from school and living large... hopefull you will study medicene and find the cure for us all, untill then keep up the good work kid. coach bill

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!