Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Question! Imigran Auto Injector (Read 5507 times)
lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Question! Imigran Auto Injector
Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:22pm

Hi

Can you inject Imigran with the Auto Injector Pen anywhere else other than the thigh.

Two reasons I am asking!

1 If I am out and about and need an injection rather quick don't want to have to drop my trousers to do it.

2 I always get the muscle when I inject, have recently lost 3 1/2 stone in weight so not much fat there any more. The muscle really hurts afterwards to the point that walking on the same leg is agony!

Thanks

Lisa
xx

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Re: Question! Imigran Auto Injector
Reply #1 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:30pm

Lisa
subcutaneous. Take a pinch of belly skin, and have at it. The arms are good just remember to gather the skin up, it makes sub Q easier.
And there is nothing like the good ole tush. You know in the back just below the waist.
Injections suck no matter what.
I trade between shoulders and legs. Mix it up.  Cheesy
Generally the outward sides of appendages have less sensory nerves.
Hate if for ya.
thebb

IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:38pm

Thank you!

Will try the "tush" lol can reach that without dropping my drawers so to speak.

Cheesy

Lisa
x

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:46pm

Another thing to consider.
Insulin syringes are much thinner. Maybe get the bottle of imitrex and some smaller syringes. Auto injectors are like shoving an iron pipe in ya. Talk to the doc.
thebb Cheesy

IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Reply #4 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 12:51pm

Thanks again!

I read about this in the imitrex tip bit when I first visited the site.  Question though how do you get the fluid into the other needle?

Or is that a dumb question, just had a look at the imigran injection part and can't see how you can get it into another syringe?

Lisa
x

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:02pm

imitrex comes in auto injectors, vials with bulk liquid like insulin, tablets, inhalers.
What you do is get the vials and several syringes. you stab the vial with the syringe at the top seal retract the plunger on the syringe and presto, one injection. The syringes are throw away. Much more efficient and economical. You will note the pain is much less than Wink the auto injectors.
get it now? Wink
the imitrex tip on the left allows you to get up to three injections from one auto injector vial. Unscrew the pen when you load it and the vial will fall from the injector pen. Then you can use that vial and a q tip to inject a portion of it. Messy and you re-use the auto injector needle.
The vial from the pharmacy is designed for re-use, the syringes are not.
the more ya know.
thebb
« Last Edit: Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:11pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Reply #6 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:04pm

I get it now thanks!

Will give it a go next time, that is if I can blag an insulin needle from my neighbour who is diabetic!

x

IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jun 27th, 2008 at 1:20pm

Do be careful dear. Use the auto injector as it is designed. Get the doc to perscribe the vials and syringes. O2 is a much better abortive with less side effects. You just have to administer it properly.
You have much to learn. Then you can be the demon butt kicker.
Sounds like your doing fairly well now. Keep it up.
thebb

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!