Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Anyone ever experienced this? (Read 1452 times)
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Anyone ever experienced this?
Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:10am

Exploding Head Syndrome

See here for brief details:

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Multimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register

Many thanks

-Lee

IP Logged

nani
CH.com Alumnus

Clusterbusters

Los Lunas NM USA
Re: Anyone ever experienced this?
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:20am

Yes. Until now, I didn't know it was a syndrome, LOL.

I thought it was because of the brain surgery I had (it started after that).

It isn't always an exploding sound, sometimes it sounds like a rush of air, like the sound of letting a balloon loose. I call those brain farts.

/ to add: The explosions often come with visual disturbances. It's like a fireworks show inside my head.  Undecided
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:22am by nani »  

Here I sit between my brother the mountain and my sister the sea. We three are one in loneliness, and the love that binds us together is deep and strong and strange.~Kahlil Gibran
IP Logged

LeeS
CH.com Alumnus

I love C12 H16 N2O!

West London, UK, Europe
Reply #2 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 9:50am

Oh well, just you and me then nani.  Fireworks and brains farts Grin

For me, it happens just before I nod off at night and feels like someone sneaks up on me and bashes me around the ears with a pair of cymbals, which simultaneously causes a couple of "magnesium white" explosions to occur inside my head.  Scary as shit – but no pain – and fortunately it doesn't happen very often.

I had a hunch that there might be a higher incidence of "Exploding Head Syndrome" amongst CH sufferers, especially because I've found another six CH sufferers in the UK with similar symptoms (and from a relatively low overall base).

Anyway, here's a clinical report I found on it if anyone is interested:

Oh well; back to the drawing board.

-Lee

IP Logged

sailpappy
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:30am

Cheesy Cheesy Not to make light of this phanomenon Lee or Nani, Ihave also experienced this malady on a few occasions, which led me to locate this GIF!  Pretty gross, Not for squeemish eyes!  John

« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:31am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:31am

Nope, not just you two. Me too. Happens once every few months or so. But I'm really glad because of the following (from the Wikipedia article):

Quote:
Please note that this condition does not actually cause the head to explode.

IP Logged

Jeannie
CH.com Sponsor

Live, Laugh, Love....

St Louis, Missouri
Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:33am

I love the last sentence of the first paragraph!   " Please note that this syndrome does not actually cause the head to explode." 

I can't help it.  It made me laugh! 

Sorry you guys experience this though.   Hang in there.

Jeannie

"It's all a grand illusion when you think you're in control." ~ Kenny Chesney

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!