Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Clusterheadaches.com

Search box updated Dec 3, 2011... Search ch.com with Google!
  HomeHelpSearchLoginRegisterEvent CalendarBirthday List  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
two questions (Read 1841 times)
Karl
Ex Member

two questions
Jul 9th, 2008 at 8:35pm

should i be using a humidifier with my oxygen and can someone explain the differance between episodic and chronic.
mine come about every three to six months and last about 4 weeks sometimes longer.
also if its not to much since I am still learning whats normal , mine typically start at the left temple then to behind the left eye but some come from the base of my neck to my temple then me eye (those are the ones that drive me to knee's) some build over the day in intensity in burst and some just bust on the scene full bore. some wake me at night (i hate those).
anyway i ramble. just wanted to know if i was a freak or not.

IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Hall of Famer

CH messes with my isness

Charlotte, NC
Re: two questions
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:14pm

Some folks do have an apparatus with their O2 rigs that "humidifies" the O2 to some degree. It is not necessary. I've never used one as I have not had problems with my sinuses drying.

CHeck out the Cluster Quiz here on the site and you'll have a pretty good idea of how much a "freak" you are or not. Some of what you're describing is pretty consistent with the broad range of ways these make themselves known to each of us.

Chronic is being "in cycle" year round, year after year. What you describe is episodic.

Scott

Scott

IP Logged

Brew
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 9:52pm

The accepted definition of chronic is going one year without a pain-free break of 30 days or more.

IP Logged

Guiseppi
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

San Diego to Florida 05-16-2011

SAN DIEGO, CALIFORNIA USA
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 11:25pm

Well of course you're a freak! Otherwise we wouldn't let you join the club! I've never needed the humidifier, I guess if you get nose bleeds or your throat dries out, it's mostly a comfort issue.

Welcome to the board, keep reading and keep firing away witht the questions!

Guiseppi

"Somebody had to say it" is usually a piss poor excuse to be mean.

IP Logged

George
CH.com Moderator
CH.com Alumnus

Black-Billed Magpie

Boise, Idaho USA
Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 12:45am

The way your headaches present sounds pretty much par for the course.  Lots of us get the "neck thing" during severe hits. 

You may feel what we call a "cluster lump" near the 7th cervical vertebra, the 5th cervical vertebra, or at the base of your skull--actually swollen nerve ganglia and surrounding tissue.  Ice, or a bag of frozen vegetables applied to the affected area can really help.  Just be sure to remove it gradually, finishing off with a wet cloth--removing it too quickly can cause a nasty rebound.

So no--no weirder than the rest of us, I think.   Wink

Best wishes,

George 

"Whoever loveth me, loveth my hound."  (Thomas More, author of "Utopia", and Chancellor of England.  1477-1535)
WWW George jacox6820 7165032563  
IP Logged

thebbz
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 6:26pm

Called a bubbler. See the photo.
works wonders.
thebbMultimedia File Viewing and Clickable Links are available for Registered Members only!!  You need to Login or Register Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Karl
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 9:18pm

you all are great thanks for the info!!!!!

IP Logged

FramCire
CH.com Alumnus

Life like a froward child
must be humored a little

Bolivar, MO USA
Reply #7 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 12:22pm

Welcome.

If you aren't a freak, you dont have CH.  I have never seen a disease present so differently and react to medications so completely different in every case. 

You've overstayed your welcome since the day we met but it doesn't seem to matter to you.  No medications are your master, nothing makes you fret, it's a helpless feeling having nothing I can do

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

DISCLAIMER: All information contained on this web site is for informational purposes only.  It is in no way intended to be used as a replacement for professional medical treatment.   clusterheadaches.com makes no claims as to the scientific/clinical validity of the information on this site OR to that of the information linked to from this site.  All information taken from the internet should be discussed with a medical professional!