Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A Question & some advice.............please....... (Read 994 times)
debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
A Question & some advice.............please.......
Jul 3rd, 2008 at 8:19pm

For those of u who do not know me, i started my first ever cycle january 30...............after months of "blah blah blah"...........pred tapers, scans etc, i started on Elavil @ nightime about 2 months ago........pretty much kept the beast away, tried previously to stop, and came back..a week ago i stopped again, and yesterday i start with the major eye pain,lots of tearing,  etc etc..........but never goes into a full hit....................so am i to assume i am still in the same damn cycle? Should i get back on the elavil before it ramps up again? or maybe it wont ramp up & i should try to stay off of it???????? funny thing is for 3 mths i couldnt touch any form of alcohol , and the past 2 i can with no hits....................i am still so confused......i know there is no rhyme or reason to this beast, but it just feels good to get it out on here.....................thanks all u r all the best!!!!!
deb

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

Ray
CH.com Alumnus

Ray

Columbus, Ohio
Re: A Question & some advice.............please.......
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:22pm

Hello Deb:

Geeze I don't know what to make of it.  But, from what you've just said, I would think that keeping ON the Elavil might be the best course of action.

Is there a side effect that is making that medicine unpleasant for you?

Ray

You have my prayers and compassion-I'm right there with you.

Dum tempus habemus, operemur bonum

*While we have the time, let us do good*

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register
WWW raymond.schwartz759 rayplace raymond.schwartz759 raymond759  
IP Logged

mezza
CH.com Alumnus

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

north carolina
Reply #2 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 9:43pm

Hi Deb-

Certainly sounds confusing!  I know when i tapered off my verapamil when i was pretty sure my cycle ended- i would get shadows but never a full on HA.  It was scary to be totally off the meds- I still get some mild shadows( really mild)

Sounds like you gotta a few  choices as you've thought -  either stay off the elavil for a few days and see what happens while having some abortives handy at all times just in case hoping the shadows will subside or... go back on the elavil.  I would probably revisit the doc too-  if you got a good one-

Interesting you can drink alcohol though-  I still am not brave enough to try - When you say " the elavil pretty much kept the beast away" does that mean you do get some hits on the elavil?   

Sorry you're hurting-  the beast sucks !

IP Logged

debOUCH
CH.com Old Timer

..&^%*%$(*&^&^%..

x0|Holbrook|USA||0|0|NY,New_York
Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2008 at 10:22pm

i will get "easy"hits from time to time...but none of those kip 8-9 l was getting prior.................i am just so damn scared that it will ramp up again........so i took the elavil tonite...................my neuro is pretty good...........i have increased the dose 2x......................i just have a hard time waking up in morning when on, if i dont take by 9pm. and feel that "hangover" feeling...............i guess i just dont want to stay on meds, and i also figured the only way to know if it is gone, would be to stop...........................hey the good thing is my left eye kinda does the "winking on it's own alot" so i may get a bf!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha.......people must wonder what the hell is going on with her eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanks for the replies!!!!!!!!!!

Deb Piscitelli Powers winelova50  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!