Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Been away for a while ! (Read 2729 times)
Denise
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Been away for a while !
Jun 30th, 2008 at 6:39am

My wife is a Cluster headache sufferer and I post this at 3:20 am in hopes that if I research
enough I will find some relief for her. We were regulars here years back and many times have thought of all of you in our prayers. Denise is in a cycle now and this is week 5 and today she got hit hard!!!!! We had been using imatrex injections but had a bad experience last time due to her heart and worried about the use. We tried maxalt today and it was a waste of time. She was at a 10 for 2 hours and dam near pulled a bald spot out of her head. This thing really rules our lives when it rears its demon head!!!!!!!!!! I have ordered some rc seeds online and was hoping to hear some success stories. Denise is going through hell right now and I have been a witness to this for 25 years. I love her more than anything and just wish I could stop these things. This cycle has been all daytime attacks thats the only positive. Last time everytime she would sleep it would wake her and the battle was on. Well I hope everyone reading this is pain free!! Shut eye time , Tomorrow Im going to see if I can find some hawian seeds locally until the rc seeds show. I hope she gets some relief soon. Today was the worst so far!!!

Take care Bryan

IP Logged

lisa1973
CH.com Alumnus

I Love CH.com!

Portsmouth, UK
Re: Been away for a while !
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 8:35am

Hi Bryan (& Denise!)

Sorry No advice or experiences to give to you as I am new to CH and CH.com!

But just wanted to say hello and welcome!

Lisa
 x
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:11am by lisa1973 »  

IP Logged

artonio7
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:10am

Hello Bryan...I'm so very sorry that Denise  (and you) are going through this horrible nightmare. Has Denise tried Oxygen as an abortive? For so many of us 100% medical grade Oxygen administered at 15 LPM with a non-rebreather mask is a first line of defense in aborting Cluster Headaches.

Is it possible for you Denise to see a neurologist to get a prescription for O2?

Please stick around and know that both you and Denise will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm sure more members will follow shortly to give you more sound advice.

with warm regards,
Tony

IP Logged

Kevin_M
CH.com Sponsor

withered branches grow
green again.

Michigan, USA
Reply #3 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:43am

Artonio's suggestion of oxygen is very, very useful, that will help without any side effects and is always good to have on hand.  The route you've chosen with seeds can be difference maker too with guidance.  
 Please remember to not get a notion to use those two triptans mentioned within the same 24 hour period together.  
 Being unable to use Immitrex is a new search, quick and venturesome after the last experience you posted.  There are many success stories with seeds, while oxygen a handy dependable and successful abortive that can help hits subside in under ten minutes used correctly.  
  As a small aid in the meantime, an ice pack held with a hand towel has a small distacting affect when nothing else available.

Thank you for being such a great supporter for Denise.  
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2008 at 9:48am by Kevin_M »  

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Haverhill, Massachusetts, USA
Reply #4 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 12:10pm

Hi Bryan and Denise,

Welcome back!  I 2nd the suggestion of O2.  The stuff works wonders for me.  Go up on Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register and read up on it.  When used properly, with the right equipment it's a real beast killer.

O2 + energy drinks == hours of relief for me. 

Thank you for taking such good care of my cluster sister.  You supporters are amazing people.  We'd be lost without you.

-Dennis-

Where there is life, there is hope.
Where there is Oxygen, you must use proper caution.
So be safe, don't smoke while using O2. Kill the pain and not yourself.
dennism1045 dennism1045 524417261 DennisM1045 DennisM1045  
IP Logged

Denise
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #5 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 5:45pm

Thanks for the replys !
I have researched the oxygen treatment before with little success with the docs prescribing it. Denise had a doc appointment today and they just blew us off again about prescribing oxygen. I will be trying the welderes oxygen and a medical regulator and try it on myself first to make sure its safe for her. All the research I have done states the oxygen comes from the same tanks when filled and the bottle inspection is the main issue. I think I will be a ble to purchase a new virgin bottle locally and retro the regulator for a non rebreather mask. We will see soon if the o2 helps.  Hope everyone has a pain free day!

Bryan

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #6 - Jun 30th, 2008 at 8:16pm

Did you try printing out the research listed on OUCH-US and bringing it to your Dr?  If he doesn't see the light then it's probably time to find another Dr.

Go here: Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Read and print out what'll convince that stubborn Dr.

You're doing great Bryan.  Keep at it.

-Dennis-

IP Logged

sandie99
CH.com Hall of Famer

Wish it, dream it, do
it - inspite the pain!

Finland
Reply #7 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 8:30am

Bryan & Denise,

welcome! Smiley
I hope that Denise will be soon PF! Smiley

As you've noticed, it might take a while to find a treatment, which works. But there are plenty to try. I rely on energy drinks; they've worked wonders with my ch.

All the best,
Sanna

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

IP Logged

Denise
CH.com Newbie

I Love CH.com!

Reply #8 - Jul 1st, 2008 at 1:18pm

This site was god sent for sure!
I have spent many many hours reading everything on the net on new treatments. Denise had an attack yesterday that was 5 or 6 and tried the red bull for the first time and couldnt believe it aborted a full out 10 that she usually gets. She went down to a 2-3 with shadows all day but nothing like previous attacks. I will be trying the o2 as soon as I can get all the pieces together. I still am curious about the claim of aborting a full cycle with seeds or mushrooms. I would rather try the mushrooms but have lost all my younger wilder days connections . I feel muchrooms to be a safe venture as I used recreationally in my youth. I live in calif and you cant have spores shipped to calif. I think its real crap that a drug that has so much hope for the desperate is illegal. You can go buy all the alcohol you want and basically kill yourself and the government thinks that is fine. I have seeds on the way but really would prefer the mushrooms. Thanks to all of you that have shared your experiences and treatments for us all to learn by. Take care to you all and you are in our prayers always!!!!!!!!!

Bryan

IP Logged

DennisM1045
CH.com Alumnus

One wave at a time!

Reply #9 - Jul 2nd, 2008 at 12:57pm

They tax Alchol so they have an interest in seeing it's consumption continue.  There is no monitary incentive in supporting the sale of shrooms and certain political death ... even in California  Roll Eyes

-Dennis-

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!